Opinion Top 8 watch: Next 7 weeks - chance to climb the ladder

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
In your opinion do you think the Jackson Topine court case will slow our recent progress down.
How far we have come as a team this year is beyond anyones wildest dreams.
I think we can beat anyone on any given Sunday!
CC and Gus have done an amazing job, myself at present I’m really down about the court case, it’s pretty pathetic what he has done.
Hoping the dream continues!!!
I suppose time will tell!
The topine case won't have an effect on the team. The club got rid of a whole lot of deadwood from last season probably in somewhat of an ugly fashion and the players seem relieved that the slackers have left the club.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The Tigers will be much tougher than the Knights. They’re playing better than their position on the ladder and they’ll be planning for an ambush so it’s definitely a danger game for us. We need to come out with intensity from opening kick off.
This is literally the first game this year we’ve opened comfortable favourites so hopefully the team is composed enough to get the job done.
Agree.

But I hope we smash the shit out of them and all down our right edge with preston, critta and kiraz purely for the deluded BS their fans think

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im all for positive vibes in here but some of us need to relax calling us prem contenders, id honestly give anything for that to be true but lets be realistic for now and take it week on week, we ve won some good ones this year but the souths game does show we can have some poor days, hopefully we dont repeat a performance like that on sat

Bullfrog2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The topine case won't have an effect on the team. The club got rid of a whole lot of deadwood from last season probably in somewhat of an ugly fashion and the players seem relieved that the slackers have left the club.
It’s like taking a breath of fresh air!
Finally instead of our season being over by Easter we can now think of finals football!
If we dust the tigers I will be so looking forward to the panthers game!
Any given Sunday!

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If it goes to court the players will have to front up being witnesses.
So yeah they will be dragged through it.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Agree.

But I hope we smash the shit out of them and all down our right edge with preston, critta and kiraz purely for the deluded BS their fans think
Calm down

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The first 2 rounds from us, you can excuse, a brand new team with several new players, 1st game especially was very clunky from us. But even then we pushed Cronulla at Cronulla. The sharks obviously had an off game vs tigers

But every round since then, we've taken a step in the right direction. Even vs souths, the majority of the game was spent at Souths try line, we were just clunky in attack and even though Gerrard Sutton tried to fuck us, we still should have won that game.

Also their win against Parra, was the first time parra played without moses, they're a different team when moses plays.
The consistency has been there since round 1 defensively, adamant this Tigers outfit isn’t scoring more than 2. Purely down to the their halves department lacking any sort of extravagance there’s nothing they can throw at us we haven’t seen before. I barely recall a prop running through us of late our tackling technique is a night and day difference thanks to Ciraldo.

Tigers will aim up they always do against us, vice versa. Will be really impressed if we can rack up a score line here what a statement that would be, enjoying shutting teams out as apposed to inflicting 40+ after the pass few years though. We’ve shown consistency which is key hope we can build some momentum for the Penrith game.

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Well we have seen Parra is volnurable. I don't think its just Moses. They have had pretty good players for a while and don't seem to click that often. When they do they can be great. But if we can exploit those weakneses then we have a chance.

By out performances against Storm and Roosters and our last effort which showed we can do it for nearly 80 minutes I think we can go close against most teams. Maybe Panthers and Broncos are the toughest with Sharks close behind. The rest its really open for us to win if we keep playing like we have.
Most teams can be defeated by our team, factors involved, timing, etc dogs just have to keep putting in a performance and a bit of craftiness here and there. Plenty of teams are potentially just like Parra, ready to crumble, some running hot at the moment. We look like a team that opposition need to be on their game otherwise we'd win. Already saw it with a couple (and possibly the sharks game till end) that we could've won.
We've seen the best of some teams and I don't think they can keep at it throughout the season as they are but Bulldogs have depth and look like we're gearing up to regular performances.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Ciraldo has formulated a different Game plan for every side we have played this year, and every time the boys have stuck to the game plan we have either won or been very close against the better sides. There will be no "Ambush" we simply haven't won enough games for complacency to creep in and CC doesn't seem the type to let that happen anyway. We are going to fucking destroy the tigers.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don't think it will, if they give evidence they'll do their turn and that'll be it. The coaching staff will keep them on track
Our legal team will be pushing for it to take place in the off season anyway I'd imagine.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Just went to the NRL site being team list tuesday and i spotted the below there. WTF? Am i the only person who didnt know we are in the 8 right now.

1714458728240.png

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
thought we would be just outside the 8 with more losses than wins. But the bye got us there, as well as our improved F/A recently

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
My Mrs is a tigers supporter. We have been together for 10 years and have gone to most games together since then. I have not been to a dogs vs tigers game with her and gone home the loser. I will be attending next Saturday.
If the dogs win,
Make her wear a dogs jersey
And only, a dogs jersey lol