Trial and I’m worried

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes it was only a trial
Yes it was the first time most of our backline play together
Yes we can improve
But what I’m worried about is the lack of improvement in any department across the park. We still don’t look strong, we look weak and get dominated up front. How are we meant to compete when a sharks forward pack missing a few players also completely embarrassed us.

Look, you have guys on here saying it’s early bla bla bla, but I did not see one bit of improvement. Besides the one attacking play we made and burton looking crisp off a Avo ball we did fuck all again. Same stupid mistakes, brain farts, penalties etc etc etc… if we don’t somehow turn things around in a massive way then I can see every team in the comp smashing us again this season.

Baz has to be watching his back surly! I don’t think gus is going to accept mediocre with a roster like we have. You watch Baz in the dressing room addressing the players and I just see a coach talking to a mate, on another hand, furner should have never gotten another year. Our toughness is non existent and he is a big part of our defence!

For once I’m dumbfounded on what needs to be fixed. It’s a bloody mess, I just can’t do another 2020-2021!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I am also speechless even though I do have alot to say about certain things.

I did not believe we would be seeing the same disjointed style from years past. The excitement with signings, the new era, the new year. And already complete disappointment had set in and not even game 1.

very disheartening.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The leadership is non existent across the club. I know I’ll get hammered for this but Jackson needs to go. He is our leader but doesn’t lead by example. He leads with ill discipline and everyone follows that lead.

The coaching staff clearly don’t demand respect. Because the players don’t give it.

We look tired and not fit again. It’s a lack of fitness that is the cause of a lot of the errors.

I think our only chance is to focus on a really simple game plan. Play players in their best positions. E.g TPJ cannot handle the edge roll. He needs to play as a middle.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The stupid thing is Baz gets interviewed says the exact same things we say but then the team runs out the following week doing the same shit. If that doesn’t scream players are not listening or have any respect for the coach then nothing does.

dave123

Waterboy
Reaction score
Yes it was only a trial
Yes we can improve
But what I’m worried about is the lack of improvement in any department across the park. We still don’t look strong, we look weak and get dominated up front. How are we meant to compete when a sharks forward pack missing a few players also completely embarrassed us.

Look, you have guys on here saying it’s early bla bla bla, but I did not see one bit of improvement. Besides the one attacking play we made and burton looking crisp off a Avo ball we did fuck all again. Same stupid mistakes, brain farts, penalties etc etc etc… if we don’t somehow turn things around in a massive way then I can see every team in the comp smashing us again this season.

Baz has to be watching his back surly! I don’t think gus is going to accept mediocre with a roster like we have. You watch Baz in the dressing room addressing the players and I just see a coach talking to a mate, on another hand, furner should have never gotten another year. Our toughness is non existent and he is a big part of our defence!

For once I’m dumbfounded on what needs to be fixed. It’s a bloody mess, I just can’t do another 2020-2021!
Bottom 3 new players same mistakes and they don’t look like they know what to do

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes it was only a trial
Yes we can improve

and what if it is another bad season..ie we finish 15th..what are you going to do?

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The leadership is non existent across the club. I know I’ll get hammered for this but Jackson needs to go. He is our leader but doesn’t lead by example. He leads with ill discipline and everyone follows that lead.

The coaching staff clearly don’t demand respect. Because the players don’t give it.

We look tired and not fit again. It’s a lack of fitness that is the cause of a lot of the errors.

I think our only chance is to focus on a really simple game plan. Play players in their best positions. E.g TPJ cannot handle the edge roll. He needs to play as a middle.
100% correct on Jackson, he's been the leader of a struggling bulldogs side for many years now ... he's not the type of player that will inspire the young guys or lift the team when we need it.
It's time for a fresh start with a new captain that will lead by example and say to the boys follow me...

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Truth is we are not going to be competitive this year with a spine of:
1 Dufty
6 Burton (<10 first grade games in position)
7 ?
9 JMK

2023 we will be looking better but we still need a halfback:
1 Dufty (if he re-signs)
6 Burton (30+ first grade games in position)
7 ?
9 Mahoney

The top teams all have rep players or their backups in these key positions, until that happens we aren’t making the finals let alone winning a comp.

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We could always put a pig up the other end and then watch the barsteds bust a gut to get to our try line.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The biggest disappointment for me, and probably the thing that is going to take more time to fix is the way the forwards get dominated, with and without the ball - is it condition, strength, technique - a combination of all?

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The biggest disappointment for me, and probably the thing that is going to take more time to fix is the way the forwards get dominated, with and without the ball - is it condition, strength, technique - a combination of all?

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I thought we were good for the first period, every one of our forwards were ripping in, then we fell apart.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought we were good for the first period, every one of our forwards were ripping in, then we fell apart.
I agree but after First 20 minutes or so the sharkies had complete control - lack of possession obviously had an effect but still the lack of resilince in the middle was disappointing.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Still no runs off the back fence. Though Thommo did a few...but nothing to the same effectiveness of half of Nulla forwards.