Tougher days ahead... much, much tougher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anastabation

Reaction score
Let me start off by saying I am not a pessimistic thinker when it comes to the Bulldogs. I'm a very loyal fan and have alot of faith and confidence in the ability of our current team. But these 4 losses are very bad for us... not because we have a slightly less chance of making the top 4, but because with 2 of our best 3 forwards out injured for several weeks, not to mention the injuries to Perry and Thurling, we face a very tough period... not just because of form... but because of the rep scheduel.

I was just talking to sam on MSN. We both agree that in all likelyhood, Matt Utai, Roy Asotasi, Jamaal Lolesi, Willie Tonga, Andrew Ryan and Mark O'meley will all BACK up from the test match on sunday... or at very least the majority of those will. Our international players either injured or backing up and we are coming off a 4 game losing streak. Very tough. After that we face Parramatta at home, Brisbane away Manly at home and then, minus origin players which we estimated to be Willie Tonga, Mark O'meley, Andrew Ryan & perhaps Braith Anasta we will face THE MELBOURNE STORM at olympic park. A team who traditionally doesn't get incredibly high representations in these games and who beat us down there last year. That week our players BACK UP against our bogey side THE COWBOYS at carrara stadium. The following week we have Souths at home and the much needed BYE heading into origin 2. After our players once again back up from origin, we face another side who doesn't have high representation but has started the season very strongly, another of our bogey side the Canberra Raiders, playing them at the showground. The following week we have Manly at Brookvale (a ground they have won 6 in a row at) and then once again we will face THE STORM minus origin stars heading into origin 3. The week after that, our players back up from origin to play the warriors at erricson.

Suddenly, its round 19 heading into an away game against the panthers.

Mason and sonny bill should be back in a couple of weeks.......

Last edited:

Anastabation

Reaction score
Here is the likely side to play the storm twice.

1 Patten
2 El Masri
3 Lolesi
4 Harris
5 Utai
6 Corey Hughes
7 Sherwin
8 Asotasi
9 Perry if we're lucky
10 Armitt
11 Maitua
12 Myles
13 Grimaldi (c)

14 Brideson
15 Czislowski
16 Cuttler
17 Charlie Tonga

M

Makavelli

Yeh i agree we do have a tough road ahead of us especially during the rep season.But as i said before at this stage im not too worried im just abit pissed off.We all know that its only a matter of time before we start to click and have some luck turn our way.(we've had no luck whatsoever this year)

The only worry for us at the moment is injuries and theres nothing we can do about that,we just have to hope and pray to god that the run of injuries ends.

Im still pretty sure that we can still make the top 4 and possible even the top 2 if we can hit some sort of form soon.

Anastabation

Reaction score
The tough rep scheduel and my prediction of 28 competition points ignores the fact we are in a genuine slump and assumes we'll turn it around this weekend. It also assumes we won;t get any further major injuries to key players.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
i just hope that O'Meley doesnt get selcted for Origin

Anastabation

Reaction score
Premier Ozzy said:
i just hope that O'Meley doesnt get selcted for Origin
I don't hope that happens simply because I know how much the players desire to play origin and I want them to achieve their goals and dreams. But there is no doubt we will benifit from his origin absense, if he is robbed of selection.

Safz

Waterboy
Reaction score
one of the channel 9 dudes...i think voss..asked omeley in the dressin room about origin...and he made it pretty clear that it wasnt really on his mind and that he wanted to concentrate on the club...

Safz

Waterboy
Reaction score
based on their comments...wouldnt be too surprised if that happened..!!
i was just wondering though...can they actually reject origin selection??

Aaron

Utai Slam
Reaction score
O'Meley said: "I'm not to worried about Origin at this stage, i'm focussing on the Bulldogs and getting back into form."

Christabella

Reaction score
anastabation the premier said:
Here is the likely side to play the storm twice.

1 Patten
2 El Masri
3 Lolesi
4 Harris
5 Utai
6 Corey Hughes
7 Sherwin
8 Asotasi
9 Perry if we're lucky
10 Armitt
11 Maitua
12 Myles
13 Grimaldi (c)

14 Brideson
15 Czislowski
16 Cuttler
17 Charlie Tonga
That team is absolutely shocking, however Sonny will be back for the second match and, unless he gets injured between now and then, I believe the selectiors will opt for Barrett at 5/8 rather than Anasta. That should get rid of two of the more useless bench players listed.

Also the Storm will be without Slater and Smith at the very least, possibly one or both centres I even give Hill as much chance of being selected as I'd give Anasta at this moment, i.e not much but a slight possiblity if Barrett is out.

Anastabation

Reaction score
Christabella said:
That team is absolutely shocking, however Sonny will be back for the second match and, unless he gets injured between now and then, I believe the selectiors will opt for Barrett at 5/8 rather than Anasta. That should get rid of two of the more useless bench players listed.

Also the Storm will be without Slater and Smith at the very least, possibly one or both centres I even give Hill as much chance of being selected as I'd give Anasta at this moment, i.e not much but a slight possiblity if Barrett is out.
The thing that scares me is that if we don't pick out form up we could easily find ourselves with only 2 or 3 wins by round 13!

Anastabation

Reaction score
Utai Slam said:
O'Meley said: "I'm not to worried about Origin at this stage, i'm focussing on the Bulldogs and getting back into form."
But that doesn't mean he won't get picked.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
by the looks of that... he is just taking one game at a time rather than thinking ahead...

>iTs A dOgG LyF<

.aka. DoG4LyFe
Reaction score
As fans i think we should only take it one game at a time & not look ahead to rnd 12,13,14 or whatever it is. We have the knights next & must be focused on that.

PATTICAKE

-=BluEnWhitE PriDe=-
Reaction score
wat can be done??? gotta all hang in there i know its hard especially when a few players are likely to be picked for SOO and Australia, i reckon anasta will be picked for sure!!

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I had us penciled in for a loss to the Knights in round 2.

D

Danish

Bulldogs2005 said:
Im still pretty sure that we can still make the top 4 and possible even the top 2 if we can hit some sort of form soon.
Top 2 is just about impossible. Last year to make the top 2 the dogs lost 5 games all year. They will lose at LEAST another 3. Thats 7 losses. 7 will sit them in 4th or 5th depending on how close the comp is. 9 or 10 losses all up could be a problem.

Its only round 6 so its not that much to worry about for fans i spose, but the players and coaches will definitely be doing a few calculations in the coming weeks to figure out who they really need to beat etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.