Opinion Top 8 watch: Next 7 weeks - chance to climb the ladder

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I expect us to sit right on 8th spot by the end of the week. Panthers should beat the Cows or at least expected to and Sharks should be too strong for the Raiders who are without Fogarty and should win by a fair margin.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How many points is considered safe to be playing finals football?

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
yes I looked at this as well and I thought it would happen via warriors and dragons winning so that we jumped the roosters and then get in depending on cowboys and raiders losing.

But instead surprise warrriors lost and roosters thrash dragons. But thats even better because it knocks two teams out of the race for the 8. Now we can wait for cowboys and raiders.

We could get in the 8 without having played a game. Wow who would have thought. I hope this inspires and the Doggies commit to getting into the top 8 and play finals footy again.

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Dragons is an absolute must win
Knights x2 without Ponga (if he is also out this week) we should be winning
Tigers 60/40 if we play to our potential
Raiders will be tough
Penrith no chance

this puts us at 6 wins (12 + 3 byes = 18pts) with another 11 games to go and would leave us needing 6 out of those last 11 to hit 30pts for the 8.

dare to dream?
I reckon we have a chance against Raiders. They have lost Fogarty and Rapana and will have rookies for half their spin. Don't have an established hooker. Though have a good forward pack. Especially if Whitehead and Horsborough come back.

I reckon the way the Tigers and Dragons are playing where in with a shot with these as well. But its after our 2nd bye from rd 16 we have 3 games before our 3rd bye against Roosters away and then at home to Warriors and Sharks.

So between the 2nd and 3rd byes is a potential 10 points. We will get 4 but we need to win at least one of these games. I think maybe the warriors maybe winable looking what the Titans done today.

If we win one of the three games we will be on 20 points going into round 20. That means winning 5 of our last 8 games. Last 8 games are not too bad. Only Broncos and Warriors away are hard. The rest are bottom 8 sides apart from Phins and Manly but we play them at home and who knows by then if they are stll in the top 8.

So I think we need to go on a winning streak up to Raiders and this will give us breathing space lol. Cause I reckon its going to be a sh** fight for the 8. Its good we can score now and have good defence as I reckon the points difference is going to be vital.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We could be in the 8 after this Anzac weekend!

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol love how u want to look at what will happen in the 7 weeks. How about we focus on the tigers because trying to predict what will happen in 7 weeks is dangerous!

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Would be great if results go our way and we get in the 8. Would be greater if we win next game.

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it wasn’t for our CTE second half against the roosters we’d be ahead of them on F/A

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk