Trouble in Belmore??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
So you think players are causing intense disgust (revolting),but only a bit.A little bitty bit,eh? Dude it's either intense or a bit,make up your mind.
How was Pay hard? Just sprouting a few ineffective words didn't impress no one,not even the mascot,he still wriggles his arse at him to try and get him hard.
Strict,now that's a good one!We still see the same players,except for the whipping boy Frawley,being picked weekly,after some embarrassing displays.But I'm sure they are doing a few extra sets of push ups at training,so that might count.
It will be a great improvement if they can communicate and form cliques,they sure can't communicate on the field.But don't worry,Pay got that fixed,we'll be seeing smoke signals against the Cows,luckily they weren't in the play book when JT was with us.The pigeons are still in training.
I hope you are not dooming Pay to Brian Smith's fate.Smith is an absolute failure,he was sacked from every club,not because of any revolt or lack of using smoke signals but the fact he has had a 32 year career of mediocrity.
As a rugby league coach since 1984, Brian Smith has delivered not a single premiership at the eight clubs he has mentored.But maybe there's a revolt looming on Smith,I'm sure the Serbian national team will find his coaching not up to their standard,btw they use AK47s instead of smoke signals.They already shot the pigeons.
I'll tell you a secret,you know we pant's Smith when as our coach at James Cook we won the schoolboys cup,he had a little bitty bit with no intense.Dirty animal,wore pink knickers made of pigeon feathers.
It's getting late champ and I've got a full day in court tomorrow,otherwise I'll bowl you out for a duck on your cricket gibberish.
I struggled to understand your line of logic right now.

People dont intensely dislike or like as book end emotional responses.

There is a spectrum of likability.

Some people (like me) everyone likes. Other people, say, someone that rats his friends out without provocation, is intensely disliked.

Then there are various levels of in between.
Liken it to a seed.

Something happens, could be mild, that fuels discontent, even if the logical mind over rules it.
Perhaps its the Nu Brown incident of him getting dropped.
Then that grows over time, things that are 'tough' is viewed as dictatorship over strict. Authoritarian over intense. That kind of thing. 'Cops are dogs' sort of mentality.

I do not think that Pay has lost the dressing room yet. However he may be spiralling that way if he isnt careful.
This is what happened to Smith, to Martin at Souths in the 90s. I suspect Mick Potter and maybe Jason Taylor amongst others.

back to my example, Stephen Mangongo is a very knowledgeable coach and developed young kids through the system. As a kids coach, he is second to none, but for adults, he cant reconcile the hard approach to man management. Despite some on field success in 2014, after the ball grabbing incident he lost the dressing Room and sent Brendan Taylor to Hampshire.

When you are Zimbabwe, you cant afford to lose the only batsman in your team who's good enough to play for Australia. He will only ever be remembered for that now.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score

Some people (like me) everyone likes. Other people, say, someone that rats his friends out without provocation, is intensely disliked.

Liken it to a seed.

Something happens, could be mild, that fuels discontent, even if the logical mind over rules it.
Then that grows over time, things that are 'tough' is viewed as dictatorship over strict. Authoritarian over intense. That kind of thing. 'Cops are dogs' sort of mentality.

I do not think that Pay has lost the dressing room yet. However he may be spiralling that way if he isnt careful.
This is what happened to Smith, to Martin at Souths in the 90s. I suspect Mick Potter and maybe Jason Taylor amongst others.

back to my example, Stephen Mangongo is a very knowledgeable coach and developed young kids through the system. As a kids coach, he is second to none, but for adults, he cant reconcile the hard approach to man management. Despite some on field success in 2014, after the ball grabbing incident he lost the dressing Room and sent Brendan Taylor to Hampshire.

When you are Zimbabwe, you cant afford to lose the only batsman in your team who's good enough to play for Australia. He will only ever be remembered for that now.
Blah blah blah blah......

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree Bashir. I think it's way too early to start smashing Pay.

But all this stuff about how he deserted us etc etc was 23 years ago. Dymock went with him to Parra as well, but it seems this super league stuff gets brought up more with Pay.
I wonder if this Super Leaugue stuff would of been brought up if Dymock was coach this year. Or if Pay was 5 wins from 5 starts.
Pay played 7 years at the club, played in two Grand Finals and Won a Premiership and two minor premierships, played for NSW and Australia while he was at the dogs. Definately a dogs legend.
He was one of the main reasons we got to the GF in 95 first place. That try he scored against the dragons got us over the line(low scoring game), that hit he put on Lazarus the following week and he put Lazarus out of the game was another major play.
You see, back then all the players at the dogs were basically given no option but to sign on the dotted line, it was like they had a gun to their head and made to sign. A lot of stories about C Anderson and P Moore on how they went about it.
ARL offerred them big bucks to set them and their families up for life. Who on here wouldn't take the offer? I'm sure most would do the same thing. Plus there was a lot of betrayal and back stabbing with other clubs too not just at the dogs. It was a war and shit happens. People need to get over it.

