Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
IMG_3843.jpeg

BULLDOGS

1. Blake Taaffe 2. Blake Wilson 3. Bronson Xerri 4. Stephen Crichton 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Matt Burton 7. Drew Hutchison 8. Max King 9. Reed Mahoney 10. Poasa Faamausili 11. Viliame Kikau 12. Jacob Preston 13. Jaeman Salmon 14. Kurt Mann 15. Samuel Hughes 16. Josh Curran 17. Kurtis Morrin 19. Kitione Kautoga 20. Eli Clark 21. Toby Sexton 22. Jeral Skelton 23. Joash Papali'i 24. Bailey Hayward 25. Bailey Biondi-odo 25. Kade Dykes 26. Chris Vea'ila

SHARKS:

1. William Kennedy 2. Sione Katoa 3. Jesse Ramien 4. Siosifa Talakai 5. Ronaldo Mulitalo 6. Braydon Trindall 7. Nicho Hynes 8. Oregon Kaufusi 9. Blayke Brailey 10. Royce Hunt 11. Briton Nikora 12. Teig Wilton 13. Cameron McInnes 14. Jack Williams 15. Jesse Colquhoun 16. Toby Rudolf 17. Thomas Hazelton 18. Tuku Hau Tapuha 19. Mawene Hiroti 20. Kayal Iro 21. Billy Burns 22. Daniel Atkinson 23. Jayden Berrell 24. Niwhai Puru

Canterbury fans are in for a thrilling double-header at Belmore Sports Ground this Friday evening, as the Rabbitohs first take the field against the Roosters at 6pm before the locals rise to challenge Cronulla at 8pm.

After a convincing win over the Melbourne Storm in Round 1 of the NRL's Pre-Season Challenge, Head Coach Cameron Ciraldo has called on some big names to test the squad's strength against a formidable Sharks side in Round 2.

Indigenous All Stars champions, Josh Addo-Carr, Josh Curran and Bailey Biondi-Odo return to the squad this week while marquee recruit Stephen Crichton will play his first game in Canterbury colours.

Drew Hutchison has held down his starting position alongside Matt Burton in the halves. Viliame Kikau also makes a start to his 2024 campaign and keep an eye out for Kurt Mann, who, alongside Curran, will make his Bulldogs debut from the bench.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I've been on the Taffe train all pre-season, but I've finally realised Crichton is too good to not try at Fullback first.

Give him 6 weeks and if it's not working, bring in Taffe.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Expect both sides to start with near full strength sides. Last year we were losing 18-4 at halftime and ended up losing 36-16. A marked improvement from us is expected

Predicted line up

1. Taffe
2. Kiraz
3. Crichton
4. Xerri
5. JAC
6. Burton
7. Sexton
8. King
9. Mahoney
10. Hughes
11. Kikau
12. Preston
13. Curran
Got a feeling Kiraz wont play. Hopefully he'll be right for rd 1, but they won't want to risk him. It will give us a chance to see Xerri again at least. Also I feel like Wilson (with Kiraz centre) still has the edge over Xerri for a starting spot.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hoping the sharkies put out a stronger side than the storm did. Would like to see a better test for our team
I'd be surprised if they weren't close to full strength for the first half at least

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'd be surprised if they weren't close to full strength for the first half at least
Yeah I expect all the teams besides the LV 4 to start with their best teams possible as long as the player is 100%. They wont risk anyone.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Got a feeling Kiraz wont play. Hopefully he'll be right for rd 1, but they won't want to risk him. It will give us a chance to see Xerri again at least. Also I feel like Wilson (with Kiraz centre) still has the edge over Xerri for a starting spot.
If Kiraz is injured would love to see Skelton to be given a chance but you're probably right, Wilson will be picked (if Kiraz is injured)

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah I expect all the teams besides the LV 4 to start with their best teams possible as long as the player is 100%. They wont risk anyone.
It's an important trial to a degree, because we play them in round 2.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If Kiraz is injured would love to see Skelton to be given a chance but you're probably right, Wilson will be picked (if Kiraz is injured)
I think it's clear Wilson is ahead of Skelton in the pecking order. Skelton is proper rocks and diamonds - capable of doing some great things, but as we saw on the weekend, also very capable of making mistakes and then not backing it up in defense.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can’t see anything other than a sharks victory. Have had the wood on us for a while it seems. Hopefully Nicho plays, as our defence needs a big test. He has carved us up last couple games. Again I just wanna see competitiveness from the side. Can’t handle another year of getting pumped by top 8 teams.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ciraldo would have to be stupid not to start him. Xerri's issue isn't fitness, it's match fitness. No point begging him of game time for someone else in a trial game.
I was a bit pessimistic about Xerri's return, I thought his lack of game time would be quite telling but to my surprise he actually did quite well albeit against a reserve storm team. Maybe give him time in the trials next week against a Sharks team who will hopefully field their strongest team so we get better indication on what level he's at.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Xerri's advantage were his tackle 2 hard runs. The hard yards he makes will be extra important this year with our smaller forward pack. That may make it harder for CC to say no..

Oh and I didn't vote because result doesn't matter, especially full game result.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The Xerri hard ons FFS..

Kiraz and Critta will be ur centers, JAC and Wilso your wingers.
Yeah he's being way overrated right now.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It's an important trial to a degree, because we play them in round 2.
Not really. Sharks wont be trying anywhere near their best.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can’t see anything other than a sharks victory. Have had the wood on us for a while it seems. Hopefully Nicho plays, as our defence needs a big test. He has carved us up last couple games. Again I just wanna see competitiveness from the side. Can’t handle another year of getting pumped by top 8 teams.
me too from last week, what I saw finally was a side that worked together as a unit. No one was trying to deviate out of the line. It was all together as one and it showed. What we will lack which we won’t see till round 1 is how we go as a 80 minute team.

this weeks trial will be a massive test, considering they got smacked by knights, probably has Fritz laying down the go against us. For the sake of seeing us do well, I hope we don’t clock off. Just defend and the rest will follow.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nico is so overrated good player but not the way people carry on about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.