Top Dog Foran says best is ahead of him

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Whats the story with these crippled Manly players during the Hasler GF era? Stewart Brothers, Matai, Foran

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can hate on him when he turned us down multiple times in the past and only signed for us years later when he was broken down and on a fat contract that nobody was even close to matching. I can also hate on the idiots that offered him that contract
But like a girl that keeps turning you down when she’s young, hot and popular then to only show interest when all those assets are worn down.

... not bitter

Apercots

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
So did this article confirm Foran is playing tonight? NRL site still saying no

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
What’s his earning capacity after footy?
Can’t blame him for wanting to play on. I do hope it’s not with the dogs as you need continuity in your halves to be successful. It will only hold back the potential of Lewis or Cogger if he stays.
No one is blaming him for wanting to play on, at the current rate he is asking for a million and only playing 12ish games a year. No one in the nrl will offer Foz a contract over 300k and even than o wouldn't. Super league is his best option unless next year he plays 20 plus games and shows he is Foz of old.

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
"But I'm 29 now. I know at best I've got three or four great years left in my body.
3 or 4 great matches you mean....fmd. As long as those years arent at the dogs im happy

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I laugh every time I see the title of this thread

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He has about ten stories written like this about him every season full of delusional quotes like these.

Just stop talking and infuriating the fans even more and enjoy your Des Hasler pension.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have not been calling for Pay to be sacked, but if he picks Foran again and gets re injured then he should not be picked again not even for CC comp.
If Foran gets injured again, and Pay picks him again it will prove that while he was one of the toughest forwards to play the game, he is mentally very week.

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I have not been calling for Pay to be sacked, but if he picks Foran again and gets re injured then he should not be picked again not even for CC comp.
If Foran gets injured again, and Pay picks him again it will prove that while he was one of the toughest forwards to play the game, he is mentally very week.
Theres too much cap invested in him to bench him

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting, from the outside it looks like he is after another money grab. However he is father is filthy loaded, worth something like $100 million.

You would think he genuinely wants to play. If that is so, then let him take a massive pay cut.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-walmart-compensation-proxy-idUSKBN17M2PU

Greg Foran, head of the U.S. business, received total compensation of $11.55 million, a slight increase from $11.54 million a year ago.

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
"I know my only chance of being a part of that is playing great footy week in, week out. If I'm injured or not playing good footy, I'm a realist and know I won't be a part of their plans moving forward.
In any case, as long as there is a chance, regardless if it's 1%, competitors have this mind set. Otherwise they wouldn't be where they're today, just my opinion.
I like Foran.he adds another dimension and some maturity to our attack.just a shame his body has let him down these past couple of years.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
In Fozzy we trust

rissolerob

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Anyone else think it's about time they stop whinging about Foran and Pay. Someone or something has improved our team 200% in the last six or seven weeks so why not give credit where credit is due. Foran would never have wanted to get injured ( and I'm led to believe part of his problem was poor rehab methods etc at " previous " clubs.) His efforts when he makes it on to the field have been excellent and he is that touch of class that maybe has been lacking.
Anyone can give their opinion on what players/coach should be dumped or kept or whatever but pretty well none of us know what the club is up to and they will never tell us and some of the rubbish written on this forum does not help anyone.
Just my opinion.