U.S. Politics Discussion 2.0

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Trump's problem is that his biggest asset is also his biggest flaw. He attracts followers thanks to his over confidence and his penchant to always speak his mind. But those same qualities result in him pissing people off as he has no diplomatic approach. And any of his followers that have a hint of intelligence, soon learn that he's just a egotistical leader who will always put himself ahead of the country.

If he mastered his confidence and backed it up with political brains, he would be unstoppable. He could turn the stupidity of the American public into a weapon against the democrats, and use it to thrash Biden.
Given what u just said, if you were his advisor how would that look in reality? What would you advise him to say?
He does flip between inspiring speech to personal grievances and I have no doubt if he gets elected again he will indeed go on a revenge tour. The dem theory on that is 100% right I think.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Given what u just said, if you were his advisor how would that look in reality? What would you advise him to say?
He does flip between inspiring speech to personal grievances and I have no doubt if he gets elected again he will indeed go on a revenge tour. The dem theory on that is 100% right I think.
I would tell him to hold back on the tantrums and pretend it's not all about him. He lost many supporters when he started the "stolen election" rubbish. His diehard supporters became more supportive, but he was never going to lose their votes anyway.

Biden and the Democrats have virtually handed victory to Trump without Trump having to even try. If Trump didn't throw his fit and instead said, "we lost today, but we'll be back in 2024 to fix the problems Biden causes" that would have given him so much more support.

The reason Obama won and served two terms virtually uncontested, is because he lead with hope. The reason Trump won in 2016 is because he lead with fear. If he combined the fear, but also joined it with diplomatic messages of hope, the Democrats wouldn't have a chance.

I would also tell him to listen to his advisors. If he did listen to his advisors his North Korea/South Korea deal may have actually worked and he'd go down in history as a President of peace.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Vote Vivek, save Trump!

The guy that thinks that 9/11 was an inside job, is backing the guy that thinks that the election was rigged. And Americans are eating it up.

There's too many stupid people in the world. But personally, I am going to enjoy watching the train wreck from afar.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
The guy that thinks that 9/11 was an inside job, is backing the guy that thinks that the election was rigged. And Americans are eating it up.

There's too many stupid people in the world. But personally, I am going to enjoy watching the train wreck from afar.
Him and Trump are a very good pairing. His background is in pharma. He buys patents on drugs that fail clinical trials from other pharma, tells the market via IPOs he'll change the world with these drugs when they come to market and then guess what happens. They fail clinical trials.

Its an awesome business model.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's comforting to know that we Australians are in general smarter than americans.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
It's comforting to know that we Australians are in general smarter than americans.
You're comparing a nation that has a population of over 300 million to a nation that has over 25 million?

Australia would be the dumbest and fattest nation if we had close to half of America's current population!

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're comparing a nation that has a population of over 300 million to a nation that has over 25 million?

Australia would be the dumbest and fattest nation if we had close to half of America's current population!
I know our politicians are pretty hopeless, but, would we have someone like trump running for office..?

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Would we have someone like trump running for office..?
You suffer from Trump derangement syndrome!
Just go smoke another bong and forget about Trump for a moment!

How does it feel having Trump live in your head rent free?

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You suffer from Trump derangement syndrome!
Just go smoke another bong and forget about Trump for a moment!

How does it feel having Trump live in your head rent free?
I wonder who is the greater fool, the fool themselves or those who can see their a fool yet follow them anyway..?

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well you follow all this crap so you're a fool!
Allow me to explain the dangers of Trump or any incompetent US president. (Sorry for the length)
The outcome of any US election affects the entire world and the man or woman at the top must be a fit, proper and competent person with no question marks over them whatsoever.
The ardent Trumpest (or whoever) will bleat, "So what, fuck you, USA! USA! USA!"
However, though only Americans have the right to vote for their president, the rest of the world must live with their decision (and at present, the average American voter could never be accused of being a critical thinker.)
We have absolutely no say in who will be the leader and spokesman of the free world and the most powerful person on the planet
particularly if he or she wants to go to war.
They must be as squeaky clean as possible, competent and fit both emotionally and intellectually for the job.
At present, Biden is too old and Trump is an incompetent and vindictive man-child. ( Nikki Haley would make the better president.)
Unfortunately, the world needs a strong forthright, and stable America, whether we like it or not...

Last edited: