Official Trent Barrett Mid-Week Press Conference | Round 4 v Rabbitohs

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There isnt that's the problem.
We're just going to have to deal with it this year.
People thinking that Lewis will play the same way in the Nrl like he does in Nsw cup are going to be disappointed.
No but you reward good performances. Thats how it works. If you watched the game you would know that a lot of that canberra reserves side are NRL players. Hors, CHN, Dunamis Lui, Emre Guler, Frawley (lol), Sam Williams, Caleb Aekins, Tom Starling and Semi Valemei. I wasn't a fan of Lewis last year by he steered Mounties (no names) to a 34-10 win over that side. Credit where credit is due.

Last edited:

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Trent looks stressed and down..I feel for him,

I really don't think Trent or anyone at the bulldogs anticipated this start to the season, I really think
the coaches and players thought that they would be competitive with the majority of teams. I also think they imagined themselves to be playing differently in terms of style and attack.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No but you reward good performances. Thats how it works. If you watched the game you would know that a lot of that canberra reserves side are NRL players. Hors, CHN, Dunamis Lui, Emre Guler, Frawley (lol), Sam Williams, Caleb Aekins, Tom Starling and Semi Valemei. I wasn't a fan of Lewis last year by he steered Mounties (no names) to a 34-10 wiut over that side. Credit where credit is due.
Like i said we dont have a choice.
Mounties forwards ran all over them

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's a young team. Up against Souths, even an experienced side will have trouble. All we can hope for is to see some improvement, and hope the score doesn't blow out by too much.

If we just conceded, that would really help our for and against.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trent looks stressed and down..I feel for him,

I really don't think Trent or anyone at the bulldogs anticipated this start to the season, I really think
the coaches and players thought that they would be competitive with the majority of teams. I also think they imagined themselves to be playing differently in terms of style and attack.
I said in a post early this year,that there will be improvement this year,we signed some decent players,but we were coming of a pretty low base,I still believe the club is heading in the right direction,there will be more pain,but in the long term,I see a bright future,and I’ll be out there on Friday supporting the dogs as usual.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn't make sense does it? Laurie is a natural fullback who beats the first man most of the time. You'd think Baz would have seen first hand what he could do. I wish he held Laurie in the same regard he holds Hetherington.
Yes if only we could have got a decent fast (unlike Allan) fullback with a step (unlike Meaney). Laurie can also play 5/8 I read so he must have a decent passing game too (unlike Meaney). He would have come cheaper too than Allan FFS

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yes if only we could have got a decent fast (unlike Allan) fullback with a step (unlike Meaney). Laurie can also play 5/8 I read so he must have a decent passing game too (unlike Meaney). He would have come cheaper too than Allan FFS
Panthers want trades for their players. Tigers gave Momo.

Stinger

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe everyone can stop complaining about Lewis being in the team now saying Baz is panicking. Baz doesn't want to have to play him, but there's no other option.

And he's right about Allan. I can't see how people want to leave him at fullback when he's letting every bomb bounce and turns and chases for kicks in the in goal slower than Hoppa. If you want to criticise anything, question why Allan was signed by Baz in the first place.
Allan must have some talent to make the origin team. I’m more concerned and disappointed with Baz’s forward signings in Waddell and hetherington. Fringe first graders at best and not what we need right now.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
So does that mean that Elliott is captain ?? considering his autistic brother will be leading the dogs out tomorrow night ??

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d say it’s Elliot and rightly so. There’s no other obvious choices besides hoppa and off field issues aside he is on bloke that always rips in and has genuine passion for the club. No doubt leading the boys out with his brother for world autism day will be a special day for him

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's a worry that we're down to 21 of our top 30 players we can use right now. So the fact that Lewis was selected isn't an issue. Didn't see his performance last week but have read that he was pretty good and if he takes some kicking pressure off Flanagan and defends well that'll be helpful. As much potential as Averillo has, he's got to deliver on it still. Meaney showed enough in his stints at fullback last year that I'm confident that he'll do the job. Hopefully he gets a few nice passes and gets to hit some holes. He's not a battering ram, but his support play from the back last year was pretty good and hopefully his pace adds options for Lewis and Flanagan to use. Our forwards aren't going to win it for us unless we have a great deal of possession so the kicking game will need to be on song and any attacking chances we have need to be successful. We're due some luck and hopefully a refereeing performance that keeps us in the game for once.

We are a long way off the pace this year but thankfully I've had to work while the team played every week so far. Have seen some portions of games in replays but haven't had to sit through it biting my teeth or getting angry. Unless I'm called in tomorrow I'll actually get to see them play. So hopefully I'm the lucky charm.

We'll need a lot going in our favor to win, but I can never bring myself to write us off and tomorrows game is no exception. A win verse Souths would be just the shot to build some confidence in the team.

Stinger

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a worry that we're down to 21 of our top 30 players we can use right now. So the fact that Lewis was selected isn't an issue. Didn't see his performance last week but have read that he was pretty good and if he takes some kicking pressure off Flanagan and defends well that'll be helpful. As much potential as Averillo has, he's got to deliver on it still. Meaney showed enough in his stints at fullback last year that I'm confident that he'll do the job. Hopefully he gets a few nice passes and gets to hit some holes. He's not a battering ram, but his support play from the back last year was pretty good and hopefully his pace adds options for Lewis and Flanagan to use. Our forwards aren't going to win it for us unless we have a great deal of possession so the kicking game will need to be on song and any attacking chances we have need to be successful. We're due some luck and hopefully a refereeing performance that keeps us in the game for once.

We are a long way off the pace this year but thankfully I've had to work while the team played every week so far. Have seen some portions of games in replays but haven't had to sit through it biting my teeth or getting angry. Unless I'm called in tomorrow I'll actually get to see them play. So hopefully I'm the lucky charm.

We'll need a lot going in our favor to win, but I can never bring myself to write us off and tomorrows game is no exception. A win verse Souths would be just the shot to build some confidence in the team.
Don’t hold your breath Alan. But I like your positivity. You are one of the fortunate ones that didn’t see last weeks game - one of the worst performances I can remember in 40 years.