Tpj to retire from nrl

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
That's crazy.. But we won't complain. Only problem is we already have cap space with no one to spend it on and have to spend 95% of the cap next year. So an extra 750k with no one to spend it on isn't all that useful unless we can front load some contracts when upgrading players.
NRL probably give us a cap penalty like they did Jackson somehow the dirty dogs haha

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Guy with a world of potential but application of a kid. Shame to see him leave the nrl. Could have been destructive and around a better pack would have been ok.

But yeh not a huge downside for the side. Struggled with injuries and form. Only down side is we are another middle forward down now so we literally need 4-5 middles now. With hopefully thompson gone we have the cap space just no one to fill it with. Surely Tina gets throw a mill now you’d think?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
That's crazy for him to leave the NRL at 27... But we'll take the cap space...

Only problem is we already have cap space with no one to spend it on and have to spend 95% of the cap next year. So an extra 750k with no one to spend it on isn't all that useful unless we can front load some contracts when upgrading players.
We can front load but can't back load, right?

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really hope they focus on other forwards and not focus solely on Haas when I don’t think he’s going to come and he just wants to bump up his price

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We can front load but can't back load, right?
Nah you can back load too. Still up to 100-200k or so per year. You just can't pay 125k, then 800k like Des did with Eastwood anymore. That was the change. But every club has a decent amount of players on front loaded and back loaded deals. You kind of need to, to be able to balance the cap well.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
@KLil one more overrated, overpaid piece of deadwood gone ;)
The first thing that popped In to my head was u lmao.. there is one of those contracts we were talking about earlier.. 1 down 2 to go.

We now have half of that 1.5 million I was talking about earlier.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ding dong the witch is dead. Now for the other 15 underperforming overpaid myths that we have harboring as NRL imposters in our top 30.