News Trent Barrett joins Eels as Assistant Coach in 2023

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thought he may have gone down the road of commentating, unlike the many narks I wish him well..if the Eels were to take that route suggested(very unlikely imo)more fool them obviously.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So Madge will be our AC as he was courted by the Eels.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do Eels have Mary in the coaching ranks or did I dream that? If so a major LOL @ Eels adding Baz.

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What it takes to be a good assistant and what it takes to be a good head coach are very different. I don't think Barrett has the personality (especially not the ruthlessness) to be a head coach. He definitely has the footy brain to be a good assistant. I hope he finds some joy over there.

Malla

Reaction score
This is a genius move by Baz.

You would have to think BA is next coach on the chopping block and they are likely to be shit next year. Baz steps in as interim coach, gets a few wins and signs himself a multi year deal with a shit **** team that matches his shit **** capability

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is a genius move by Baz.

You would have to think BA is next coach on the chopping block and they are likely to be shit next year. Baz steps in as interim coach, gets a few wins and signs himself a multi year deal with a shit **** team that matches his shit **** capability
How badly run are Parramatta to sign Barrett in any "coaching" capacity based on his record.. Recruitment and pathways maybe, but assistant coach..lmfao.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He might be alright with an established roster and seasoned halves. He also won’t have the responsibility of being head coach which was a bit of a stretch for him. Assistant coach is about his level.