News Transfer bombshell: NRL’s highest-paid prop requests release

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I’m so fkn hopeful as I think we are a huge chance to get AFB if released…. but if we don’t the kennel Meltdown will be epic
Will be devastating to miss out on Tino, Haas and AFB.
AFB would be so fucking good in helping Patalo develop, playing off the back of him would do the boy wonders.

TheAlmightyJish

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mods are going to need to ban me for the week if h walks and joins another Sydney club.
My boss will have to fire me because I wouldn't come to work all week. I'll be in the handicap stalls with Kalyn Ponga celebrating like grand final week!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I have a bad feeling we will miss out again, gut feel says he'll be a shark or dragon
Sharks have alot of middles and are probably the team that is in the best position to offer the best trade.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sharks have alot of middles and are probably the team that is in the best position to offer the best trade.
Good point. The warriors won't let him go without getting something in return.

Dapper Dog

Deitz-ciple
Reaction score
I have a highly optimistic feeling we will get him.

Plus, if he joined the Warriors on compassionate grounds, they'd look like massive cucks to block this (though all eyes might just be on the dickhead that keeps wanting to change contracts and countries for compassionate reasons :sweatsmile:).

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The problem with trades, and why they happen so little, is because you need to find two players of roughly equal value, both willing to move and both clubs to agree to the move. That's a lot of moving pieces to fall into line.

It's all well and good for the Warriors to want to trade say Hamlin-Uele, but who says he wants to go and uproot his family? Maybe Sharks can release Conor Tracey, but what if Warriors don't want him? Then clubs begin arguing about how many of the salary each has to cover etc.

If I have to guess what will happen, Warriors will go around the clubs and see who has a player they can get who fits their bill. Once they have a player locked in, they'll release him.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ever since the day Gus left the Warriors he continually praised the Warriors boss and how great of a person he is.

I hope to all the high heavens in the world that Gus will speak with the Warriors boss and have him agree to only release him to us.... we are not a top 8 team that the average man would consider that AFB coming to us will hurt the Warriors 24 campaign more than if he went to the Roosters, Panthers or Souths for example.
Logic says one would allow him to go only to Sydney's weakest teams.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Two releases in 3 years on "compassionate grounds"

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If Warriors do release him, I genuinely think the only Sydney club he will go to is us, without a doubt

The question is, will the Warriors release him? Do the Warriors make the top 8 in 2024 without AFB? Who do they get to replace him? RFM is definitely not a like for like replacement

Firstly Curran asked for a release and now AFB?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
If Warriors do release him, I genuinely think the only Sydney club he will go to is us, without a doubt

The question is, will the Warriors release him? Do the Warriors make the top 8 in 2024 without AFB? Who do they get to replace him? RFM is definitely not a like for like replacement

Firstly Curran asked for a release and now AFB?
Curran didn't ask for a release. He got punted.

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
Why the fuck would he go to the dragons to waste his career away after just going deep into the finals amd getting a good taste

Dogs are the best place for him 100%

Finals are not far away with more solid forwards. If that backline clicks next year wow