U.S. Politics - Thread

U.S. Politics

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
A pretty good discussion about the problems of attempting to ‘ban hate/offensive’ speech

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
A pretty good discussion about the problems of attempting to ‘ban hate/offensive’ speech

I had a brief chat with Ira a while back when I was helping out certain Libertarian groups. He's a really good bloke and oddly enough, I actually agree with him on a lot of what he says. Where we differed was on the impact it has in the modern world.

We only spoke briefly and he raised some really good points. And as I said, to the most part I agree. My concern I raised with him was the impact it would have in modern society. We ran out of time after that but I did get spammed by many people telling me that I'm a Commie for questioning him.

I was volunteering for the Libertarians so I just laughed it off and told them to piss off followed by a #freespeech

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
This free speech issue is quite challenging. I'll make up a fictional story to demonstrate. I see a high profile member of a church is charged with some very serious offences but I come across a forum user who spends a lot of time defending him. I have never met the guy but I just decide that this user is probably defending him because he's into that stuff as well. I head over to my twitter account and start spreading this nonsense without any proof at all. Should Twitter shut me down, in what many consider would be common sense, or should I be allowed to spread this fiction claiming that it's free speech?

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How dumb are the MAGA boys.

Bumble removes political preference filter after Capitol riots honeypot scheme (news.com.au)

Women in the US are apparently using dating apps to track down insurrectionists who stormed the Capitol building last week to report them to the FBI.

Their self-reported tactics have already prompted one dating app to change its policies.

Bumble has removed its political preference filter temporarily, but claims it’s searching for Capitol rioters on the app and reporting them to authorities.

Lmao these women are changing their profiles to "Conservative" luring in MAGA boys who are then sending vids and pics of themselves at the riots to impress the women who are then forwarding those vids and pics onto the FBI. You go girls!!

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
The daughter wow....mother, father, auntie.

I saw that FBI have the insurrectionist Trumpsters photos being auto circulated on illuminated touch pad panels on bus shelters... so their faces are being displayed all over.
Pretty crazy the investment in security agency resources for this half day riot compared to the amount invested for months of BLM riots and billions of dollars of damage.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The Rudester says he's working on Trump's impeachment defence and will argue voter fraud. Says ‘if we can prove it’s true then he didn’t incite the Capitol invasion’. And the other 59 failed lawsuits??

Good to see Donny’s crack team at it again :tearsofjoy:.
#$20kperday #SOSSidney

Last edited:

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Giuliani says he's working on Trump's impeachment defence and will argue voter fraud.

Good to see Donny’s crack team at it again :tearsofjoy:.

I think with everything happening in the us ,they are in for an extremely disruptive year
Just a guess

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Pretty crazy the investment in security agency resources for this half day riot compared to the amount invested for months of BLM riots and billions of dollars of damage.
The BLM riots broke into the Nike store the Trump riots took over the Capital Building..

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
The BLM riots broke into the Nike store the Trump riots took over the Capital Building..
The BLM riots ruined thousands of small business owners lives, the majority of whom were lower class ethnic / black people.

It's actually a good insight into the entire reason Trump got elected.

If you f*** over 'small americans' in the middle of america, no one will care and you will be called a racist for even complaining about someone looting your store. They weren't 'looting', they were 'peacefully protesting'.

But if you come anywhere near DC where the fragile politicians reside, the entire weight of the federal government security and spy agencies will see to it that you are dealt with harshly and swiftly.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
The BLM riots ruined thousands of small business owners lives, the majority of whom were lower class ethnic / black people.

It's actually a good insight into the entire reason Trump got elected.

If you f*** over 'small americans' in the middle of america, no one will care and you will be called a racist for even complaining about someone looting your store. They weren't 'looting', they were 'peacefully protesting'.

But if you come anywhere near DC where the fragile politicians reside, the entire weight of the federal government security and spy agencies will see to it that you are dealt with harshly and swiftly.
I agree with this..Not the racist about someone looting but the structure of this argument I do agree with.

Status
Not open for further replies.