Tpj to retire from nrl

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’m not sure we should be taking the boxing story to seriously …

CC hooked him pretty fast after that offload that lead to Knights first try .. and didn’t bring him back on until basically the end of the game … only 27 minutes from our so called elite prop, in a game where we’re getting our ass kick says a lot …

I think some shits gone down, they’ve both come to an agreement and they’re feeding the media …

Jmo .. gut feeling ..
I reckon you are right. IMO, TPJ was far from our biggest problem. He was our only quality middle. We are not better without him. King has fallen off a cliff, Thommo is not up to it, Liam is an okay benchy, no one in cup is ready for the NRL. Hopefully SST comes and is injury free and we get a few more otherwise we will continue to get slapped in the middle. I reckon TPJ signs with the dolphins next year. Fck him

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's my concern as well. 27 minutes last week and still 2nd in metres gained.

We have no one else
Have faith mate .. Gould’s probably already all over it .. there’s players out there like SST and Preston that we couch coaches haven’t even thought about.

TPJ was another over paid Barrett problem that’s needed solving for a while now .. we’ve got to keep weeding out these lazy players on big money and replacing them with hard working players that are the right money options ..

Good players are out there … come pre season I bet we have practically a whole new look team of players that we didn’t even consider ..

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will be playing for a new club around mid 2024 hahaha

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Each week, the decision to move Jacko on becomes worse and worse.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I guarantee this retirement last less than six months and he's playing for the Dolphins next year. Although he won't be on anywhere near that much money ever again.
The whole plan is pretty obvious. Club agrees to mutually part ways with him to create cap space and TPJ can spend the rest of the season fully committed to training for boxing and not have to worry about club commitments. Join the dolphins in the pre-season. He'll probably lose 2- 3 months pay.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The whole plan is pretty obvious. Club agrees to mutually part ways with him to create cap space and TPJ can spend the rest of the season fully committed to training for boxing and not have to worry about club commitments. Join the dolphins in the pre-season. He'll probably lose 2- 3 months pay.
Whoever he signs with isn't paying him more than 400k max. Even then he hasn't shown he's worth that the last couple of years. But he's obviously happy to forfeit the extra money to go somewhere else and we're obviously happy to get rid of him and get 750k back, so it works out well for both parties.

Either way, good riddance.. We don't want players that don't want to be here..

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If he does end up back in league it better not cause us any issues.