Top Dog Foran says best is ahead of him

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do match payments work with the salary cap anyways? You'd have to leave a chunk of your salary cap (I don't even know if they're allowed) just in case he didn't get injured. I mean there's no way you could negotiate with him to change his current contract, if it was possible it'd only be if we resigned him for 2021.
Don’t think match payment contracts are allowed anymore there is a min wage

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How do match payments work with the salary cap anyways? You'd have to leave a chunk of your salary cap (I don't even know if they're allowed) just in case he didn't get injured. I mean there's no way you could negotiate with him to change his current contract, if it was possible it'd only be if we resigned him for 2021.
Thats wrong to reduce a players money because of injury he sustained playing the game. It's also ignorant considering his involvement in setting up every try last night.
Rabbitohs came to win , for us to keep them try less and even put two tries on them via Forans go forward is the height of ignorance not to recognise that

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He won't even last 5 minutes on the field. He will get injured again.
Well that did not happen and he actually had a really good game. Made me eat my words all right....

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Thats wrong to reduce a players money because of injury he sustained playing the game. It's also ignorant considering his involvement in setting up every try last night.
Rabbitohs came to win , for us to keep them try less and even put two tries on them via Forans go forward is the height of ignorance not to recognise that
I'm not sure what you mean, but if we were to resign Foran it would have to be for 500k max. The reason for this is I do this he's 1m player, but he plays half the season on average (over the last 2 years, he has next season to prove what his body is capable of too) and it's pretty likely that he'll be injured during the finals if we made it. I was just asking a question based on what someone else posted above. I wouldn't do match payments and I don't think it'd work/be allowed anyways.