News Trainer sacked

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ha ha, so protocols are an excuse? The same reason that two NRL coaches and two players have just been given a 14 day holiday? The only nonsense is your effort to smear the club over nothing. But that’s you. Back to your half empty glass SFA :-).
For the record, Carden has been a passenger at the club since his knee replacement a couple of years ago. It doesn’t excuse this pathetic conduct given his long service. The termination was executed poorly. The decision should have been kept within the inner sanctum (without the leaks) & put into effect at season’s end.
It’s respect for loyalty.
From all reports, there was a pretty good turnout paying their respects...past & present staff & players (that COVID-19 protocols & bubble would allow.)

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
For the record, Carden has been a passenger at the club since his knee replacement a couple of years ago. It doesn’t excuse this pathetic conduct given his long service. The termination was executed poorly. The decision should have been kept within the inner sanctum (without the leaks) & put into effect at season’s end.
From all reports, there was a pretty good turnout paying their respects...past & present staff & players (that COVID-19 protocols & bubble would allow.)
How was it executed poorly? Price called him to give him the news (because he couldn’t do it face-to-face) and he hung up on him (his own admission). Why wait to seasons end when financial pressures warrant it now? Don’t forget with this tenure he would’ve had a very decent payout - hence the pressure and decision to do it now. It wasn’t just some shot in the dark for no reason. This year has damaged just about every business on the planet. It’s why when I was chatting to Craig Laundy yesterday I thanked him for their investment in the club in what is also a tough year for them (I was at a Laundy Hotel and they had capacity restrictions in place, turning people and their money away). And yes, Garry did get a good send-off at the Croydon Park Hotel from those allowed to attend.

Last edited:
Reactions: ATT

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How was it executed poorly? Price called him to give him the news (because he couldn’t do it face-to-face) and he hung up on him (his own admission). Why wait to seasons end when financial pressures warrant it now? Don’t forget with this tenure he would’ve have a very decent payout - hence the pressure and decision to do it now. It wasn’t just some shot in the dark for no reason. This year has damaged just about every business on the planet. It’s why when I was chatting to Craig Laundy yesterday I thanked him for their investment in the club in what is also a tough year for them (I was at a Laundy Hotel and they had capacity restrictions in place, turning people and their money away). And yes, Garry did get a good send-off at the Croydon Park Hotel from those allowed to attend.
For the record, unfortunately Price’s “phone call” came after Gary had already been told of the decision. Again, to hear it through the grapevine before being informed officially; be it over the phone or face to face reflects poorly on the management & the discussions/decisions it makes “in confidence”

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
For the record, unfortunately Price’s “phone call” came after Gary had already been told of the decision. Again, to hear it through the grapevine before being informed officially; be it over the phone or face to face reflects poorly on the management & the discussions/decisions it makes “in confidence”
So someone allegedly leaked the news to Garry.
Hardly a first.
Still doesn’t make the club incompetent.
Seems you just have it in for Hill and Co. no matter what they do and that’s up to you.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So someone allegedly leaked the news to Garry.
Hardly a first.
Still doesn’t make the club incompetent.
Seems you just have it in for Hill and Co. no matter what they do and that’s up to you.
I don’t have it in for anyone. I want the best for the Bulldogs & based on past/present situations & actions I’m critical on the decision makers & outcomes. For this reason both Price & Hill in particular are not the best possible candidates in their respective roles.

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
culture ?? whether the club did bad or wrong , he shat on the club publically via the media. Is that the culture you want him to show , shit on the club when you don’t get your way.
as for those players , Thurston , Mason , Williams ... they LEFT the club and played elsewhere , they have no right to talk about decisions the club make regarding loyalty .

you think they took that decision lightly , the andersons and price would have been apart of the club when Gary was around .
Actually it sounds pretty cowardly, classless and disrespectful, the way it’s been handled. It’s the Canterbury way these days.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Ķ
Yes the negative agenda is being pushed. There seems to be a media push to de stabilise the club. There isnt enough positive articles, disappointed no one come out to against all the negative / split board crap to say we see non of that at training and so on.
What's Arthur thinkin now.

Great debut for the new jersey sponsorship :(

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He was on a contract. That contract was up this year.

There was never a promise of an extension. When a contract is up, that is the end of a business relationship.

He was never terminated.

All backroom staff are on a contract and most, if not all, are expiring this year.

