Twitter Thread- Non Gus

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gee I hope he kicks on and becomes Barba 2.0 but without the drama. The step and the fight he shows is excitement plus. He got taken to the ground in one of those clips, but was still hell bent on making more metres, which he did. Just fights free from the defender and makes another dart.

Also, BBO your biceps bro :| 200kg barbell curls or what?!

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gee I hope he kicks on and becomes Barba 2.0 but without the drama. The step and the fight he shows is excitement plus. He got taken to the ground in one of those clips, but was still hell bent on making more metres, which he did. Just fights free from the defender and makes another dart.

This is why the Crichton signing doesn't make sense, if it was only a 2-3 year prove you can be a top fullback contract for reasonable money I'd be all for it but the reported 4-5 year contract is crazy, not to mention the 900k plus asking price. we have This kid coming through, yes he's not ready yet but he could be demanding selection in 12-24 months if he lives up to expectations. Then there's the issue at centre, we already have Xerri, Alamoti and Skelton who all might be just as good or even better options at centre within the next 24 months.
I'm not sure why so many people are fascinated with Crichton, is it because he can take an intercept or kick a field goal? he doesn't dominate games to be a million dollar player and after watching origin 3 where he got bullied, dominated and shown to be the weak link, people should be very wary of him as to whether he's just a product of the current panther system. Not to mention he will always be a panther boy and would just be here for the money.

Last edited:

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason williams clone

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is why the Crichton signing doesn't make sense, if it was only a 2-3 year prove you can be a top fullback contract for reasonable money I'd be all for it but the reported 4-5 year contract is crazy, not to mention the 900k plus asking price. we have This kid coming through, yes he's not ready yet but he could be demanding selection in 12-24 months if he lives up to expectations. Then there's the issue at centre, we already have Xerri, Alamoti and Skelton who all might be just as good or even better options at centre within the next 24 months.
I'm not sure why so many people are fascinated with Crichton, is it because he can take an intercept or kick a field goal? he doesn't dominate games to be a million dollar player and after watching origin 3 where he got bullied, dominated and shown to be the weak link, people should be very wary of him as to whether he's just a product of the current panther system. Not to mention he will always be a panther boy and would just be here for the money.
I’m not keen on Crichton, for many of the reasons you mentioned.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Jason williams clone
Who Joash is? must watch the video I suppose lol
Jason Williams was a very good player if this kid is even as good as him we have a goodun for sure, especially as part of a future spine.
Few years off yet though only 18 no?

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Who Joash is? must watch the video I suppose lol
Jason Williams was a very good player if this kid is even as good as him we have a goodun for sure, especially as part of a future spine.
Few years off yet though only 18 no?
yeh he is only small so will need more time in flegg and maybe some NSW cup for experience at the back of the year.
the good thing about us having a massey cup team is that when ball and flegg finish, which is earlier than cup and grade, they can play massey to get experience

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
#3 is my favourite and I have an original, plus it's pre Bulldogs, just the CB logo.
Followed by #5, the best of the jerseys with sponsorship, the original Bulldogs logo, plus it's a premiership winning jersey.
After that it gets difficult, I prefer jerseys with collars (tradition over efficiency), so probably #8, another premiership winning jersey.

Always a Bulldog