Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Haha last year I think you said we were no chance of going anywhere in the finals with our existing spine and we made the grand final (which we may have even won if not for key injuries.) earlier this yearany of us were saying we couldn't win WITH Hodko. I'm not saying you have a bad footy brain or regularly make predictions like that, but there's no such thing as an absolute truth in footy until the game has been played. That's all I'm saying. I do think losing Hodko.in his current form is a big blow. I just think making absolute predictions like we can't is a risky business in footy. I think our chances take a blow with no Hodko, but I don't think they are completely flushed down the can.

Not meaning to rubbish your opinions man. Just having a light hearted dig at you and trying to maintain my optimism
Okay ill give you the first point lol..though i never side we couldn't win with Hodko..i said he was playing so shit and was completely useless that id rather Josh play halfback instead of him.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Okay ill give you the first point lol..though i never side we couldn't win with Hodko..i said he was playing so shit and was completely useless that id rather Josh play halfback instead of him.
Haha yeah fair call. I may have taken you out of context/ misquoted you a bit on that second point.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Am I the only one that is still confident with or without Hokko?

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He will be fine, this time of year it would take a break or fracture to keep a player out, even Frankie's playing with some sort of fracture in his ribs, its the end of the season so he will be needled up in the finals same way Mitchel pearce will, pearce injury is worse then hodkos and he will be back wk 1 they reckon. Needles do the trick in September but if not I think Jr will take it upon himself to do his best, that's all we can ask of him. Mybe looked lost without a partner tonight, not a good sign. Shows he's not an organiser so even if hodko is out there as a passenger and organising and kicking it will be a big help. I think this also means Jr will definitely be on the bench if hodko plays as precaution so des mind has been made up for him, Jr must be on the bench now if hodko plays, no choice really

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hodkinson as unbelievable as it is, is key to us making a premiership push. We sorely missed his kicks as soon as he came off, Mbye can't kick for sh!t. Also hope this injury of his won't force him back into a shell

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hodko does play like shit when he plays injured but same as Franky its there last chance in the blue and white so hodko will give it all his got on the field this yr if he's playing injured

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imo I think we could use Reynolds big time on the bench as a roaming utility without him replacing cook or any of the halves so hodko if he plays injured will force hasler to have Reynolds on the bench as precaution and he might be the spark we need if we are down in a finals game, this might be a good thing des needing Reynolds on the bench. Imo he will step up this time and not implode

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reynolds back is a huge plus.

If Hodko returns back this year, Renolds will be at 6 and Hodko will be at 7.

Mbye has potential no doubt though currently Reynolds/Hodko are currently our best pairing

Cook has been splendid and will be a very key player this September

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They said ligament damage but it's still probably really bad.

Reynolds to conveniently return from 'injury' next week
He was already expected back around then, your inverted commas suggest a greater conspiracy that is not there

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We finally got to see the speed of cook, wow!! Mamo is the fastest in there club and he made him look like a turtle, nobody else but cook or bmoz would have scored that try no chance, definitely not lichaa lolll

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am I the only one that is still confident with or without Hokko?
Nope. I think we'll be fine. I actually think Cook has brought some spark out of dummy half which will benefit the halves. As soon as the opposition actually needs to think about what may happen that's an added advantage that I think sometimes we've lacked i.e we've been predictable.

The short answer to your question is no you're not the only one. I think we'll be fine as well

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Things were looking up, but lets be honest we are cursed this season... Hokko and Frank were suppose to have their big farewell home games next week... Well not anymore.... I like Reynolds but we need Hodkinson if we are going to win this comp. Our kicking game was rat shit in the second half tonight. Knights were let back in the game because Moses kicked it out on the full gifting field possession.

Belmorian

Waterboy
Reaction score
It didnt look like much to be honest.

He may be gone for a 2-3 max, if it was fractured we would of known by now...He would of been in agony as well, looks like a stretch of the ligaments not much else. I reckon hell be fine 1st week of the finals.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
He was already expected back around then, your inverted commas suggest a greater conspiracy that is not there
Basically I'm pointing out that his injury would have likely been extended if this didn't happen (if it hasn't been already) as multiple people from the club said we couldn't keep carrying a half on the bench.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Things were looking up, but lets be honest we are cursed this season... Hokko and Frank were suppose to have their big farewell home games next week... Well not anymore.... I like Reynolds but we need Hodkinson if we are going to win this comp. Our kicking game was rat shit in the second half tonight. Knights were let back in the game because Moses kicked it out on the full gifting field possession.
We'll get a home final anyway so they should still get a farewell game.

Status
Not open for further replies.