• Sharks 13+

Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogs4EVA-1

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I wonder if Tracey will be battling Taaffe for the fullback spot or Xerri for a centre spot.
I like Tracey at Fullback.. But I also think Kiraz could be something at fullback, with his speed, footwork and strength.. I think Taafe is too small to play FB in particular with carrying out of his own end (which will happen a lot this year no doubt)..
1. Tracey/Kiraz
2. Kiraz/Wilson
3. Xerri
4. Critta
5. Foxx
6. Burto
7. BBO

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Hopefully every player will get a chance to effectively show their talents.

Up to them to bang the door down with quality performances and make it hard for a coach to not include them.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopefully every player will get a chance to effectively show their talents.

Up to them to bang the door down with quality performances and make it hard for a coach to not include them.
exactly that’s what I want from the boys. This year shows we have that crop of players who will need to continue playing good foooty or else someone will take your spot.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
BBO is tragically underrated and disrespected.. he's better than Hutcho and SEX-Bomb.. He's just never given a chance (and has been injured of course) but he's fit now, Hutch is so predictable.. get ball on right side, hit block runner.. same every play... BORING!!
What exactly has BBO done to be rated? Guy couldn't even get a regular spot in our struggling first grade team. Our NSW cup team were flying last year until he came back into the team during the finals.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Gus literally said it in his podcast yday “ready for round 1”
Excellent, but recuperation for bone bruising is notoriously difficult to predict.

And knees aren’t soft tissue
Trying to avoid getting into long winded explanation. Keeping it simple, apparently there are no broken bones, no displacement, no torn or detached ligaments and the meniscus is not damaged. While it's called "bone bruising", the bone itself is not damaged, the issue is the bone marrow and it's treated like a soft tissue injury, rest, ice and raising the leg to increase the blood flow.

Always a Bulldog

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i go back to our first trial where we had developed an opportunity on the right but probably needed more experience to take advantage.

Come this trial and we replace a player with 0 fg games in Eli Clark with probably the best centre in the game. if our structure creates those opportunities again I think we will see a different result.

adding Crichton to the right edge and Kiks and JAC to the left.... I think having Xerri between those two would do wonders for his game. Kiks loves to take a centre under his wing.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
i go back to our first trial where we had developed an opportunity on the right but probably needed more experience to take advantage.

Come this trial and we replace a player with 0 fg games in Eli Clark with probably the best centre in the game. if our structure creates those opportunities again I think we will see a different result.

adding Crichton to the right edge and Kiks and JAC to the left.... I think having Xerri between those two would do wonders for his game. Kiks loves to take a centre under his wing.
I thought Eli was vey good however you are right Crichton scores at least the try where Eli was held up claiming a try, which I think was a try fwiw. Probs scores one more. So thats 8-12 more first half points.

dogon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What exactly has BBO done to be rated? Guy couldn't even get a regular spot in our struggling first grade team. Our NSW cup team were flying last year until he came back into the team during the finals.
BBO came back long before the finals, he played the last 9 games & steered the NSWCup team to only one win.

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Oh good news then if Patolo could be an option for round 1. Maybe it meant he will need a good 8 or so weeks to return to Fg.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Oh good news then if Patolo could be an option for round 1. Maybe it meant he will need a good 8 or so weeks to return to Fg.
they'll play him in nsw cup for a few weeks to build up match fitness

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
My information is the most reliable on here mate hahah what you on about princess . Calm down I asked a question to my source and said when will patolo be back and he replied a good 8 weeks or so . He could’ve meant 8 weeks to Fg not Nsw cup .
I did not ask him the specific question .
On the other hand Ryan Sutton injury is lingering and could be nuisance all year for him . Might struggle to play Minutes this season .

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
BBO came back long before the finals, he played the last 9 games & steered the NSW Cup team to only one win.
BBO is one of player I'm keen to see tomorrow night. It's great to see players come back from such serious injuries. If anyone remember seeing it happen, it was pretty sickening.
Also keen to see Papalii and Kautoga again who should each get a few NRL runs this season.
Will watch Salmon a bit more closely after the positive comments last week.
If playmakers start running sideways again or can't convert good field position then it could be another long season.

Unless Gus kidnaps Travis Kelce. And his brother.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
My information is the most reliable on here mate hahah what you on about princess . Calm down I asked a question to my source and said when will patolo be back and he replied a good 8 weeks or so . He could’ve meant 8 weeks to Fg not Nsw cup .
On the other hand Ryan Sutton injury is lingering and could be nuisance all year for him . Might struggle to play Minutes this season .
Was the summary of Sutton's injury before or after his recent surgery ?

Micko

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So you don’t think that Crichton, Xerri, Kiraz, Skelton are “big strong runners”, interesting.

Of course JAC isn’t a “big strong runner” but he’s fast, faster than most. Are you including fullbacks in your “outside backs”? If you want to get into GF size comparisons Tracey is a bit taller and a bit lighter than Edwards and has Mascara Boy well covered in both. In comparison to the latter Taaffe is similar size. Of course Crichton was in the GF last year so he compares with himself.

Oh, I see, you said “back 3”, despite everyone else using back 5. It’s pretty obvious why you limited it to back 3, your point doesn’t make much sense when back 5 is the comparison.

Always a Bulldog
I was talking about the team selected. Taaffe, Wilson and JAC. All smaller and not big strong runners. It’s why I think Skelton should be on a wing or Kiraz if possible and Critta at fullback.

Maybe you missed the point. That if we carry a light forward pack it makes it hard to also carry a back five that aren’t likely to take strong carry’s.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Princess aye…. Not sure why you’re getting so defensive!

And what if your info on Sutton is wrong too & plays a lot of minutes this season be it in Reggie’s or 1st’s?

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Princess aye…. Not sure why you’re getting so defensive!

And what if your info on Sutton is wrong too & plays a lot of minutes this season be it in Reggie’s or 1st’s?
Then it’s fine haha . I just said from what I’ve heard . Hopefully I’m wrong and they both are ready by round 1 .

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I was talking about the team selected. Taaffe, Wilson and JAC. All smaller and not big strong runners. It’s why I think Skelton should be on a wing or Kiraz if possible and Critta at fullback.

Maybe you missed the point. That if we carry a light forward pack it makes it hard to also carry a back five that aren’t likely to take strong carry’s.
Well at least I got you to recognise that it's back 5 not back 3.

Always a Bulldog

Status
Not open for further replies.