Tough Times

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lol. We're fucked next season also unless there's some major changes and the NRL reverts back to pre dickhead ball.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I love your optimism @MasterP but I also can't blame anyone for being frustrated.. I'm more frustrated with the NRL itself than anything. Even if we were successful right now I'd still hate what's happened to the sport.

Aside from making signings, I think there needs to be a cleanout of Baz's support staff before next season. I can't see how Ferris and Furner keep their jobs.
Agree. If the club is going to back Barrett as our coach then they need to surround him with better staff.

Who is the best assistant coach out there? Who is the best defensive coach? Who is the best strength and conditioning coach?

Maybe we need to be targeting these guys and throw some money at these positions as our defence is the worst in the NRL and we get physically dominated every week

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Agree. If the club is going to back Barrett as our coach then they need to surround him with better staff.

Who is the best assistant coach out there? Who is the best defensive coach? Who is the best strength and conditioning coach?

Maybe we need to be targeting these guys and throw some money at these positions as our defence is the worst in the NRL and we get physically dominated every week
Barrett acknowledged before he took over that he needed a strong support staff but then he surrounded himself with Furner and Ferris who have no clue. Usually coaches choose their support staff and they let Baz do that but maybe they need to take it out of his hands now because those that he chose aren't up to the task.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have officially hit rock bottom. The worst loss in our clubs history since 1935.

We did win a premiership 3 years later though ....
It’s not our worst loss. That was 91-6

In saying that though it probably should have been. They had 3 or 4 near misses

Dogsup

Waterboy
Reaction score
I love your optimism @MasterP but I also can't blame anyone for being frustrated.. I'm more frustrated with the NRL itself than anything. Even if we were successful right now I'd still hate what's happened to the sport.

Aside from making signings, I think there needs to be a cleanout of Baz's support staff before next season. I can't see how Ferris and Furner keep their jobs.
agree can't handle Furner. Has No love for the club

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Tough times very obvious ain't it, the question is how long would it last? Answer : Quote me on this, "2022 this mighty club will take big steps climbing back to the TOP.
Why: Coach&Board yes that's right, hard work is the most important key to getting back to the TOP and I'm fortunate enough to witness it first hand from both our Coach&Board.
They have been willing to work hard and put everything into this great club and we all know hard work always pays off, whatever you do. In my own eyes, my own ears this Coach&Board have been working tirelessly, leaving no stone's unturned to getting the club back to the TOP.
The thing about hard times is that you get to see everyone's true colors, and that is the reason why I keep coming back in here is all I see is BLUE & F###EN WHITE true SUPPORTERS. Proud to be a BULLDOG!
Premiership for our 90th birthday.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Well your lucky that your close and can see it mate. Anyone else half a step away can't and hope has gone.

a dogs life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If this Dragons story is right and Paul Vaughan is the ring leader because it was at his house, then I don’t want him, or anyone in attendance at our club. Strict no farkwit policy from here on in, if we want to get back to being a professionally run club.

a dogs life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Barrett acknowledged before he took over that he needed a strong support staff but then he surrounded himself with Furner and Ferris who have no clue. Usually coaches choose their support staff and they let Baz do that but maybe they need to take it out of his hands now because those that he chose aren't up to the task.
Now you’re talking.