Totally ripped off

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I’m sure if the kikau try was allowed the momentum would’ve kept going our way but that red is a total f wit
A re-building team like ours needs to keep the momentum running with them to give them confidence. The Kiks try was vital.

Raff

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I agree but we can't control what the refs do unfortunately. The team needs to accept that and focus on improving. Better teams get better calls. Just how it is sadly.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I agree but we can't control what the refs do unfortunately. The team needs to accept that and focus on improving. Better teams get better calls. Just how it is sadly.
True. Should Critta start questioning the ref and stop the play like Gutho then :grinning:

Johnnny2233

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I have watched every game today and it shows how bias last nights game calls were the lighest touch on a fullback just got penalised in the Melbourne game it’s just really unfair

anyways let’s get up at Belmore boys and give a good show

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If contacts made with the ref when scoring a try that’s the refs fault his not part of the game. Especially when it’s Kikau running at a measly Trindall in what fucken world was he stopping him? I think it’s a different game if we score early.

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Head clashes happen but our starting prop was taken out of the match from the first run of the match, there had to have been more duty of care taken from the defender, they can't use fatigue or other excuses that might usually apply.

It hasn't been mentioned, what happened to the defender taking a duty of care, article from 2022 " Ban over head clash a game changer: Finucane "

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Head clashes happen but our starting prop was taken out of the match from the first run of the match, there had to have been more duty of care taken from the defender, they can't use fatigue or other excuses that might usually apply.

It hasn't been mentioned, what happened to the defender taking a duty of care, article from 2022 " Ban over head clash a game changer: Finucane "
I've seen a headclash given a penalty before (careless/reckless) and it should've been as such last night.
It's been in dangerous territory for Bulldogs players for a few seasons now. It is know we have an inferior roster and refs allow other teams to beat up on us and pull the whistle out when we try and give it back.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
How's Hetherington going now with Newcastle. I don't watch any other team except ours. Is he still being pinged for head highs, ruck infringement penalties, looking sideways at the ref like he was with us.

Or is he bring treated differently now being at Newcastle?

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How's Hetherington going now with Newcastle. I don't watch any other team except ours. Is he still being pinged for head highs, ruck infringement penalties, looking sideways at the ref like he was with us.

Or is he bring treated differently now being at Newcastle?
Probably not. He's not in a dogs jersey now.

Sent from my SM-A235F using Tapatalk

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Yes, no being able to use fatigue as a reason as it was 8 seconds into the game

There are a couple of lines in that article you posted which rings true of the incident in our game...

The judiciary panel accepted the right of a defender to come off his line at speed but he must avoid forceful and dangerous contact with the opposing player...

“They have been unsanctioned in the past but obviously moving forward, they are now going to be sanctioning those cases.

“I don’t know if that changes teams’ tactics in terms of how they tackle or the factor of line-speed with the potential to have less time to make tackles.”

I thought that there should have been at least some sort of alarm bells ringing with the contact especially when the same player who was the tackler in that instance, Mcinnes, was done for a dangerous tackle penalty two minutes later.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Officiating has certainly sunk to a new low. Is fekking rubbish across the board. The bunker offers nothing and is a junket for ex officials.
Even the dopey touchie who was 2 metres away from the action didn’t pick up Wilson had clearly put his foot on the line.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Tell you what, if you thought this refereeing performance was bad just wait until round 4 when we play a 0-3 Souths team. The @ss raping will be historic
All the more reason to get it out there that we won't be sucking it up any longer...nor the argy bargy pushing etc either as pointed out by CC.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We got robbed on Friday night. It was disgraceful what happened. We can steal a phase from Bazball and claim the moral victory. We now need to put last week behind us and turn a moral victory into a smashing victory over the Titans. We need to put them to the sword and make a statement. I don't want a win off a streaky last 5min play. We need to build confidence and show the 17 Gould & Ciraldo select is the right one.

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Officiating has certainly sunk to a new low. Is fekking rubbish across the board. The bunker offers nothing and is a junket for ex officials.
Even the dopey touchie who was 2 metres away from the action didn’t pick up Wilson had clearly put his foot on the line.
They miss everything. It's just incredible.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
They miss everything. It's just incredible.
The focus seems to have been moved away from competent fair adjudication of the rules into massaging "entertainment" with rules a bendy, optional nuisance lol

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only rip off is fans spending money to watch the guys out in a half assed effort every week.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The focus seems to have been moved away from competent fair adjudication of the rules into massaging "entertainment" with rules a bendy, optional nuisance lol
V'Landys has said it's all about the eye balls who watch the game and cashing in on the betting markets. Rugby League has always lived off gambling and controversy. The formation of some clubs was based around gambling (Illawarra, Canberra & Gold Coast-Tweed) and the collapse of the Brisbane competition was due to lack of gambling funds hence the Broncos being formed as a one-town private enterprise. Newcastle tried to be a community club. If it wasn't for Super League/ARL war, Chief driving the bus and a once in a generation talent coming through at a time they could use outside sources to keep him at Newcastle the Knights might have collapsed sooner. The League never wanted to go down the Wests path. The NRL finally went down the Wests path after Tinkler's failure.