24 Chris Vea'ila
25 Kobe Rugless
26 Jaron Purcell
27 Liam Wilkinson
28 Cooper Jenkins
29 Tim Johannssen
30 Ben Talty
31 Honeti Tuha
Love the balance of that forward pack, exactly how I was hoping we'd line up in round 1.

Can anyone provide the inside word on this Declan Casey dude? Any good? Who would you compare him to?

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We've got four out who can all play wing. Naden, jac, burns, Allen. I'm a bit surprised that Casey is in front of the two wingers named on bench.
Also add Lumelume to the list

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We've got four out who can all play wing. Naden, jac, burns, Allen. I'm a bit surprised that Casey is in front of the two wingers named on bench.
Naden should end up on the wing but at this stage we're very thin, Okunbor as a starting winger is hardly something to be confident about when he still struggles with basic wing play. Burns as a centre would be okay but I wouldn't want him on the wing, Allan I don't even know what to think of anymore. We also need genuine power on the wing with JAC and Dufty being undersized.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Far from it. He will be the heir apparent to Jacko.
If he is he would at least make the bench for a trial game :nomouth:. Not hating but we have to face that he isnt the player people are saying he is.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Love the balance of that forward pack, exactly how I was hoping we'd line up in round 1.

Can anyone provide the inside word on this Declan Casey dude? Any good? Who would you compare him to?
Declan Casey - was average in Flegg at fullback (occasional good pass) and was between ordinary and embarrassingly terrible in NSW Cup last year. Someone at the club must rate him - the fact he was originally signed (from Sharkies??) given a fulltime preseason to train and now selected in a fg trial. Hopefully does well.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't get the hate for Casey. From what i've seen, he has potential. He has a preseason (his first with top squad?) under his belt now, and may have improved enough to impress coach. That said, we have a few wingers out like others have said.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where's that fijian that plays in the halves at? Haven't heard anything about him lately. Think his name is Peni maybe. Edit: It's Penioni Tagituimua I was thinking of. Anyone know if he's still training?

Last edited:

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where's that fijian that plays in the halves at? Haven't heard anything about him lately. Think his name is Peni maybe. Edit: It's Penioni Tagituimua I was thinking of. Anyone know if he's still training?
His probley playing in the cup trial before hand

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Declan Casey - was average in Flegg at fullback (occasional good pass) and was between ordinary and embarrassingly terrible in NSW Cup last year. Someone at the club must rate him - the fact he was originally signed (from Sharkies??) given a fulltime preseason to train and now selected in a fg trial. Hopefully does well.
Well we have how many outside backs not playing this trial? Jac, naden, burns, lumelume, Allen. We don't have many other options, it doesn't mean he's the next player called up in NRL once the season starts.

It's mostly his hands are the issue from what I've seen. He is quick, agile and athletic but has some trouble under the high ball, especially when his confidence is down.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well we have how many outside backs not playing this trial? Jac, naden, burns, lumelume, Allen. We don't have many other options, it doesn't mean he's the next player called up in NRL once the season starts.

It's mostly his hands are the issue from what I've seen. He is quick, agile and athletic but has some trouble under the high ball, especially when his confidence is down.
Agree with all that - could be that the club sees more than what we supporters have seen - confidence can be a huge factor - as i said hope he goes well.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree with all that - could be that the club sees more than what we supporters have seen - confidence can be a huge factor - as i said hope he goes well.
Yeah mate, not having a dig at you by any means. I re-read it and see how it might come across that way. My bad!

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah mate, not having a dig at you by any means. I re-read it and see how it might come across that way. My bad!
All good - just opinions - just want it to be a good year for whoever wears the doggies jersey - even hope Flanagan proves most of us wrong - be good to go into games not believing that the only hope of being competitive is if the opposition has a bad day.

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Naden should end up on the wing but at this stage we're very thin, Okunbor as a starting winger is hardly something to be confident about when he still struggles with basic wing play. Burns as a centre would be okay but I wouldn't want him on the wing, Allan I don't even know what to think of anymore. We also need genuine power on the wing with JAC and Dufty being undersized.
Agree. A Nic Cotric type player sure would be handy...