News Trent Barrett joins Eels as Assistant Coach in 2023

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
This is a genius move by Baz.

You would have to think BA is next coach on the chopping block and they are likely to be shit next year. Baz steps in as interim coach, gets a few wins and signs himself a multi year deal with a shit **** team that matches his shit **** capability
Or if your BA you sign an assistant who you know is no threat to your reign lol. Madge is a threat to BA.

Malla

Reaction score
Or if your BA you sign an assistant who you know is no threat to your reign lol. Madge is a threat to BA.
That’s also true lol
This does not make any sense for Parra. Their attack isn’t the issue imo, their defence needs work. Anyway who cares fuck em

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Word is the 2 they had were exactly that, but wanted to go in another direction and get higher profile assistants. Getting ready to axe BA I reckon.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He may be a handy assistant coach.. but not a good head coach.. abit late for us..

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Good on him.
Unlike many dogs fans on here, I have no hate for Trent.

His heart was in it and he did his best. You can't hate on someone for failing at somthing when they did their best.

It's a shame it didn't work out and his best wasn't good enough.

I wish him all the best at what ever he does in the future.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
That’s also true lol
This does not make any sense for Parra. Their attack isn’t the issue imo, their defence needs work. Anyway who cares fuck em
Nothing Parramatta does makes sense. Let mahoney go than buy a fossil 9 lol

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Just how good was Baz as an assistant anyway? Since he left Penrith they actually improved and won a title. They obviously didn't need him.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just how good was Baz as an assistant anyway? Since he left Penrith they actually improved and won a title. They obviously didn't need him.
This.

His record as a coach apart from the 12 months where he suddenly (allegedly) morphed into the “attack whisperer” at Penrith, is utter garbage.

This headline of him at Parra is almost good enough for the front page of NT News.. :tearsofjoy:

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Can't wait to see the eels attack transformation under mastermind Tballz

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Apparently what got Barrett over the line and the assitants job was his promise, that he could get Kyle Flanagan over there too as Kyle is the NSW and Australian halfback and captain in waiting.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just met Trent a few minutes ago at Gold coast airport! Had a nice little chat. Great guy.

I said "sucks didnt work out at the dogs, you still in touch?" He said "ummm yeh umm we'll see what happens there" lol ok

I straight just asked him "what you doing these days?" Sly casual comment

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Just met Trent a few minutes ago at Gold coast airport! Had a nice little chat. Great guy.

I said "sucks didnt work out at the dogs, you still in touch?" He said "ummm yeh umm we'll see what happens there" lol ok

I straight just asked him "what you doing these days?" Sly casual comment
my mate coaches one of the rep teams, wont say which one, says TB has been very impressive at parra, maybe a good assistant but not head coach