U.S. Politics

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s not about compromise, it is about honest reflection about what is wrong with our side. Trump has lost, he’s on his way out. It is the perfect time to talk about what is wrong with the Democrats. Trump would never have risen to power if the DNC had not abandoned their traditional base and stopped championing the rights of working class people. That’s just the reality of the situation.

If leftists allow themselves to become complacent, or just divert by saying ‘but they are worse’, it’s only going to lay the groundwork for a Trump 2.0 type character to rise to power on the back of false promises to champion the disenfranchised.

It’s time genuine liberals were honest. Biden, Harris and their corporatist cabinet will make for a fucking abominable presidential team. Just because they will be better than Trump or some other republican president doesn’t mean we should not talk about what is wrong with the modern left, becsuse it stinks to high hell in its own right.

Corporatist pseudo liberals were 100 percent complicit in Trump’s rise and will see the public’s rejection of trump as a form of validation of their disingenuous policy platform. Im
As relieved as anyone that Trump lost, but the future under Biden’s team is not going to be sunshine and roses.
Bro you always try to play the middle ground and offer up something to try and reason with certain people. It doesn't help because they won't give you an inch and you're giving up plenty.

Leftists need to fix problems within themselves, for sure, completely agree, but I just reckon that needs to be done away from prying eyes. That in any debate with conservatives, it's not brought up, because they are unwilling in any way shape or form to compromise or find the middle ground. Instead when you offer up an olive branch (in the sense of acknowledging wrongs within your party/side), they take that to the nth degree and just criticise, so fuck them I say. Stop offering it up, point out the many fuck ups they have on their side. Leave the correcting of wrongs to internal discussions.

sideswip

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ladies and gentlemen, we officially have a CONTESTED ELECTION!!!
-Georgia
-Nevada
-Pennsylvania
Have all just picked a separate slate of electors for TRUMP!
This is 42 electors. Enough to change the election!
This will be decided by state legislatures! Which are 27 Republican - 22 Democrat
We are about to make HISTORY!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Bro you always try to play the middle ground and offer up something to try and reason with certain people. It doesn't help because they won't give you an inch and you're giving up plenty.

Leftists need to fix problems within themselves, for sure, completely agree, but I just reckon that needs to be done away from prying eyes. That in any debate with conservatives, it's not brought up, because they are unwilling in any way shape or form to compromise or find the middle ground. Instead when you offer up an olive branch (in the sense of acknowledging wrongs within your party/side), they take that to the nth degree and just criticise, so fuck them I say. Stop offering it up, point out the many fuck ups they have on their side. Leave the correcting of wrongs to internal discussions.
If conservatives want to live in their own state of delusion, that's on them. It is my opinion that we should hold ourselves to a higher standard. Some republicans are coming out and openly criticising Trump and the Republicans who are supporting his dictatorial bid to stay in power. Quite a few of them, in fact. They may never change their politics and I strongly disagree with those politics, as you well know....but at least they aren't shrinking away from failures of their own leadership. I don't deny that those criticisms are only superficial and won't go to the root of what is wrong with their party. I'd rather try and go one better and go straight to the root of what stinks about the dems and establishment left in general.

I'm not offering an olive branch to anybody, or trying to play the middle ground. What I say isn't for anyone's benefit, it is simply my honest opinion. I'm not interested in political cheerleading, or trying to gain concessions from the rigidly dogmatic. I'm just interested i expressing my own personal opinions, which are shaped by my own values, not by any political party. Who knows, if enough progressively minded liberals openly call out the bullshit from the DNC, it may help create a grass roots movement that is strong enough to see more progressive and genuinely liberal candidtaes nominated and elected in the future.

Be honest, man. If we leave these conversations to take behind closed doors, discussions are unlikely to take place and even less likely to lead to any form of meaningful reform.

Trump being on his way out is enough for now, but I'm not interested in supporting a party that is led by Biden and Harris types going forward. I'd much rather advocate for politicians with integrity who stand for something bigger than the donors which line their pockets.....the Bernie's the AOCs....these are the type of liberals I want to get behind.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
-Georgia
-Nevada
-Pennsylvania
This will be decided by state legislatures! Which are 27 Republican - 22 Democrat
The electoral college has confirmed Biden as the winner and there is no constitutional basis for state legislatures to go against those wishes. You're cheerleading for a tinpot dictator who is trying to abuse a flawed system to openly subvert democracy. Trumpsters are fucking pathetic.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Congressman cites Trump's efforts to overturn election in announcing decision to quit GOP

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
At last someone with decent principles is willing to step forward from the Republican Party.

READ: Rep. Paul Mitchell's letter quitting the GOP, fearing 'long-term harm to our democracy' with its support for Trump's actions

sideswip

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The electoral college has confirmed Biden as the winner and there is no constitutional basis for state legislatures to go against those wishes. You're cheerleading for a tinpot dictator who is trying to abuse a flawed system to openly subvert democracy. Trumpsters are fucking pathetic.
Your Wrong. there is more at play than the electoral college... Demorats have told untruths for the last 4 years..and you believe them.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Please your using CNN as a credible source for news.
You're getting your news directly from Trump's criminal cartel and ignoring the fact his bullshit has been repeatedly slapped down by GOP polling officials, Republican judges and the supreme court. You are in la la land, buddy.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Your Wrong. there is more at play than the electoral college... Demorats have told untruths for the last 4 years..and you believe them.
Maybe they have, all politicians lie.....but they certainly haven't told more untruths than Trump and his cabal.

There is no constitutional basis for politicians to overturn the results of a democratic election based on hearsay and wild speculative accusations. Especially when those making those accusations have either back pedaled from them entirely or had them repeatedly slapped down in the courts.

Trump has no just cause....he is just a sociopathic, perpetually spoilt man child throwing his toys around the cot. He's not winning anything, only losing dignity.

Show respect for the will of the people, you enabler of would be authoritarianism. This shit is getting more and more embarrassing.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
-Georgia
-Nevada
-Pennsylvania
I have a bridge to sell you.

Status
Not open for further replies.