If you an read what I posted I said I’ve moved on and let it go.

Pay and dymock same same for me both deserted us which is why I didn’t care if dymock wasn’t given First crack at the coaching gig.

Super league or not when that happened it hurt us fans back then BUT anyway I’m not bad mouthing pay I want to give him the chance to build this team...

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If you an read what I posted I said I’ve moved on and let it go.

Pay and dymock same same for me both deserted us which is why I didn’t care if dymock wasn’t given First crack at the coaching gig.

Super league or not when that happened it hurt us fans back then BUT anyway I’m not bad mouthing pay I want to give him the chance to build this team...
Mr Kataeb, I understand you’ve moved on but a lot of others haven’t.

I love my dogs and am passionate about them. But for me there’s two things I put in front of my club. God and my family. If I got a massive offer to go to another club and set my family up for life, then guess what, it’s bye bye doggies cause my family comes before footy. That’s why there’s no hard feelings towards Pay.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mr Kataeb, I understand you’ve moved on but a lot of others haven’t.

I love my dogs and am passionate about them. But for me there’s two things I put in front of my club. God and my family. If I got a massive offer to go to another club and set my family up for life, then guess what, it’s bye bye doggies cause my family comes before footy. That’s why there’s no hard feelings towards Pay.

Lol Bashir?
Mr Kateb?
Hmmm
You know too much

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Liken it to a seed.

Ok dude,enough screwing around with you,I'll school you on the Fundamental Laws of Logic and Logical fallacies,something you learn in entry level philosophy and Logic at university.
When you use grammar and syntax in a sentence,there are rules you don't violate,one is the 1st Law of logic (the Law of contradiction).The law states: 'you can't arrange a composition of words and phrases with two contradictory words or meanings'.
You used 'revolting' and 'a bit' together,that's a contradiction.Revolting means causing INTENSE disgust,the word intense here infers EXTREME.In formal language,bit means a SMALL piece,a PART.It is only in informal language,like slang or if you're a yobbo,that you use bit to encompass associated actions.
In formal language both words stand at opposite ends of a measurement spectrum (Extreme vs small),thus the contradiction.

I couldn't believe (facepalm),that in your reply you committed eight more fallacies,off the bat you are guilty of 'Straw man argument','Equivocation fallacy' and 'Fallacy of accent'.
You disconnected 'like' and 'intensely' by putting them into two separate sentences,to make your argument! By separating the two words you disqualify your argument from the discussion.
Then you demolish the meaning of revolting,by only using part of it's meaning 'intensely' and then follow with the word disliked.
Why the dishonesty?The degrees of like is not the subject,so don't misrepresent the argument.Maintain the original sentence structure of your 1st post.Use the word revolting (or any tense of the word) with the word disliked (or liked) AFTER it.
I tell you why you omitted revolting,because the grammar and syntax demands will break,thus exposing your inability to construct meaningful sentences!

Now to your conspiracy theory,'that there is discontent and Pay "might,going to,or may" lose the dressing room'.
I suspect unlike yourself,a few on the kennel know the state of affairs at our club,so please don't imply expertise and pretend you know some unstated truism.Your claim is presented without support,you continue your dribble with misleading vividness by trying to equate an occurrence (Nu Brown being dropped) to convince us that there "might,going to,or may" be a problem.Then you escalate this phantom problem from a maybe,to mild,to discontent,to dressing room revolt.Committing a 'correlative-based fallacy' by dreaming some phenomenon as a root cause in a circular cause and consequence.Bro correlation does not always prove causation,a faulty assumption on your part,that there is a correlation between two variables,that team selection can cause revolt.
You continue your tirade and without sufficient information and state how our players might view Pay's actions.Using baseless complete comparisons between tough/strict and dictatorship and intense with authoritarian.Your assumptions make you guilty of 'retrospective determinism',because if Pay's actions occurred under some circumstance it doesn't mean discontent or revolt are not inevitable.It's 'false equivalence' using "Cops are dogs" in the context of dictatorship and authoritarian,why not use "because they break the law","assault people" or "lie under oath",you cherry pick your reasons for the cop's derogatory name.

Smith coached under 23 and reserves at Souths,he left for a 1st grade coaching position at Illawarra Steelers.Martin was sacked by management after a disagreement over inappropriate disciplinary actions to Julian O'Neill.Potter was sacked because he was a poor coach and achieved poor results.Jason Taylor lost his job in similar circumstances to Des,after 3 years,management lost faith in him (or to save their arse),but the players were still behind him.I can't believe your poor attempt in arguing,that because all these coaches share some property (being sacked),you hastily imply that revolt or discontent by players was the cause and through your discourse you try to spin an 'association fallacy'.

