News Transfer bombshell: NRL’s highest-paid prop requests release

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Do it noooooooooooooow. Send over who ever they want. Full freight plus 10% gst. Doesnt make us a top 8 team but improves our chances grealty. Throw in a Saifiti and we are starting to look like a mid table team ;)

Our middles were so soft this year, was embarrasing to see. Imagine King only needed for 25 mins of the bench then have someone like Hughes coming on for a 10-15 min stint to bend the line. Automatically look better instead of starting King and expecting him to grind away. Kings best games for us was off the bench against tiring opposition with his solid runs and late offloads, something he couldnt replicate in 2023 because of our slow play the balls and no penetration down the middle.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wonder if the Warriors could have a clause that he can't go to certain clubs.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It'd be great if we could sign him but every other Sydney club would be after him and would move players on if they had to in order to create space for him. I'm not getting my hopes up..

You'd hope that Gus signing him when he was at the Warriors would help things.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Going through the Sydney clubs. This is who I think will chase him

Dogs- Yes. Demand for front row and cap space available.
Tigers- Yes. Cap space available
Dragons- Yes. Cap and demand for front rowers
Sharks- Yes. Need a front rower, unsure if have enough cap?
Manly- No. They’d love him, but can’t see them having cap space.
Souths- No. Same as Manly. No cap space.
Roosters- No. With Crichton now staying, no cap space.
Penrith- No. Leota and JFH is sufficient for them.
Parramatta- No. Have Paulo, RCG and Grieg.

Realistically I think it’ll be out of us, Sharks and Dragons.

Gus needs to make this happen.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I’d say IF he gets a release only us dragons and tigers are a chance with any cap.

Surely we are most attractive of that bunch.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Doubt it would be us, maybe Broncos after the Reece Walsh situation.
Seeing as we aren't a Sydney club. I had a feeling he wasn't Broncos bound. :tearsofjoy:

Also, the Warriors said Walsh can't go to the Phins & Walsh wanted to go to a Brisbane club. (Only leaves one club)

doggy_dave

Waterboy
Reaction score
Legit? Did Gus play a role in getting him to the warriors? Out of all the Sydney clubs, we’d have the most cap space and demand for front rowers. Also would have roster spots. Dragons another option. Outside if that can’t really see many others, maybe Cronulla.
Dragons have previously sacked him so may be bad blood there hopefully

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Gus, I’ll throw in a wristie. Check that. 2 wristies. One for you and one for AFB.
Surely we’re a front runner? Can’t be that many clubs with cap space for next year?

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting information found when trying to see if there really is a Gus connection. His original contract with NZ ended this year, but he extended another 5 years, just last year. Bit of a worry aye, that he’s now wanting out after signing a very long extension. Second club he’s requested a release from too.