This is not a surprise to anyone and after our performances over the last few years, how many of our backroom staff would realistically think they would be re-signed?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t have it in for anyone. I want the best for the Bulldogs & based on past/present situations & actions I’m critical on the decision makers & outcomes. For this reason both Price & Hill in particular are not the best possible candidates in their respective roles.
Yeah you keep saying that but to me with no tangible evidence. Major challenges of coaching and sponsorship are solved, recruitment is underway with more to come and the business is being run within the current financial constraints (which has also affected the Leagues Club). For Price he’s spent the vast majority of his time on junior development and with very little junior footy on this year what are your expectations? I just don’t understand your unshakeable position - not even credit where due.

Reactions: GDR

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Comments from Mason Williams and Thurston criticising the club for moving on from Carden are a bit hypocritical- they all moved on for what they believed was in their best interests.
There is no doubt that the dogs players do not appear to be as physically strong as other clubs players - more than one person responsible for that.
If the Moz bros come out and complain after what theyve said about our training abd conditioning, then we know its a "complete" stitch up against the club.

Probably necessary but there's ways of getting these jobs done and we dont seem to have any finese in dealing with them.

More people close to the club, ol' boys etc upset and more headlines. Will it ever end. Can't some other team sell some newspapers and get clicks. At least we'll never be irrelevant to the news cycle.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The club has been paying he’s wages,super the lot,37 years and he’s having a whinge,ungrateful human,mind u our fitness level over the last 4 years are behind everyone else,so I guess it should b no surprise,there’s a few others there,that need to go also

Reactions: GDR

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah you keep saying that but to me with no tangible evidence. Major challenges of coaching and sponsorship are solved, recruitment is underway with more to come and the business is being run within the current financial constraints (which has also affected the Leagues Club). For Price he’s spent the vast majority of his time on junior development and with very little junior footy on this year what are your expectations? I just don’t understand your unshakeable position - not even credit where due.
You defended him earlier this season after the Pt Macquarie shambles & hid him under the guise of the COVID-19 lockdown.
By your own verse Price has spent the majority of his time on junior development but yet there’s been little to no junior footy???? Don’t come at me with this absolute bullshit!
It’s obvious by this outlandish statement that you know nothing of the goings on at this Club! From personal experience Price has done jackshit this year on junior development. He would struggle to name 5 junior clubs, has zero to no knowledge of promising talent nor could he name any team/club managers..Price has done very little full stop!
There is no credit,here just debit after debit. Craig Wilson is looking after junior development & has also under achieved so far this year.

Last edited:

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree not nice way to go,but unfortunately it’s the world we live in,and the decision was made by someone who hasn’t been there 37 years,and doesn’t know the meaning of the the word respect

obe

Waterboy
Reaction score
He said the club wouldn't know if he was alive or dead.
He is painting the club to be callus and hearltess.
And he also said "so much for being a family club".
This are parting shots at the club.
He is helping the hatred for the club to reign on.

Even Kevin Moore who is a son of Bullfrog was let go or told he was not needed and he was the coach.
Kevin also played for the club and I am sure at the end of his time he would have had served for many years.

Phil Gould was also let ago after winning a premiership and he just took it and moved on.
And Gould was young not an almost 70 year trainer.
Where has Gary Carden been publicly critical of the Club?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
You defended him earlier this season after the Pt Macquarie shambles & his him under the guise of the COVID-19 lockdown.
By your own verse Price has spent the majority of his time on junior development but yet there’s been little to no junior footy???? Don’t come at me with this absolute bullshit!
It’s obvious by this outlandish statement that you know nothing of the goings on at this Club! From personal experience Price has done jackshit this year on junior development. He would struggle to name 5 junior clubs, has zero to no knowledge of promising talent nor could he name any team/club managers..Price has done very little full stop!
There is no credit,here just debit after debit. Craig Wilson is looking after junior development & has also under achieved so far this year.
You’re a classic SFA, highly entertaining :-). Stay the course champ, as the realities are pretty much the opposite to all you state. Have a good one.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree not nice way to go,but unfortunately it’s the world we live in,and the decision was made by someone who hasn’t been there 37 years,and doesn’t know the meaning of the the word respect
Regardless of who made the decision it was delivered rather poorly by a former captain of the Club; who left after the Club had invested in him personally & in his education in the midst of the salary cap scandal. Only to return 15 years later on the Football Club Board & shortly after that be appointed GM of Football!
what a circus this club has become.... & you wonder why the media have a field day??????