Trent Hodkinson must be dropped/sacked immediately

Status
Not open for further replies.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I was too afraid to say this, Mbye's 5th tackle options were just as poor. But he still outplayed Hokko, but I think people need to realise Mbye has A-LOT of work to do. He was looking just as bad in attack before Reynolds came on...
I was too afraid to say this, Mbye's 5th tackle options were just as poor. But he still outplayed Hokko, but I think people need to realise Mbye has A-LOT of work to do. He was looking just as bad in attack before Reynolds came on...
Yeh definitely agree. Defensively he needs a bit or work and his kicking game does too. Had a few poor kicks whether it was chip to the opposition 20 meters out (no pressure was put on them to catch the ball or run it out) or long clearing kicks that were shanked and went directly to the opposition. But in saying that his running and passing game is better then hokko and it seems he has a bit of speed too.

He is only 21 so he is still a pup and can develop into an elite player. At 21 Ben hunt wasn't really a superstar and now he is potentially the second best half in the game. Same goes for a few other halves when they first started out. It took 2-3 years to find their feet and mbye has only played I think 11 or 12 games as a starting half in first grade.

I have been a hodkinson supporter for a while. I was always thinking maybe this game he will fire. But with the form of Reynolds and mbye you can't really start him anymore. Would be crazy for the club to sign him (gut feeling is they might offer him a 2 year contract just for the sake of it) which on current form will be disastrous for the team.

lafai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh look Mbye is not a superstar right now so lets bag him too.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't want Hokko in the team but man I feel sorry for the guy. Copping it from everywhere, Vossy on NZ radio bagging him, Triple M bagging him, Telecrap and his own fans lol. I was screaming for him to be subbed but man I still feel really sorry for him.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't want Hokko in the team but man I feel sorry for the guy. Copping it from everywhere, Vossy on NZ radio bagging him, Triple M bagging him, Telecrap and his own fans lol. I was screaming for him to be subbed but man I still feel really sorry for him.
I encouraged him at the game..

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
Did anyone hear Des say that he only ran with 3 halves because he was worried about Lafai getting through the game? Sounded like a bit of bs to me...
He did say it.

BUT i think he is just playing games with the media.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
this is exactly what he needs to hear ..His teammates talk him up way too much, his coach picks him as a starting player, Laurie picks him as the NSW halfback..

.it's made him delusional ..

I'm pretty sure he's read this stuff before but he quickly dismisses it as garbage because he's riding on the coat tails of his credentials,
his wife is probably saying 'don't worry about it love , you know you're the best
now let's go get a haircut.

problem is if we get rid of him he is the best defensive halfback in the game ,has the coolest conposure and if he tweeks his kicking game ( which is only a moderate adjustment) can be the best halfback in the game

I think the reality struck him when he was benched in the 60th minute, so I dont think hokko is delusional any more.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
From what I saw Lichaa kept ignoring Hodkinson calls for the ball and kept giving it to Mbye.

I noticed yesterday Lichaa and Hodkinson didn't even shake each others hand after the game which was interesting.
He is most likely sick of making 50-60 tackles a game busting his guts while Hodkinson continually dishes up trash.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
From what I saw Lichaa kept ignoring Hodkinson calls for the ball and kept giving it to Mbye.

I noticed yesterday Lichaa and Hodkinson didn't even shake each others hand after the game which was interesting.
Are you going to cry about it as usual?

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Pretty sure that even if Hodkinson got the ball he wouldn't do anything with it. Lichaa has been busting his arse for us since he's joined us and in some games so have our forwards, again i'll bring back the previous Dragons game where we had 41 tackles in the opposition 20 and came up with nothing from our halves. You keep attempting to put Mbye and Hodkinson on level pegging but despite the fact that Mbye hasn't had the best long kicks he trounces Hodkinson in every department except for tackling and he's an actual half.

Fact is Mbye is at the moment ten times the player Hodkinson is

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Good he clearly knows that getting to Mbye leads to something not a momentum kill and useless sideways movement/passes.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

I don't blame him.

Pass to someone who will do something with the ball, rather than drop it or just catch and pass.

J

JonesBarry

from what you saw??
Hodkinson never calls for the ball, thats why he didnt get the ball in SOO. he just stands there and does fuk all.
Mybe takes contol and calls for the ball, takes control like a half is supposed too.
when reynolds came on he saw plenty of ball from Lichaa, Reynolds took control off the ruck and not off the forwards like hodkinson did once again.
just seems like another poor excuse of yours for your lover.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
on a side note: Daily telecrap at its lowest again. when the guy is already down in confidence how can you dedicate the whole back page on him beingon the bench and kick hokko in the guts when he is already down. fcken scums!
BS its deserved when an origin half is benched a week before Origin, its the biggest news in the game scrublord

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
BS its deserved when an origin half is benched a week before Origin, its the biggest news in the game scrublord
every one knows his form has been shiit, yo dont have to be an Einstein to know about it nor you need to rub it in when he has been benched for his club game dope.

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
every one knows his form has been shiit, yo dont have to be an Einstein to know about it nor you need to rub it in when he has been benched for his club game dope.
I don't get it ,you talk about his form like he was a superstar for kicking a field goal like wtf had he done please tell me what I have missed ??.People get confused sometimes and rate him so high up they think his a cronk ,please his always been shit and always will be .so please don't ever talk on form with him ,injury or no injury he is still a passenger and never will be a leader ,SIMPLE FACT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.