News Trainer sacked

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
There’s no more time for sentimentality ... he’s obviously not up to the job anymore. Let Barrett bring whoever he needs!!! Who gives a shit what people think about our club!?

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Regardless of who made the decision it was delivered rather poorly by a former captain of the Club; who left after the Club had invested in him personally & in his education in the midst of the salary cap scandal. Only to return 15 years later on the Football Club Board & shortly after that be appointed GM of Football!
what a circus this club has become.... & you wonder why the media have a field day??????
I have been complaining about our front office,for over 2 years,and our media department,is a joke,I can tell u numerous amount of emails from me,a total waste of time,

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
hughes and tunks just said on 2sm that he was sacked over the phone, what a disgrace by the club and Steve Price

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
hughes and tunks just said on 2sm that he was sacked over the phone, what a disgrace by the club and Steve Price
Has anyone actually seeeeen Steve Price since when? Certainly haven't heard from him. Gary was one of the few :grinning:

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think we need to move on from this Family club bullshit.
It worked back in the day when there was loyalty.
But these days, the game is a business.
And it's all based on fluid contracts that mean nothing.

Best thing we need to do as a club is create a new culture to move forward.

Holding on to the past is not the way to future success.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He wasn't sacked.

His contract wasn't renewed.

Can't sack someone who doesn't have a contract OR a job.

Why can't the media get their facts straight??????

Talkin Sport never do any research just regurgitate the shit in the Telegraph.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He wasn't sacked.

His contract wasn't renewed.

Can't sack someone who doesn't have a contract OR a job.

Why can't the media get their facts straight??????

Talkin Sport never do any research just regurgitate the shit in the Telegraph.
apparently he was sacked, they dont get their information from the paper, his brothers were at his leaving drink

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
apparently he was sacked, they dont get their information from the paper, his brothers were at his leaving drink
NO.

He was on a contract. Contract was up. He was never promised that his contract would be renewed.

Same as all the rest of the backroom staff. All their contracts are up at the end of this year.

Are they all going to get a sob story as they get replaced by Barrett????

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We are in the middle of a pandemic, why is it such a big deal that he was told his services were no longer required by telephone? NRL teams are being mandated to minimise contact for those not in the bubble... Why such outrage over a phone call ..

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
NO.

He was on a contract. Contract was up. He was never promised that his contract would be renewed.

Same as all the rest of the backroom staff. All their contracts are up at the end of this year.

Are they all going to get a sob story as they get replaced by Barrett????
just a question have a you played a team sport, if so you will have these types of players around the club? i know from my experience of playing and coaching, that these types of guys are the life line of the club, the guys that the players love. He wasnt even offered a reduced contract.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
This whole idea of keeping club legends or families around is bullshit. Fucking died ages ago and half these young lads don't even know these old farts or famous Canterbury families. We need people with a sporting business brain not some old of spring of a legend. Its 2020 my friend even I have come to terms with the families in Jersey not being what they once was

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hughes has the biggest axe to grind against the Dogs ever and fuck him , our players have been fat and weak and unfit for years. He can go get his pension and fuck off the charity is over.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
This whole idea of keeping club legends or families around is bullshit. Fucking died ages ago and half these young lads don't even know these old farts or famous Canterbury families. We need people with a sporting business brain not some old of spring of a legend. Its 2020 my friend even I have come to terms with the families in Jersey not being what they once was
I agree, the lads these days are self centred ...on huge contracts and will bend to the highest bidder. All this media hype is jumped up to make us look like we have huge issues within the club , when they know we’re on the up. New coach, cashed up. We just need to shop accordingly.

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
just a question have a you played a team sport, if so you will have these types of players around the club? i know from my experience of playing and coaching, that these types of guys are the life line of the club, the guys that the players love. He wasnt even offered a reduced contract.
Why would they offer a reduced contract to someone who they don't want and who hasn't been performing?

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hughes has the biggest axe to grind against the Dogs ever and fuck him , our players have been fat and weak and unfit for years. He can go get his pension and fuck off the charity is over.
Before you make a half assed comment, know the facts, he hasn’t had anything to do with the NRL squad for at least 8 years. He was one of the finest conditioners back in the day, was an integral factor in the Dogs’ physical dominance during the 90’s & early 2000’s. I think after 37years of service (Price should have known better) a little bit of respect & decorum on behalf of the Club is warranted-not a phone call to advise “you’re done”

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Why would they offer a reduced contract to someone who they don't want and who hasn't been performing?
how do you know he wasnt performing? he is not the head conditioner, he is a life member.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We should be sacking Ayoub tbh