News Turbo to miss Bulldogs clash

KingBurton

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Turbo likely ruled out for the rest of the season with cheekbone injury. How good for our fixture coming up.

Luke Thompson will steamroll over Gerrick to score, Bulldogs 4 Sea Eagles 58

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Turbo ruled out completely derails Manly's season. His stats are fucking insane he's played like 13 games for 19 tries and 25 try assists. It's partly why i think he was having an even better season than Barba 2012.

PS. We are still going to get rolled 50-0

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He'll be back before finals (?) and the teams going to keep the confidence Trbo's given them for a few games at least.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hooray!! That's our GF folks!! Not get 70-0 put on us.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Garrick or Walker at FB will still look like absolute superstars against our disjointed rabble of a team.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Turbo ruled out completely derails Manly's season. His stats are fucking insane he's played like 13 games for 19 tries and 25 try assists. It's partly why i think he was having an even better season than Barba 2012.

PS. We are still going to get rolled 50-0
Imagine Barba under these new rules though. Every record being broken this year should have an asterik

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep will be back for the 1st game of the finals for when they play Melbourne...is it still 1st plays 4th and 2nd plays 3rd?

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Imagine Barba under these new rules though. Every record being broken this year should have an asterik
This is true although Barba would also be a much bigger liability in defence than 2012 considering the amount of broken play that happens. FBs never needed to defend as much as they do this year

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Turbo likely ruled out for the rest of the season with cheekbone injury. How good for our fixture coming up.

Luke Thompson will steamroll over Gerrick to score, Bulldogs 4 Sea Eagles 58
They reported on the Footy Show that he had a plate in that cheekbone so it wasn't injured. Who do you believe?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
This is true although Barba would also be a much bigger liability in defence than 2012 considering the amount of broken play that happens. FBs never needed to defend as much as they do this year
2012 Barba was a gun in defence though, I remember him tackling Inglis one on one after he made a break and all the other numerous goal line try savers. I don't think a single on of our players could tackle Inglis one on one right now :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
2012 Barba was a gun in defence though, I remember him tackling Inglis one on one after he made a break and all the other numerous goal line try savers. I don't think a single on of our players could tackle Inglis one on one right now :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
He was gun in every aspect in 2012 but that was a season that noone could replicate more than once, Everything from the bounce of the ball to last minute tackle saves he did went right for him.

Barba on your average day would be close to speed bump especially when he becomes disinterested in playing. No doubt he's a talent we never adequately replaced and now we've had close to a decade of mediocrity.

It's also why atm i'd still take Tedesco over Turbo. Teddy has been a lot more consistent across a lot more years so far.