Trial Team News Bulldogs VS Knights

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Naden should end up on the wing but at this stage we're very thin, Okunbor as a starting winger is hardly something to be confident about when he still struggles with basic wing play. Burns as a centre would be okay but I wouldn't want him on the wing, Allan I don't even know what to think of anymore. We also need genuine power on the wing with JAC and Dufty being undersized.
Strong mail suggesting our next power winger, Nasheed, is still a year or two away…

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lume and Ok will do for 150k
I'm not a fan of Lumelume at this stage, good athlete but looks miles off being a reliable winger in our side. Okunbor still doesn't even know the basics of wing play but we need his size with our undersized back 3.

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Strong team will play first 20mins . Both teams will do this .
Burns will play next trial still not 100%
Lumelume is overseas with his fathers passing

starting round 1 looks like will be burns and Naden in centres .
I’d much rather Naden on a wing than in the centres with his inability to beat a player 1on1.
Here’s hoping Paul Alomati has a cracking trial game .

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

1645150982441.png

Bulldogs: Star recruit Matt Dufty dons the Bulldogs jersey for the first time in Newcastle and he'll be joined by his former Dragons team-mate Paul Vaughan and former Bronco-turned-Panther Tevita Pangai junior. The other new faces are Reece Hoffman (Wests Tigers), Max King (Storm) and Josh Cook (Rabbitohs) while superstars Josh Addo-Carr, Brent Naden and Matt Burton will be saved for another week.

Always a Bulldog

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The reserves will also get a go on the field won't they?
Surely everyone gets at least 20 mins on the field. I reckon a big bloke like Ava could do with decent minutes if he's in line for the FG bench. A few might drop back and play reserves too I reckon - maybe even play a bit of both.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Strong team will play first 20mins . Both teams will do this .
Burns will play next trial still not 100%
Lumelume is overseas with his fathers passing

starting round 1 looks like will be burns and Naden in centres .
I’d much rather Naden on a wing than in the centres with his inability to beat a player 1on1.
Here’s hoping Paul Alomati has a cracking trial game .
Burns is shit. Schoup should get first crack if he’s fit. We have plenty of time for Alamoti, he’s already signed and he’s young. Schoupps a beast. He could go alright at wing as well.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the first 13 will probably play max first half id say
The club website shows our reserve grade side is playing also against Newcastle at 4.45
Going by that almost every player will get a run.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Burns is shit. Schoup should get first crack if he’s fit. We have plenty of time for Alamoti, he’s already signed and he’s young. Schoupps a beast. He could go alright at wing as well.
Schoupp looks to be 4th choice centre atm.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The club website shows our reserve grade side is playing also against Newcastle at 4.45
Going by that almost every player will get a run.
copy, we have 2 reserve grade teams tho

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The young Canberra hooker goes alright, makes me hope cook can shine in trial cause we know what jmk offers.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The young Canberra hooker goes alright, makes me hope cook can shine in trial cause we know what jmk offers.
Who was our hooker from last year the school teacher that shone in a trial ….I can’t even remember his name now