Twitter Thread- Non Gus

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Getty Images

BULLDOGS

Biggest roster hole
: Halfback

Analysis: Kyle Flanagan showed signs he is getting his career back on track last season, but the Bulldogs desperately need a class halfback to return to finals contenders and at this stage of his career Flanagan is not that man just yet. Matt Burton is an excellent prospect at five-eighth, but he needs to stick to his running game to play to his strengths. To do that he needs an organising halfback alongside him who can direct the team around the park and take on the bulk of the kicking game. A player like Mitchell Moses would be the ideal foil to Burton and with Reed Mahoney on board that would make an excellent scrumbase partnership between No.9, No.6 and No.7. With Jayden Sullivan and Ben Hunt committed to the Dragons and Flanagan off-contract in 2023, the Bulldogs need to look at their options at halfback and off-contract Tigers’ No.7 Jackson Hastings could be another potential solution if Moses re-signs with the Eels.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ciraldo to delay Dogs captaincy call
Cameron Ciraldo is already showing a wise head on young shoulders with a move that will keep his captaincy contenders on their toes throughout the summer.

Rather than naming an immediate replacement for skipper Josh Jackson, who surprisingly retired last week, Ciraldo is likely to delay a decision until around February.

Josh Addo-Carr is one of four players in line to be named the next Bulldogs captain. (NRL Imagery)
That will ensure the four main candidates - Josh Addo-Carr, Reed Mahoney, Matt Burton and Luke Thompson - are kept on their toes right through the summer.

While there is a push for Addo-Carr - and he has the passion to do a fine job - I have a feeling Ciraldo will go with Burton, who he knows from Penrith and was outstanding in his first season with the club in 2022.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Cool, with al the Gus/Non-Gus posts I won't have to go on twitter at all

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Addo-Carr opens up on what it would take to become next Dogs captain as contenders revealed

Josh Addo-Carr opened up on the Bulldogs captaincy following Josh Jackson’s shock retirement.

Jackson’s decision last week reportedly stunned Bulldogs teammates, including Addo-Carr and Matt Burton who are currently in England representing Australia at the Rugby League World Cup

While the 27-year-old revealed he’s up for the job, the Daily Telegraph reports fellow teammates Reed Mahoney, Luke Thompson and Burton are also in contention.

If everyone wants (me to do it), I’ll put my hand up,” Addo-Carr told The Daily Telegraph

We’ll see what happens. We’ve got Matty Burton coming through as well.

“If everyone wants me to do it at the Bulldogs, if the boys trust me, I’ll definitely put my hand up. But I think it’s got to be earned.”

The Kangaroos winger has worn the captain’s armband on one occasion alongside Jackson against the Roosters this year.

If he becomes the club’s next skipper, Round 1 2023 will be the first time Addo-Carr has held a captaincy role by himself in his career.

“It was mad,” Addo-Carr reflected.

“I was partnered with Luke Thompson and I had an awesome time.

“I just enjoyed it that day, running the boys out and having fun.

“Everyone sees me as a player always laughing but when it’s time to party on game day, I put my best foot forward so we’ll see what happens.

“I just see the fun side to things more than others I suppose.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ciraldo to delay Dogs captaincy call
Cameron Ciraldo is already showing a wise head on young shoulders with a move that will keep his captaincy contenders on their toes throughout the summer.

Rather than naming an immediate replacement for skipper Josh Jackson, who surprisingly retired last week, Ciraldo is likely to delay a decision until around February.

Josh Addo-Carr is one of four players in line to be named the next Bulldogs captain. (NRL Imagery)
That will ensure the four main candidates - Josh Addo-Carr, Reed Mahoney, Matt Burton and Luke Thompson - are kept on their toes right through the summer.

While there is a push for Addo-Carr - and he has the passion to do a fine job - I have a feeling Ciraldo will go with Burton, who he knows from Penrith and was outstanding in his first season with the club in 2022.
Unless Thompson will be here in 24, what's the point of him being named captain for 1 year. Max King should be a candidate.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Getty Images

BULLDOGS

Biggest roster hole
: Halfback

Analysis: Kyle Flanagan showed signs he is getting his career back on track last season, but the Bulldogs desperately need a class halfback to return to finals contenders and at this stage of his career Flanagan is not that man just yet. Matt Burton is an excellent prospect at five-eighth, but he needs to stick to his running game to play to his strengths. To do that he needs an organising halfback alongside him who can direct the team around the park and take on the bulk of the kicking game. A player like Mitchell Moses would be the ideal foil to Burton and with Reed Mahoney on board that would make an excellent scrumbase partnership between No.9, No.6 and No.7. With Jayden Sullivan and Ben Hunt committed to the Dragons and Flanagan off-contract in 2023, the Bulldogs need to look at their options at halfback and off-contract Tigers’ No.7 Jackson Hastings could be another potential solution if Moses re-signs with the Eels.
@Flanagun
Even the idiot journalists can see you're a dud
Moses or Rajab to play 7 in 24

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
@Flanagun
Even the idiot journalists can see you're a dud
Moses or Rajab to play 7 in 24
If sports journalists are supporting your POV, that's a sure sign your POV is wrong. We're talking about the same buffoons who suggested JAC was kissing his rep career goodbye and are now saying Burton should kick less...lol. Using them as backup really doesn't strengthen your footing, la familiar.