Trent Hodkinson: England Or Bust (RLW Article)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree hope he finds a club and plays well

but who will take him? Titans dont seem to be interested and no one else seems to be taking the risk

He would have to really drop his asking price by half to be honest for some one to get him as a back up player.

This is not a dig at hokko. i am asking a serious question. if not titans then which team will be willing to pay him more than 500 k for hokko?

lafai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol at the article saying Hodkinson is solid

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Feel bad for the guy. I don't think it will happen but what if he wins another series in SOO, surely he would get picked up by someone? Maybe he is asking for a lot because he knows he doesn't have much left in his knees? Anyway good luck to him, I hope he gets a gig in Aussie.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Foran and Hodko back at the Eels? Interesting?

This article is just rehashed from comments on here.

Big Nick

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the bit in the article where it says Mbye likes the fans.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
one wonders how any player can stay loyal when you can be discarded in an instant.

i've been calling for his head for a while now, so i guess i'm a hypocrite.
Pretty sure if Hodkinson wasn't trying to bully his way to a massive contract, it wouldn't be as bad as this.

I still have absolutely no clue how he can believe himself to be worth anything more than 200K given the performances he has dished up. Noone short of bulldogs_fan would sign him for ridiculous amounts

KelpiesHuskies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
maybe hodko should have been a little realistic in his asking price.

good luck to him in england.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Might find himself in Qld cup again LOL.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Truly mate, the market for half backs is hotter than it has been for some time and he STILL can't get a gig at any price. He's done.
Well, this pretty much says it all mate. Feel for the guy and hope he finds somewhere to go, but unless he is paid massive overs it will not be at his asking price.

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Article puts Turvey in between a rock and a hard place.The article states that Mortimer wants him retained but his quotes don't necessarily suggest that.
Open quote;
'Still, Bulldogs legend Steve Mortimer believes the club should retain Hodkinson.
"He's cool,calm and collected and has won the club plenty of games over the last couple of seasons", the former half back says. "He has a good attitude and still has plenty to offer."
Meanwhile, Mbye is still under contract'....

Where did he openly quote he should be retained??

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Is he still eligible for England after playing for the blues? He is yet to play for Australia so I don't see why not!

Kayser

Kennel Established
Reaction score
what if he couldnt find a gig in uk?

would he be playing nsw cup as dogs have withdrawn their offer?
I think he was playing for Sunshine Coast in QLD cup when Manly signed him, although I'm not sure. If that's the case, he'll probably end up back there. Although his manager might try Japanese or French rugby first for the pay cheque.

ek999

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No Sunshine Coast were Manly's feeder team back then and they didn't compete in the NSW Cup. Raiders were the same but with Souths Logan. NSWRL cracked the shits and complained and they were banned from having a Qld Cup team

Malpass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I actually thought Hodkinson and Moses played well together earlier in the season. There was talk Des was shopping Reynolds around.I know Reynolds and Moses played well against the raiders but I tend to agree with ABC radio that called the titans game that Reynolds should have stepped up and taken more control and directed the team instead of leaving it upto Moses.They were critical of his performance, Clinton Schifcofske said he should have done more given his is now a seasoned first grader,he was expecting him to set up every play but just involve himself a bit more

So maybe a calming influence like Hodkinson would gel more with Moses in the havles , can play either in each position than having Moses and Reynolds both in the havles. I wouldn't want to see Moses burden by goal kicking duties at this early stage of his career.

Anyway time will tell

Malpass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Meant to say ''he wasn't expecting him to set up every play'' or be the match winner

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
but who will take him? Titans dont seem to be interested and no one else seems to be taking the risk

He would have to really drop his asking price by half to be honest for some one to get him as a back up player.

This is not a dig at hokko. i am asking a serious question. if not titans then which team will be willing to pay him more than 500 k for hokko?
the local bankstown sports club or stjohns is looking for a halfback before june 30 in the a grade comp
maybe his manager should be speaking to those presidents asap before they too find someone else

we will never win a comp with him at 7

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Wait until Reynolds and Mbye have actually got some time in the halves together before we start talking about if they lack leadership.

At the moment it's too early to tell.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
if moses and josh had our origin players and jammer there on sunday arvo we win by 30
if trent was there with same side we win by 2-4

just wait til moses and josh have 3-4 games with hopefully a full strength side plus jammer and watch them fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.