Trent Hodkinson Ruled Out For Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I guess Reynolds gets a chance to prove he can remain composed and steer the team around.
I have my doubts, as do many, but only he can change the perception people have of him.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What happens if he does win it. What wil you do?
Celebrate a grand final win...what else would i do? Lol. If any Dogs player is going to win the churchill it will be Frank or Klemmer.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
It's all confirmed via Triple M.

A guy who gave his heart and soul to the club.

Thanks for the memories Hokko, time to find a halfback for next year Des.
We have been missing one for over 18 months.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Mbye Reynolds Cook. All out attack!
Hokko is a great defender, if the others can cover that, we will be sweet

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Very sad way to possibly end his career at the Dogs.
At least his memory will bea top pass that set up a try. It wiil be very tough on him missing the finals but it was a bloody good "last thing to do".

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't like to see any of our players end their time with the club with injury. Wasn't good with Price, Ennis and now Hodkinson.

Tbh when Trent sorted out his contract issues he was able to concentrate on footy and has been good (not setting the world on fire but better than the first half of the season).

I'll be hoping for the best with Reynolds/Mbye but feel our best chance for a title is with Moses and Trent.

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big loss. We lose:

1. One of our best fringe defenders
2. A more consistent kicking game
3. A player capable of closing out a game. Very valuable in semi final footy
4. Our best goal kicker
5. A great organiser

Hodko was playing with confidence. Was taking on the line and showing great vision with more try assists.

Neither Reynolds or Mbye play the traditional half back role. They are also both very hot and cold. Reynolds will also be a little underdone coming off an injury.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out. Past performances of Reynolds and Mbye don't instil total confidence.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You don't see my point. Im not saying he has been bad, he has been great and has made me look very stupid lately. But my point still stands about him not working hard enough and making the tough runs. He relies on the other forwards to make the tough yards so he can run wide at smaller blokes and throw some balls around. He rarely ever cracks the 100m mark and last night he only made 17m in the first half.
I get what you are saying but I don't think Kas is really there to fulfil that gritty, workhorse's role. He's not the sort of player who will run 100 metres regularly, he's there for his skills, size and impact. We do have a lot of those gritty type, hard workers and most of them have some pretty sublime skills of their own. But Kas hits like a truck at times, tramples defensive lines and he has freakish abilities. I think its about quality rather than quantity with Kas. I never expect huge individual stats in the tackles or metres column but he Kan be very inconsistent. When he's playing like this, he's absolute gold.

Anyway, weighing up his strengths and weaknesses, I think he's a pretty unique player and brings some skills and attributes to our team that are invaluable. He's far from perfect but I am damn happy to have him at the club.

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big loss. We lose:

4. Our best goal kicker
5. A great organiser

Hodko was playing with confidence. Was taking on the line and showing great vision with more try assists.

Neither Reynolds or Mbye play the traditional half back role. They are also both very hot and cold. Reynolds will also be a little underdone coming off an injury.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out. Past performances of Reynolds and Mbye don't instil total confidence.
1. Yes
2. Shocking kicking game along with Moses (Moses does have a decent grubbers 10m out from the goal line, but that's it)
3. If your referring to field goals than yes, though Mbye and Reynolds have kicked plenty of clutch field goals
4. Yes
5. Can organise defence well but cannot organise a 5th tackle kick/polish for the life of him

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Big loss. We lose:

4. Our best goal kicker
5. A great organiser

... what they said.

I'm so depressed.
Imma go take a dump.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yep that's Raymond.

Goes to games.
Goes to Footy Show.

Even been on Embarrassing Bodies .... anyone else unlucky enough to see what he was on for ?!?!?!?
He will do anything to get on tv lol.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thankfully we've had depth this year otherwise out season would be already over.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You don't see my point. Im not saying he has been bad, he has been great and has made me look very stupid lately. But my point still stands about him not working hard enough and making the tough runs. He relies on the other forwards to make the tough yards so he can run wide at smaller blokes and throw some balls around. He rarely ever cracks the 100m mark and last night he only made 17m in the first half.
Ever stop to think that the blokes doing the role that his been given? And its working... 3 mom in a row and your still talking shit, lol at perret being raw he will never be anywhere near as valuable as kas is to a side.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs can confirm that halfback Trent Hodkinson will miss the remainder of the season due to a wrist injury suffered in the 20-18 victory over the Newcastle Knights yesterday.

Hodkinson suffered the injury in the first half of the match and scans this morning revealed a dislocation of a bone in his wrist, with minor surgery required.

Status
Not open for further replies.