Topine

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think the way we are playing our 'utility' role is an absolute joke. Our team isn't fit enough to warrant a player getting 7mins a game. Seriously we may as well just name 16 players. We can't rely on someone possibly being injured to justify picking a player.

What did we do in the off season. Majority of the recruits are underdone. Ive never seen JAC look fatigued like he has with us. We let them have an extended break, we let TPJ box and what not instead of being at pre season and it shows now. Not only that wtf did we do in pre season. Fitness obviously wasnt a focus.

The rotations just don't make sense. Yes we want TPJ to play 80 but we also want to win. His last 20mins he was a liability because he was cooked. Jackson shouldn't be playing 80 either. He makes poor decisions under fatigue. JMK isn't an 70-80min hooker either for the same reason as Jackson. If we get injuries during the game at the guys have to play bigger mins then so be it but FMD why put our players under more pressure.

BBO - 7mins
Tsikrikas- 23 mins
Stimson - 34mins.

Why?

I don't like to criticise without coming up with an alternative. Couldn't we play Topine at 14? Could play hooker if needed and also fill in the backrow. Maybe centre, probably better option than waddell was last night in that instance.

We can't have a forward playing 23 mins either. Imo
JMK 50-60
Thompson 40-50
Vaughan 40-50
Waddell 50-60
TPJ 50-60
Jackson 50-60

Topine 40
King 30-40
Stimson 30-40
Ava/Patolo or whoever 30

Obviously things never work out perfect but we should be aiming for something above so each player can contribute under reduced fatigue

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
From all accounts Topine is not setting the world on fire in reggies. He needs to be hungrier to succeed.

Let's not go off the talk of his potential last year.

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m no analyst, but I thought Topine was our only shining light (and possibly Schoup) in 2021. I can believe he hasn’t been sighted. Agree, play him 14…..or even 9 or 13 I would think…

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m no analyst, but I thought Topine was our only shining light (and possibly Schoup) in 2021. I can believe he hasn’t been sighted. Agree, play him 14…..or even 9 or 13 I would think…
How on earth was he a shining light? Schoupp, BBO??? Topine didn’t hVe any good games in 2021, just came onto the field and did a job?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's been quiet in Reserves but I thought he was solid last season in FG. I'd rather him than Stimson on the bench so it's worth giving him a shot at some stage in another lost season.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No way Baz stays . Topine was great last year .. why hasn’t he had another go? I’m over the Baz show

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
From all accounts Topine is not setting the world on fire in reggies. He needs to be hungrier to succeed.

Let's not go off the talk of his potential last year.
Would you rather Topine get 30 or so minutes to show if he has improved at all or play BBO 7mins? With an even share of the ball and stoppages Barrett is giving him about 2-3mins of attack

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Lol so overrated on here, what the fuck has he seriously shown in reserves or first grade to get a run? Nothing. Can we stop putting him as our ‘future’ plans because its just more deadwood.

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lol so overrated on here, what the fuck has he seriously shown in reserves or first grade to get a run? Nothing. Can we stop putting him as our ‘future’ plans because its just more deadwood.
I'm only looking at available players in the 30 who could fill that role instead of playing somone 7 minutes while half our pack in walking because they can't handle the minutes expected of them. Topine could fill hooker plus relieve forward rotation.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I'm only looking at available players in the 30 who could fill that role instead of playing somone 7 minutes while half our pack in walking because they can't handle the minutes expected of them. Topine could fill hooker plus relieve forward rotation.
Just don’t bench someone for 73 mins. So incompetent at coaching lol. Topine isn’t first grade material, never will be.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Topine seems to have peaked at very average NSW Cup level - one of hii strengths in juniors was he was always on the ball very busy with hit ups, backing up breaks n solid defence - this year in gamesiv seen he has been pedestrian with the ball and not able to dominate defensively.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Topine seems to have peaked at very average NSW Cup level - one of hii strengths in juniors was he was always on the ball very busy with hit ups, backing up breaks n solid defence - this year in gamesiv seen he has been pedestrian with the ball and not able to dominate defensively.
Probably on a downer bc he isnt being considered by Barrett.

We seem to make a habit of having very promising players just fall by the wayside bc of coaches preferring their dumb faves for some reason.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Topine > Waddell and Stimson.