Tpj to retire from nrl

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Most people thought his performance did not match his pay packet. The money saved could be spent more wisely elsewhere. Whatever happen behind the scenes, most likely in the Dogs favour. Don't like to rubbish players who put on a Dogs jersey, so wish him well in his boxing career. Hopefully he can prove everyone by carving out a more lucrative career in boxing.

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems as if he’s struggling mentally and can’t handle the pressures of NRL. He has had a rough few years with moving from QLD then having the stillborn then they were able to give birth to a child safely. So I wonder if this has all taken its toll.
You can look at it from a negative point of view or you can look at it from the other side. The guy is being paid $750K to play football.

Most people would clean toilets for the opportunity to earn that sort of money. Personal issues aside these bullshit ideas that it’s hard for these blokes is exactly that. Have a cup of concrete and earn your pay packet

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gus mentions Tevita really got down on himself and blamed himself for the teams lacklustre performances and would often say he wishes he was on less money. Conspiracy theories that he was pushed or given an ultimatum regarding boxing are all BS. He’s a deep thinker Tevita and I don’t think many would have the balls to do what he did. Respect him for that

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You need ticker and a heart in boxing , his anger ain’t gonna work in boxing cause every time you let anger in during sparring or a fight you get smacked up. He is shambles, has all the potential and size and can never control himself. It’s truly a shame , literally look how hard he ran first few sets, if he just did that every game imagine his confidence but then he pushed a pass and it led to a try. Tbh this makes our club look bad too, so many down ward spirals since hasler left Canterbury.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
You need ticker and a heart in boxing , his anger ain’t gonna work in boxing cause every time you let anger in during sparring or a fight you get smacked up. He is shambles, has all the potential and size and can never control himself. It’s truly a shame , literally look how hard he ran first few sets, if he just did that every game imagine his confidence but then he pushed a pass and it led to a try. Tbh this makes our club look bad too, so many down ward spirals since hasler left Canterbury.
Spot on.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Gus mentions Tevita really got down on himself and blamed himself for the teams lacklustre performances and would often say he wishes he was on less money. Conspiracy theories that he was pushed or given an ultimatum regarding boxing are all BS. He’s a deep thinker Tevita and I don’t think many would have the balls to do what he did. Respect him for that
Not doing much thinking on the field.

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It’s a tough gig but if you love the sport it’s like no other challenge in the world. Can’t compare it to footy etc. although can’t say I know what running out on a origin field would feel like for your heart either.
And unlike footy where blokes do go missing in games, man you cant go missing toe to toe one on one.

Just me but there's gotta be more to this, giving up the $750k or whatever for maybe a fail, when if he got his head together he had the potential to be a damaging weapon.

Dunno all of a sudden he's lost the league desire.....just odd is all.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why?

If both parties agreed to terminate the contract then he could sign with someone else tomorrow for 2024. No need for a boxing story, just "we agreed to part company" end of story.

Always a Bulldog
The Salary Cap doesn’t work like that. Even if both parties agree to part ways.

If he is on $850k and someone else signs him for $500k we are stuck with $350k on our cap for the duration of his contract.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Salary Cap doesn’t work like that. Even if both parties agree to part ways.

If he is on $850k and someone else signs him for $500k we are stuck with $350k on our cap for the duration of his contract.
We surely just say no

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Happy he’s going as was a bad signing for money he’s on. I’ve usually defended him and still think he’s a good player. Yet most going on about he’s errors, it’s more he’s sprinting out of line and missing constantly that bothered me. Was a strong runner yet defensively wasn’t very good

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Grammar?
this is straight spelling and word misuse not grammar yo
True, but still doesn't change the fact that you've misspelt words and have had horrific grammar in almost every post you make