Official Trent Barrett’s future consolidated thread

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It’s NSW Cup is a poor excuse for reserve grade. You have Panthers & Newtown stacked with NRL fringe quality players and then you have Mounties,Blacktown & Wests with very little (if any) NRL standard players. No coincidence that the smart NRL Clubs have depth in NSW Cup. If an NRL team is hit by injuries/suspensions it heavily affects the NSW Cup side lineups can change dramatically from week to week.
FYI it was Barrett that brought DTT to the Club.; he’s not NRL standard. Don’t rubbish Sandercock just yet, there’ll be some dirty laundry aired in the coming weeks.
So, precisely what I said - most NSWC teams have NRL experienced players. Thanks.

Yes I know Barrett bought all the staff including Tangles, he had carte blanch, except maybe for cap management, so we only learnt partially from the Hasler era and look where that’s got us.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Tackle: Trent Barrett future at Bulldogs in doubt, but it’s not the answer to their woes

The Bulldogs should think long and hard before making Trent Barrett yet another scapegoat - because the real issue is staring them in the face each and every week, writes PAUL CRAWLEY.

If Trent Barrett has coached his last game for the Bulldogs, there should be some players who have also played their last game.
And Matt Dufty is at the top of that list.

Barrett is facing coaching oblivion heading into Friday night’s game against Wests Tigers because he backed the wrong players.

But with meetings in the next few days to decide if Barrett will survive this week, the word coming out of Belmore is that Barrett is on very shaky ground with sections within the club ready to make the tough call.

But regardless of who is coaching the Bulldogs by the time they run out to take on the Tigers, there also has to be changes on the field as well.

And moving Josh Addo-Carr to fullback is one of them.

The Bulldogs desperately need to ignite their attack but they can’t go another game with Dufty playing in the No 1 jumper.

Dufty is a great attacking player when he is on, but too often he is right off.

And he came up with another shocker in the loss at Magic Round to Newcastle.

He has now been given enough chances.
You can’t have a player in such an important position who turns up some weeks but goes missing in others.

Meanwhile, as far as talk about the Bulldogs looking at another massive roster overhaul, do they just expect their fans to swallow this by sacking another coach?

How about first explaining why they threw a lifeline to Dufty, Tevita Pangai and Paul Vaughan in the first place, when all three had been moved on at their last clubs?

Throw Brent Naden on the list because he had his own issues at Penrith.

The most naïve mistake in rugby league is signing problems from other clubs.

Yet this has become Canterbury’s get-out-of-jail tactic in recent years.

It’s worth remembering it’s coming up to five years since Des Hasler was sacked.

It’s been nearly two years since Dean Pay was made the scapegoat.

The great Peter “Bullfrog” Moore used to say success was in the woodwork at Belmore.

Not anymore.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Tackle: Trent Barrett future at Bulldogs in doubt, but it’s not the answer to their woes

The Bulldogs should think long and hard before making Trent Barrett yet another scapegoat - because the real issue is staring them in the face each and every week, writes PAUL CRAWLEY.

If Trent Barrett has coached his last game for the Bulldogs, there should be some players who have also played their last game.
And Matt Dufty is at the top of that list.

Barrett is facing coaching oblivion heading into Friday night’s game against Wests Tigers because he backed the wrong players.

But with meetings in the next few days to decide if Barrett will survive this week, the word coming out of Belmore is that Barrett is on very shaky ground with sections within the club ready to make the tough call.

But regardless of who is coaching the Bulldogs by the time they run out to take on the Tigers, there also has to be changes on the field as well.

And moving Josh Addo-Carr to fullback is one of them.

The Bulldogs desperately need to ignite their attack but they can’t go another game with Dufty playing in the No 1 jumper.

Dufty is a great attacking player when he is on, but too often he is right off.

And he came up with another shocker in the loss at Magic Round to Newcastle.

He has now been given enough chances.
You can’t have a player in such an important position who turns up some weeks but goes missing in others.

Meanwhile, as far as talk about the Bulldogs looking at another massive roster overhaul, do they just expect their fans to swallow this by sacking another coach?

How about first explaining why they threw a lifeline to Dufty, Tevita Pangai and Paul Vaughan in the first place, when all three had been moved on at their last clubs?

Throw Brent Naden on the list because he had his own issues at Penrith.

The most naïve mistake in rugby league is signing problems from other clubs.

Yet this has become Canterbury’s get-out-of-jail tactic in recent years.

It’s worth remembering it’s coming up to five years since Des Hasler was sacked.

It’s been nearly two years since Dean Pay was made the scapegoat.

The great Peter “Bullfrog” Moore used to say success was in the woodwork at Belmore.