Your cricket example is a 'false analogy or dichotomy' and is poorly suited.You are conflating a major embarrassing event that deserves consideration with ambiguity.Your reification,concretism and hypostatization puzzles me.Show me where Pay had such (or the like) real event,you are treating something that is real with a merely hypothesized idea.Why not use 'if Pay farts in the dressing room,the players will revolt',it's just as good.

So please,before you start spreading around multiple inductive fallacies,full of hasty generalization about our great club,come up with some premises first not a conclusion that is not supported (in other words don't talk or make up shit about the Bulldogs).I have no problems if informed observers (or sourced information) presupposes his/her own perspective when analyzing a behavioral event,based on facts.But I do have issues with your 'Kettle Logic' in using jointly inconsistent multiple arguments to propagate a corrosive proposition.You quickly use causal oversimplification to assume that Pay might be heading towards a dressing room problem simple cause of an outcome,when in reality it may be caused by a number of jointly sufficient causes beyond his control.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are many variables that go into why a team is/isn't winning, I don't see it as a singular entity as to why, more likely a host of problems that are manifesting and will take time to iron out.....and to put it simply I don't know the answer to this.

At the start of the year, I honestly expected us to be down the bottom of the ladder in the last 4-6 teams, I just didn't see where we had improved enough compared to other squads.

I think we have a lot of challenges, amongst these being:
- A new coach, which equals new structures/systems, it takes time to adapt as a player to this.
- A new Captain, which equals more responsibility potentially taking away from his game until he finds his feet in this role.
- No natural leaders in our team - once Ennis and then Graham left us, our natural leaders, who also brought extreme competitiveness have disappeared.
- Back-ended deals, leading to salary cap pressure, meaning even signing depth players has been an issue.
- A team with key players in key positions nearing the end of their careers.
- An unsettled halves combo. no recognised 5/8 and in Foran, someone who hasn't played at their best consistently for many years.
- A bench that is at the very least, extremely poor and unbalanced.
- A new fullback finding his feet and adapting to a key position.
- One game that we lost (just) and said fullback was ironed out early - 2/5 would've been a lot easier to swallow.

What I do think are positives:
- Hasler is not our coach any more!
- Cleal is no longer in charge of recruitment/juniors.
- Our juniors are showing some real signs of improvement and in McDonnell, we may have a guy who is great at signing junior talent and showing them pathways to first grade, to me this just about trumps everything and is a nod to the past when we were the benchmark for this.
- We will have serious $$$ available in the next couple of years to sign some key players and continue to build a team around.
- The form of Mbye and RFM has been extremely pleasing.
- The boardroom stuff is done, while the outcome may not have been pleasing to everyone, it is over - we need to let the new board govern and if they don't make significant improvements, they will be out as quickly as they were elected.
- We are very lucky we have a healthy Leagues Club, which props us up.
- We have a massive supporter base and in my opinion, the most passionate by far.

Now I'm sure there are many things going on behind closed doors, that I and everyone else on here are not privy to, that's business and that's what happens in the corporate world. I don't want to contribute to rumour/innuendo as I don't know all the facts, nor does anyone on here, so continuing to hypothesise that unpaid (or potentially unpaid) TPA's are the sole reason for this, is not healthy to continue to allude to at every opportunity.

If it comes out later that there is some smoke here, I for one will be very bitter toward Dib and it will show an attitude of ego/self promotion as opposed to putting the club's best interests at the forefront!

We on TK may not agree on everything, but what we do agree on is that we're all incredibly passionate about our club and we all want the same thing.

We all choose to just get to that conclusion differently.

Don't get me wrong, I'm as frustrated as everyone else, but I temper that with sound reasoning and also having a glass that's "half full" mentality, the majority of the time.
Well said baseball and everyone should take a page out of your book or something like that, we are all frustrated because we like seeing the dogs win but I still remember the dogs (berries) first game I ever saw in 1964 we lost 48 to 2 against North Sydney yet I'm still as passionate maybe more about my team as I ever was Go Doggies

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Well said baseball and everyone should take a page out of your book or something like that, we are all frustrated because we like seeing the dogs win but I still remember the dogs (berries) first game I ever saw in 1964 we lost 48 to 2 against North Sydney yet I'm still as passionate maybe more about my team as I ever was Go Doggies
I pretty sure 99% of doggie fans love the club and would not give up on them, but frustration does make you say things and give up hope.
But I would never stop supporting the dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.