Toovey attacks referees after Manly loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Okay, rather than admit he's started to become somewhat of a failed coach with his side putting together a few losses, instead he blames the ref.

Must be so hard to admit you got outplayed by the very coach you replaced.

From NRL.COM

Manly coach Geoff Toovey has launched a surprising attack on the two NRL referees who oversaw the Sea Eagles' 20-12 loss to Canterbury on Friday night.

A visibly angry Toovey said his men were let down by several decisions by Brett Cummins and Brett Suttor in the much-anticipated grudge match marking the return of Bulldogs coach Des Hasler to Brookvale Oval.

"(The Bulldogs) had a bit of luck, but I think the two blokes in the middle didn't help," he said in the post-match press conference.

"I have to query the league and say where's the best two referees in the game for this game tonight? Because the blokes in the middle were definitely not the best two for this job.

"They had terrible games. Terrible decisions.

"I can't wait until they try and explain some of them."

Toovey questioned the decision to allow the Bulldogs' second try, accusing winger Sam Perrett of being a metre offside from Josh Reynolds kick.

He also labelled the penalties "a lucky dip" and said the Bulldogs got the "fair rub of the green" when it came to certain decisions.

"Maybe, like other coaches in the competition, I need to go have a meeting with them, like certain other coaches do," Toovey said.

"I've had discussions at the beginning of the year and, mate, they just say 'no, you're wrong and we're right'. That's it, that's as far as it goes.

"It's pointless."

Co-captain Jamie Lyon agreed with his coach's call for a return to one central referee, saying his appeals to the on-field officials fell on deaf ears.

"They don't listen," he said.

"I definitely tried to talk to them a couple of times.

"(They said) they'll look at it and tell you to go away, like they usually do.

"Once they get their mind made up, that's it. They don't want to go into too much."
How many more losses before the fans turn on Toovey?

Seriously they got the blow of the whistle, and I'm not sure what game Toovey was watching but their players weren't onside all night and won the count like 8-4 or something.

Only one explaination.. TOOVEY IS....

BUTTHURT

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
We should be the ones complaining about the high shots !

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
And They dont ignore Ennis & tell him to go away do they, Jamie Lyon ??

Matai seemed to talk to the refs most anyway !!

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Okay, rather than admit he's started to become somewhat of a failed coach with his side putting together a few losses, instead he blames the ref.

Must be so hard to admit you got outplayed by the very coach you replaced.

From NRL.COM

How many more losses before the fans turn on Toovey?

Seriously they got the blow of the whistle, and I'm not sure what game Toovey was watching but their players weren't onside all night and won the count like 8-4 or something.

Only one explaination.. TOOVEY IS....

BUTTHURT
LOL Mr I, Manly's waterboy is doing a great job with Manly sitting on the edge of the 8 a few more losses and mad Monday will come to Brookie sooner rather than later hahaha

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a decent display of a poor loser.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww biased waterboy

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ref complaint? WTF? LOL suck my my doodle............

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow. This is delusional.

There are refereeing decisions which are a matter of interpretation and judgement - is a tackle dangerous, how much slowing down around the ruck is legal etc.

Claiming Perrett was a metre offside is simply a lie. A flat out bull****ting fib. I'm just looking at the footage again now. Reynolds is about 12m from the line when he kicks and Perrett is about 14m out as it leaves Reynolds's boot. Correct me if my maths is poor, but 14-12 is not minus 1.

Cretin. Desperate lying cretin.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The attitude of Tooveys is near identical to that of (many) of the Manly fanbase. "it's not us it's you and everyones against us"

I love how he forgets to mention coaching his players to hit high, or work the legs.

Round 2 against the Knights is coming up soon .. I hope they get absolutely pumped by them again.

the_gamee

Kennel Established
Reaction score
View attachment 19978

Hey toovs.. eat a **** :grinning:

It took me 1 min to make you look like an idiot, image how stupid the NRL Referees are going to think you are.

the_gamee

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No worries.

But we also had Graham hit high twice (obvious ones, im sure there were actually 5 to the letter of the law), the first was his first hit up and they busted his nose, and the same could be said about Tolman, his lip was busted open the tackle after Graham (from memory) and both were no penalty.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Oi Toovey ya d'head, take a look at this picture..

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...pointments-for-vital-game-20120720-22g3q.html

Correct me if I'm wrong but a defending player can't tackle a player in the air?

If so and Perrett scores it should have been an 8 point try!
ok I'll correct you :p That was actually fair mate. You are allowed to tackle the attacking player going for a bomb, however not the other way around (tackling the defender in the air)

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hahahahahaha. Is the waterboy for real?! Must sting bad losing to 15 men at home... Anyone got more straws for Adam Sandler?

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
lol toovey....cant cop a loss and admit that his team were beaten....just as pathetic as their fans tbh

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
What a biased sook.

Your ****ty team were never ever going to win that game, refs on our side or not.

It seems Manly fans have already started to turn on him on the Silvertails forum. Just LOL

Almobro

Gunner
Reaction score
This bloke can suck me off along with manly's bogan supporters.

[FKN-SIK]

Gigidy Gigidy
Reaction score
Did he attack the ref's heads like he instructed his players to? Filthy grubs they got away with so much and still couldn't win!

Water sucks, it really really sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.