Trial Team News Bulldogs VS Knights

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Okunbor should never be first choice winger, any half competent coach would put Naden on the other wing and go with someone else at centre.
Tempting to give Casey a fair dig at Okz spot.... he is a FB that knows how to read a game and it showed last night.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
BBO came on with 25 mins to go
Your right though he still didnt provide too much against jersey flegg side apart from some plays Lewis would be proud of.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Does our team for the sharks trial get released today?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Tempting to give Casey a fair dig at Okz spot.... he is a FB that knows how to read a game and it showed last night.
Size...Dufty, JAC and Casey is a tiny back 3.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Size...Dufty, JAC and Casey is a tiny back 3.
Yep agreed and thats been a big issue the last few years. Guys like Meaney, Montoya and Allan get smashed on the first 3 tackles and then we get pinned on our line.

Maybe we have to put up with an error (or 3) in order to keep Okonbur there for the extra yards.

Even though JAC is small he is still strong so with him and Okonbur yardage out of our own end shouldnt be a problem. Schoupp helps out there as well

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yep agreed and thats been a big issue the last few years. Guys like Meaney, Montoya and Allan get smashed on the first 3 tackles and then we get pinned on our line.

Maybe we have to put up with an error (or 3) in order to keep Okonbur there for the extra yards.

Even though JAC is small he is still strong so with him and Okonbur yardage out of our own end shouldnt be a problem. Schoupp helps out there as well
The obvious play has always been Naden on the wing, he's a better wingee and we need him there more than we do at centre. Burns and Schoupp is a solid enough centre pairing to start the season imo. JAC struggles against a set defence but he can be effective I'd he has the opportunity to get back in behind the ruck. Won't happen though.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The obvious play has always been Naden on the wing, he's a better wingee and we need him there more than we do at centre. Burns and Schoupp is a solid enough centre pairing to start the season imo. JAC struggles against a set defence but he can be effective I'd he has the opportunity to get back in behind the ruck. Won't happen though.
Yeah I forgot about Burns.

Also I wouldnt rule out Alamotti just yet in terms of featuring this year. He made some errors last night but he hasnt played much footy in the last 18 months. He is also a right side player. I reckon he will carve up NSW Cup and push for a spot later in the year

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Thats probably the reason Barrett has persisted with Okunsnore hoping he will morph into a Blake Ferguson type, but our bloke sits down to pee.
It's the only reason you persist with him, but at this stage he should never have been a starting winger. JAC/Naden sh

Also I wouldnt rule out Alamotti just yet in terms of featuring this year. He made some errors last night but he hasnt played much footy in the last 18 months. He is also a right side player. I reckon he will carve up NSW Cup and push for a spot later in the year
I agree Alamoti will play this year, just probably shouldn't start the year. I expect Baz to panic again and shuffle the team around like crazy only a month or so into the comp anyway.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

There is more to running up the ball effectively than just brute force.

Speed, footy smarts, elusiveness, positional play, understanding of the field or weather conditions, understanding of the tacklers abilities or deficiencies, knowing when to go into tackles upright or low to ground. All these can contribute to making good runs from your own end.

Of course, power is always a big attribute, but it can also be useless if youre not good at other parts.

Someone like Turbo tom and Tedesco arent really all that powerful (teddy is these days) but they are one of the most dangerous kick returners because of their ability to do the other things so well. Even papenhuyzen can be driven back in tackles sometimes, but will destroy defenses on most other times.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think so too. Im fact, having a disaster game was probably a good thing for him. Keeps him level headed and accepting of the coach thinking he needs more time before he gets a 1st grade crack.

Had he played a decent game, he may have become disillusioned if he didn't get promoted quickly.

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We need at least one of our back three to make big metres coming out of our own end but it really can’t be Okunbor he’s too much of a liability.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Might have to if he proves he aint developing... The kid had the whole preseason at 7 and then he dishes up that clueless shit. definitely aint doing himself any favours.
The anticipation of the line up is killing me. I’m gonna read 1-6 and be happy. Then I get to 7 and need antidepressants just to cope.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your right though he still didnt provide too much against jersey flegg side apart from some plays Lewis would be proud of.
That’s true but don’t forget bro he also played WITH jersey Flegg players too. He was doing it all on his own. Him, Cook and Max King.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We need at least one of our back three to make big metres coming out of our own end but it really can’t be Okunbor he’s too much of a liability.
Alamoti on a wing let’s try it