News Transfer bombshell: NRL’s highest-paid prop requests release

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just to put a little perspective on this situation..
I just found out today that my dad has bladder cancer and it has thrown my world into a spin..
Even the brand new car I bought yesterday means nothing right now..
So if his parents are in a serious health situation and he needs an immediate release..the last thing he would be thinking about is his next potential club..
Don’t expect this to be decided and resolved in a few days..
He would be solely focused on his family right now..
Respect the reason for a release guys and understand his priorities right now..
Sorry to hear about your dad mate! That's awful news! Fingers crossed he can make a full recovery.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I reckon manly will be our biggest threat, they have offloaded keppie and josh alioa is not being resigned.

My moneys back on the Northern Beaches.

They dropped Tuilagi, Keppie, Aloia and Fainu.

They're after a big name prop.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
So wants to be closer to parents but is in England for a month.
This is suspicious to me too.
He is not on holidays he is playing footy.
If it’s that bad you need to agitate you need to be there in the precious time you can

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
RFM and Topine are both Auckland-born.
Both need a fresh start.
Auckland gets two forwards, we get one.
Pitch it as a homecoming for both and a chance for their coach to show just how good he actually is by transforming our rejects.
Play to his ego.
In a perfect world,we offload both of them. the reality is though, if they wanted either of them, there would have been a swap for Curran

Reecek89

Kennel Established
Reaction score

They are under cap pressure. DCE 1 million plus, Turbo and Jurbo probably just under a million, Brooks 600k, Schuster 800k and they want to sign that back rower for about the same long term.
Keppie and Fainu were on peanuts

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
AFB hasn't requested a release without having agreed with another club
I tend to agree, but a player of his quality could ask for a release in the current player market and be guaranteed a club and a pay rise for next year. Apart from maybe Parra and Penrith all Sydney clubs will be putting offers together imo

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
I reckon manly will be our biggest threat, they have offloaded keppie and josh alioa is not being resigned.

Didn't Manly block him from joining a Sydney club when he previously requested a release

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just read through the majority of this thread …. nice to see so many supporters excited … AFB is exactly what we’re missing, a big powerful alpha prop that leads from the front … this would be huge for us … really hope we get him ..

Had to laugh though … in the middle of everyone’s excitement, there’s little @Flanagun trolling his heart out going on about how much better St George are, how chit Ciraldo is, trying his best to hijack the thread … but he hardly got a bite because everyone was to interested in commenting about AFB …

Hilarious .. I bet he went to bed with the chits .. [emoji23][emoji23]

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Have they?
There is some logic to us getting him. Cap space. Etc.
But all western media has come out and said saints are in the box seat with the tigers not far behind.
"All western media" :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

They have just offered Olakauatu a huge deal haven't they ? And they have a heap of high priced players already Tommy and DCE,both million plus, Jake and Schuster close to a mil. Sydney NRL Bosses would be all frantically going through the options

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
The coach who signed Flanagun... competent coach haha :tearsofjoy:
Much closer to finals haha :tearsofjoy:

Dragons sacked him haha :tearsofjoy:
The Coach who won a premiership... as opposed to the debut coach who conceded 34 points per game.

The Dragons sacked him after he pleaded guilty to assaulting his partner. I'd say Addin was to blame for that one, wouldn't you?