Official Trent Barrett’s future consolidated thread

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I am with PoundHounds on this one... you are showng so much hate toward Barrett but he isn't the only one in the firing line. The team has not put in a full 80 minutes the entire season that is on Ferris for his sh!t training regime and the players for not letting Barrett know that they are underdone. Those coming from other systems must have known they were not being trained as hard as other conditioners but were happy to have a bludge. And speaking of bludgers there are a few players that are not up to standard but are not making any attempt to improve. Yes the same individuals each week. The entire Club knew of our lack of fitness and yet ignored the issue or is this meeting the beginning.
Let's keep making excuses for Barrett after every loss lol...

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just on SMH...\\

Canterbury officials will hold a meeting in the next 48 hours to discuss the team’s poor start to the season and the future of coach Trent Barrett.

The Herald can reveal frustrated Canterbury powerbrokers spent the weekend on the phone to each other questioning whether the coach was still the right man for the job. Club officials confirmed to the Herald that a meeting has been scheduled for Monday.
Are the power brokers still questioning whether Barrett is the right man for the job. If they are still questioning this then I don’t think they deserve to be power brokers.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You're right about St.Helens. But what he's done with Tonga makes me think he's legit. To beat Australia, NZ and England is unheard of and can't be understated. Tonga used to get belted by 30 in those matches. Now they're a powerhouse. He'd be my preferred choice.

Everyone talks down the Super League but Robinson came from there, as did MaGuire. Whoever we sign will be a risk and have question marks.
Agree, Im a big fan of the Super league, unfortunate that's it's slightly declined over the last year and a half. I certainly won't be upset if we sign Woolf, id just be cautious about being optimistic given our recent history sadly

Last edited:

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peter sharp has been care taker coach before. Gus thought highly of him. Wouldnt surprise me if he takes that role if baz out

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Peter sharp has been care taker coach before. Gus thought highly of him. Wouldnt surprise me if he takes that role if baz out
A lot of blame should be directed at Sharpe. Isn’t he our recruitment officer?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Tangles! Haha, imagine how we start referring to him if he starts coaching us to losses. My testes are tangled already thinking about it hahaha
All jokes aside, if he can help a few of the pups become solid FG'ers then I will be more than happy. At least this year wouldn't be a complete write off.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think the problem with Barrett is he tried to implement a style that his players could not execute..good coaches design a style that optimise the skills of his available player..great coaches..and they are rare..make players better..but still coach to what players can do..

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Ciraldo has no head coach experience, so is a huge risk. I would prefer Flanagan also, but that would also mean Kyle stays.
He was Head Coach at the Panthers in between Hook being punted and Cleary returning. Granted it was interim, but he has coached at the top level.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Gus is probably going to deliver a pre origin esque speech to the board to keep Baz
Yep.. f&$k f&$k f&$k f&$k f&$k f&$k f&$k f&$k f&$k f&$k f&$k f&$k f&$k f&$k f&$k f&$k f&$k f&$k f&$k f&$k f&$k f&$k f&$k f&$k f&$k f&$k f&$k f&$k f&$k f&$k f&$k f&$k f&$k f&$k f&$k f&$k f&$k f&$k f&$k f&$k f&$k f&$k f&$k f&$k f&$k f&$k f&$k f&$k f&$k f&$k f&$k f&$k f&$k f&$k f&$k f&$k ..got it c&$ts?!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So far have watched 20 mins of that Matty Johns dribble and still haven't mentioned Baz.

This is fkn torture.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not making excuses for anyone. I'm saying there is more than one person that needs to be tapped on the shoulder.
Totally get what you mean..but as head coach you are numero uno..the buck stops with..you take responsibility for the losses and the accolades when you win..you are supposed to be the one who decides how things are going to go..part of the job..