Trent Hodkinson - 2012 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hasler will have KK playing better than Hodko and really stepping up to task with 4-5 more games under his belt, you wait and see. Hodko will have to work hard esp on fitness to get back in, it will be a long break and some confidence will have been lost - look at Morris last year
Once Hodkinson is fit and ready, he will be back in the first grade squad....

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Hasler will have KK playing better than Hodko and really stepping up to task with 4-5 more games under his belt, you wait and see. Hodko will have to work hard esp on fitness to get back in, it will be a long break and some confidence will have been lost - look at Morris last year
I don't quite understand this tbh,

Hasler's is a coach, he influences the teams performance, attitude, fitness perhaps even the skill set of an Under 20s player but how exactly does he make an experienced player better ?

It's not like he's going to teach him something he doesn't already know ...

"Ohhhhh this whole time I was kicking from the outside of my foot dag napet"

I hope I'm wrong but without Hodkinson, we are going to have to rely on our defense to grind wins. Some Barba magic and offloads from the forwards at the line IMO

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Basically all I'm saying is, Keating is a solid back up player. But he doesn't have the tools for the job, Hasler's can't give them to him

Same thing goes for Wright, "he's solid, he's solid" I get it, but he's just like every other FGer we've had over the years that's played 30-50 games for us ... Good but not good enough, invest your time and efforts for more than just solid players IMO

Keating will have to do for now, but I wouldn't put any money on us in the interim

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
fmd!!!...another 5 weeks of keating grrrr....when you think things cant get worse lol

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Another 5 weeks with Keating?!

Bring in Moses Mbye! :p

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

That reminds me - off topic for the Hodko thread, but how's Mbye gone so far this year?

I went out to Penrith for the U20s origin the other night and he played at Hooker when he came on. Didn't do much right or wrong - barely noticed him in fact.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score

Reynolds to develop an accurate kicking game tomorrow, if Anasta can bomb so can we, just gotta get underneath it.

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reynolds to develop an accurate kicking game tomorrow, if Anasta can bomb so can we, just gotta get underneath it.
The fact we don't bomb often gives me the s****. Anything can happen with a bomb, so why not try it once in a while. I also agree with chasing after the kick, need to keep it constant.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The fact we don't bomb often gives me the s****. Anything can happen with a bomb, so why not try it once in a while. I also agree with chasing after the kick, need to keep it constant.
That's where I see we do not do too well, we put up a bomb, we have chasers but we do not challenge very well.

We do not even defend very well under the high ball either because some players in our team will not put their body on the line and we already know who they are.

GRKDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Spoke to him today at the zoom carwash charity event. His going well expect to see him back in 2 or 3 weeks if all goes to plan

GRKDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah was telling him that we have been missing him in the side sine he was been out and didn't realise Keating was right behind me! Ooops

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
I think with him in the team, We wouldve won against both Melbourne & Manly

Status
Not open for further replies.