Not anymore.

fuck crawley. sex pest looking ****

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeh fuck all the "jizmlists" I cgaf about their opinions, still bugging me is the TPJ speculation he has been pretty good I reckon.
Anyway see what happens but this shambles ain't going to be fixed overnight, hope the interim guy doesn't cop lots of shit early on...

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeh fuck all the "jizmlists" I cgaf about their opinions, still bugging me is the TPJ speculation he has been pretty good I reckon.
Anyway see what happens but this shambles ain't going to be fixed overnight, hope the interim guy doesn't cop lots of shit early on...
The TPJ stuff makes absolutely zero sense. Easily one of our best and his offloads have been about our only threat in attack.

bulamakdoggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think they sick sack Barrett or he is pushed to resign and they appoint Flanno interim coach to be reviewed end of year on if he can make a difference. If he does he has the job full time.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’d love to know who made the decision to hire dean pay an inexperienced unproven first grade coach. And then to hire a failure first grade coach to get a struggling team to become competitive again.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tbh, I think the fans will be fine with a roster overhaul and Baz getting the boot. Article has so many holes. Vaughn was a good pick up, TPJ was a good pick up, naden was a bit of a gamble but we needed pace so understandable. Pay was not the scapegoat, he just wasn't up to it. Baz is not up to it. What does this Crawley idiot think we should do? Keep the coach and the same roster. Fkn clown

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
The TPJ stuff makes absolutely zero sense. Easily one of our best and his offloads have been about our only threat in attack.
A new coach will just throw TPJ into the middle rotation and find a solution to the edge. Play the guys where they need to be played.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
‘He’s gone’: Trent Barrett set for the axe as Bulldogs ‘breaking point’ revealed
Trent Barrett is set to be axed within the next 48 hours as the Bulldogs prepare to hold emergency talks on Monday following the club’s disastrous start to the season.

Canterbury officials are reportedly frustrated and spent the weekend speculating whether Barrett was still the club’s long-term boss.

It is understood the breaking point was the Magic Round loss to a struggling Knights side

Nine’s Danny Weidler then revealed the Bulldogs had cancelled media opportunities scheduled for Monday.

The developments come just weeks after Gould backed Barrett as the club’s long-term coach.

Speaking on Big Sports Breakfast Radio, the Daily Telegraph’s Phil Rothfield said Barrett would not survive.

“No he doesn’t (survive). He is gone,” Rothfield said.

“I think there’s internal issues emerging with an unhappy roster and I think the axe will fall in the next 48 hours.”

Rothfield said the club was handling the situation “very delicately” to make it appear that Phil Gould was not behind Barrett’s axing, with both men managed by Wayne Beavis.

“Phil Gould can’t be seen as the person who sacks him. But he’s got a history of getting rid of coaches. You go back to Penrith with Ivan cleary and Anthony Griffin,” Rothfield said.

“The way it will be orchestrated is, it will be a board decision. People with any real knowledge of the situation know Gus has more power than the chairman, CEO or anybody within the club and it’s his decision.

“What will happen is Trent Barrett, it will be orchestrated that (Barrett) resigns and stands down and says publicly he’s not in position to take the team forward.”

Fox League’s panel of experts spoke on the meeting on Sunday and suggested the “writing is on the wall”.

“It has been an extremely tough time for Trent Barrett and the Bulldogs but the fact that there is an emergency meeting probably suggests that the writing is on the wall,” Corey Parker said.

“Otherwise then why is there an emergency meeting, what are they going to meet about, if it is not going to be about the future of Trent Barrett.

“It has been a difficult season for them but I don’t know that another coach gets more out of what they have got, I am not sure about that, they have turned up the Bulldogs for most games but they have just really struggled to score points.

“They compete and they turn up but, there is a lot of frustration that is going on there, the performance that they put in the other night against the Knights was totally unacceptable in a lot of areas, and a lot of areas that were just effort based not talent.”

The former Panthers assistant had no answers in Friday night’s post-match press conference, having slumped to the dismal record of only five wins from 34 games.

Many fans had a positive outlook coming into this season, with a number of high-profile recruits including Matt Burton and Josh Addo-Carr ready to revive the cellar dwellers.

But now any optimism has faded and the Bulldogs will not be short of options should they be needing a new coach.

Paul Green, Shane Flanagan and Cameron Ciraldo are the experienced options to take over, while Steve Price has had a successful stint in Cronulla and Kristian Woolf has been solid at St Helens.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Clubs decision has to be focused on getting us back to form and as far away from the spoon as possible, personal relationships and opinions outside of winning games shouldn't be a factor period.

Im sick of the being the laughing stock, I want clubs to fear us again!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He signed a 3 year contract. If I was the Dolphins I would be asking us to pay most of his contract.
Not a problem
Some officials are happy to let him go and the dolphins happy to pay
Wayne bennet is a massive fan and tpj would be able to go home to brisb