two defining moments imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toey .H.C.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
good season congrats on the guys efforts.. i'll be shattered for months though.

i think theres two things that COULD have changed the game. Kimmorley shouldn't of went for field goal on the 3rd tackle with 2 mins left on the clock before halftime..

Sure it's a good tactic but NOT when theres still plenty of time on the clock and tackles up the sleeve. we should of definately went for a try.

anyway shaking that off.. the next one was i think when parra first hit the lead. we made really good metres up field - - ennis just scooted out of dummy half for about 20 metres and we were on the 20 metre line with tackles up the sleeve. i think on 2nd tackle jamaal dropped it stone cold. I felt as though we could of definately scored a try in that set hadnt jama dropped the ball :(

oh well as they say would of could of should of but didnt. not blaming kimmorley and idris solely for the loss. parramatta just got some lucky bs go there way.

How hayne wasnt at least sinbinned for knees to the head in beyond me.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i think there was only 10 seconds left when noddy went for the field goal though

Toey .H.C.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh really then scratch that then LOL. i was pretty drunk i swear i saw 2:10 secs left

oh well 1 defining moment then

still cant believe he missed the field goal from that range. Eastwood or Hannant would of kicked it from there

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
There were alot of opportunities to win the game. We were just fatigued by Parra's offloading ability and the fact that we had a few busted players out there didn't help.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
there were alot of opportunities to win the game. We were just fatigued by parra's offloading ability and the fact that we had a few busted players out there didn't help.
100%

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
oh really then scratch that then LOL. i was pretty drunk i swear i saw 2:10 secs left

lol:p, maybe a bit more then 10 secs but less than 30 im sure

it can still be a defining moment because we had back to back sets before that and couldnt score, a try there could have done it for us

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score

still cant believe he missed the field goal from that range. Eastwood or Hannant would of kicked it from there
The field goal was a weird decision. The team really believed we could grind them down but Mateo and Inu cut us to shreds down Haz's side.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
When Noddy went for the field goal there was 30 secs left and he should not of gone for it. We still had 2 more tackles and there was enough time for us to throw something at them and if not go for field goal on the last but oh well, this loss will freaking burn and haunt me for a long time.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
The field goal was a weird decision. The team really believed we could grind them down but Mateo and Inu cut us to shreds down Haz's side.
Haz's side, he wasnt even there for the majority of the game, the inexperience of Buddy and Idris showed.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Patten going off in the 2nd minute was the defining moment. He is vital to our attack. We could have run a couple more trys in with him on the field and had it won by half time, we will never know

Sull

Whitaker Eye
Reaction score
Losing the structure for the whole game was the key. Parra got all their opportunities in our red zone from being able to take advantage of the weakened right side defence with idris and gordon making 50 metre breaks.

In the end the better team won. They tried their best but ineffective tackles and our attack not being up to scratch was all it took.

Next year is fresh. We have consolidated our structure now after this year. If they add a few layers of creativity and mobility on top of that over the offseason look out.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
There was actually 28 seconds or something left when Noddy went for the FG.

That right there told us what kind of attitude we were in. We weren't out there trying to WIN the game, we were just trying to defend our lead. Bad, bad choice IMO. With Noddy's experience, I would have expected better. 2 tackles before half-time, we should have been going for the jugular.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
agreed slip, it showed we were happy to be in front, we should of been going for the killer play and being up 18-6 it is a much different game, but damn well never know

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
There was actually 28 seconds or something left when Noddy went for the FG.

That right there told us what kind of attitude we were in. We weren't out there trying to WIN the game, we were just trying to defend our lead. Bad, bad choice IMO. With Noddy's experience, I would have expected better. 2 tackles before half-time, we should have been going for the jugular.
x2

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
being up 18-6 and 13-6 is not too much different though

if you say it was a nail in the coffin move to score a try then you say parra cant score 2 tries to get to us, which is what they need to beat a 7 point lead

Sabre V

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I have no problem with Noddy having the shot at FG, there wasn't long left until halftime and he had probably a 50% chance of getting it, as opposed to probably a 10% chance of setting up a try from that position...

If he kicked it and we won 13-12 or 19-18 he'd be a massive hero with an awesome knowledge of the game to kick it when he did...

Thems the breaks I'm afraid :(

Bull4life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There was no co-ordination in attck. So many times the dummy half would pass the ball, and the person receiving the ball is thinking, "**** i've got the ball, what do i do with it now". Haz was put in this position twice. And this was close to their try line and Kimmorley's kicking

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I have no problem with Noddy having the shot at FG, there wasn't long left until halftime and he had probably a 50% chance of getting it, as opposed to probably a 10% chance of setting up a try from that position...

If he kicked it and we won 13-12 or 19-18 he'd be a massive hero with an awesome knowledge of the game to kick it when he did...

Thems the breaks I'm afraid :(
yeah i think its quite logical to go for the shot

if you had a 12-6 lead with 40 seconds to go before halftime and the referee gives you a penalty 15 in from touch (about the same chance of success as kimmorley from that field goal position) i bet the team would kick for goal 100 times out of 100

Hog

The War Pig
Reaction score
Patten getting kneed in the head by that stupid **** Cayless. There's the defining moment of the game!!!

The_General

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Defining moments happened 5 mins before half time and 5 mins after half time. We had alot of ball on their line and went so close to scoring but couldn't crack their defence. If we score there and take a 18-6 lead we would have been very hard to beat. But all these ifs and buts aren't going to change anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.