News Transfer bombshell: NRL’s highest-paid prop requests release

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Impossible to tell. Ciraldo has shown nothing so far to suggest that he's a good coach. If anything he's underachieved. Webster got the very best out of his players. It's no coincidence that Shaun Johnson, AFB & CNK all had career seasons.
I get that argument. But it all stems from a comp that has a huge talent issue in regards to quality middle forwards and experienced 7s. Not saying Webster is a bad coach, he's just lucky he had them.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I get that argument. But it all stems from a comp that has a huge talent issue in regards to quality middle forwards and experienced 7s. Not saying Webster is a bad coach, he's just lucky he had them.
The coach before him had them also & couldn't make the top 4 or make them play that good. 12 months ago people were saying Shaun Johnson should retire & CNK is washed.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The coach before him had them also & couldn't make the top 4 or make them play that good. 12 months ago people were saying Shaun Johnson should retire & CNK is washed.
That warriors team only sucked due to COVID and being away from home. CNK was always good, even mentioned here we should sign him, only dropped by Ricky due to sour grapes of him wanting to leave.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Honestly who cares if he did this before... We need all hands on deck in our engine room up front. If gus gets this done, guess what elections will be a thing of the past and our team will way closer to the top 8 mark next year. We have a stack of players coming next year, so expect anything to happen with this crop of players.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
That warriors team only sucked due to COVID and being away from home. CNK was always good, even mentioned here we should sign him, only dropped by Ricky due to sour grapes of him wanting to leave.
He was terrible the last 2 seasons at the Raiders. Raiders were better when Xavier Savage was fullback.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree Webster's done a brilliant job and shown himself to be a top coach. We've got some good players too, but Ciraldo wasn't able to get the best out of them in year 1 for sure. I'm not sure what sets the top coaches apart from the others (Bennett, Bellamy, Jack Gibson and Mal Reilly are very different to each other). I think it's some sort of innate ability to get get players to trust them, but it doesn't grow on trees, or at Belmore apparently.