Opinion Top 8 watch: Next 7 weeks - chance to climb the ladder

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Penrith raiders most likely we drop points the rest all winnable

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watching teams like parra, warriors, dragons and roosters. We are arguably better than these teams . We have more balance, play more consistent . If we keep it up , I don’t see how those teams are going to finish on top of us

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Watching teams like parra, warriors, dragons and roosters. We are arguably better than these teams . We have more balance, play more consistent . If we keep it up , I don’t see how those teams are going to finish on top of us
Canberra and the timtams are less chance than those teams

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
ONE

GAME

AT

A

TIME

Dont get ahead of yourselves.
While we've shown a lot of positive signs on the surface we've still only beaten an awful Titans, Roosters with a man down and Knights without Ponga for a half so there is a long way to go

But man it's been so long that we've legitimately been able to discuss finishing top 8 so I've just decided to roll with it for a week or two

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
While we've shown a lot of positive signs on the surface we've still only beaten an awful Titans, Roosters with a man down and Knights without Ponga for a half so there is a long way to go

But man it's been so long that we've legitimately been able to discuss finishing top 8 so I've just decided to roll with it for a week or two
All good, I'm brimming with enthusiasm about our sides improvement too.

Just hope people don't lose sight of how good a team we've become if a couple of results go against us.

It's a process and I genuinely think Gus and Ciro are heading us in the right direction

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I reckon we have a chance against Raiders. They have lost Fogarty and Rapana and will have rookies for half their spin. Don't have an established hooker. Though have a good forward pack. Especially if Whitehead and Horsborough come back.

I reckon the way the Tigers and Dragons are playing where in with a shot with these as well. But its after our 2nd bye from rd 16 we have 3 games before our 3rd bye against Roosters away and then at home to Warriors and Sharks.

So between the 2nd and 3rd byes is a potential 10 points. We will get 4 but we need to win at least one of these games. I think maybe the warriors maybe winable looking what the Titans done today.

If we win one of the three games we will be on 20 points going into round 20. That means winning 5 of our last 8 games. Last 8 games are not too bad. Only Broncos and Warriors away are hard. The rest are bottom 8 sides apart from Phins and Manly but we play them at home and who knows by then if they are stll in the top 8.

So I think we need to go on a winning streak up to Raiders and this will give us breathing space lol. Cause I reckon its going to be a sh** fight for the 8. Its good we can score now and have good defence as I reckon the points difference is going to be vital.
I think Panthers, Broncos, Sharks, Storm, Roosters, Manly are a lock for the top 8.
Warriors, Bulldogs and Dolphins due to their easy ass draw fight it out for the last 2 spots. Outliers are flat track bullies in Cowboys and Eels pending Moses return.

Like you said we need to beat Tigers, Raiders, Dragons and Knights in Newy.
The real important game is round 14 v Parra before the second bye, Moses will be back, but I'd like to think they boys will be out for revenge after round 1 loss...same goes for the Sharks game a few weeks later.

Johnnny2233

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We will beat the tigers too much speed right and left and power strength determination to winn games lock api up and that’s it

Johnnny2233

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I reckon we have a chance against Raiders. They have lost Fogarty and Rapana and will have rookies for half their spin. Don't have an established hooker. Though have a good forward pack. Especially if Whitehead and Horsborough come back.

I reckon the way the Tigers and Dragons are playing where in with a shot with these as well. But its after our 2nd bye from rd 16 we have 3 games before our 3rd bye against Roosters away and then at home to Warriors and Sharks.

So between the 2nd and 3rd byes is a potential 10 points. We will get 4 but we need to win at least one of these games. I think maybe the warriors maybe winable looking what the Titans done today.

If we win one of the three games we will be on 20 points going into round 20. That means winning 5 of our last 8 games. Last 8 games are not too bad. Only Broncos and Warriors away are hard. The rest are bottom 8 sides apart from Phins and Manly but we play them at home and who knows by then if they are stll in the top 8.

So I think we need to go on a winning streak up to Raiders and this will give us breathing space lol. Cause I reckon its going to be a sh** fight for the 8. Its good we can score now and have good defence as I reckon the points difference is going to be vital.
We will win definitely 3 out of 4 of those games the Penrith one will be a big and hard game but they are beatable more than ever atm

I think taylan may side is the way to go he is not playing to his potential he likes to run out of the line which give us plenty of space to blindside him

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

seriously talk about getting ahead of yourself...let's first get past the tigers who are no easy beats

Hounddub

Waterboy
Reaction score
We haven't even strung back-to-back wins together yet. However, of the next 5 games we've got reason to be optimistic.

Take a look at the draw for rounds 16-18....that's a little more scary