Status
Not open for further replies.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
This ASADA investigation is the greatest crock of shit I've ever heard.

If they actually had any evidence they would have named the offenders and punished them. Can you imagine if the police ran their investigations this way ? Releasing snippets about who the suspects were and cancelling interviews.

The NRL should stand up to these idiots and demand if they have proof they should lay it out or piss off and stop disrupting the season.

I can just see it now. It's become such a farce, they will need to ping someone so they don't look stupid. Guilt may just become a secondary consideration.
The NRL won't stand up to them because they are trying to cover it up.

I think they begged Todd to join to clean up their mess

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just watched rooters smash dragqueens.

Watched how cooper scored drags second try off Fein's kick when roosters defence came up in numbers.

Now it might be a very simply point and obvious to all, but why our halves dont put a kick through when 3-4 defenders come up to block T rex every single time??

Flat footed or not, anyone would be able to create holes in defence when you attract 3-4 defenders.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just watched rooters smash dragqueens.

Watched how cooper scored drags second try off Fein's kick when roosters defence came up in numbers.

Now it might be a very simply point and obvious to all, but why our halves dont put a kick through when 3-4 defenders come up to block T rex every single time??

Flat footed or not, anyone would be able to create holes in defence when you attract 3-4 defenders.
Only Pritchard can grubber kick. I bet Bupa can as well! Kas, who knows?

GeneralLee01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
At this point Tony Williams is not up to 1st grade, being big and strong isn't enough, he needs to go back to NSW cup or lower and learn how to run onto a pass, find involvement in a game, put your hand up and take a run out of your own end even though you have no where to go and will probably get smashed, stand in a tackle and off load and for christ sake get out of the backline or at least stand on side in it. In my opinion these should be the general requirements for a $600 plus thousand dollar player a year. He needs to demand some ball of a set play a tap a scrum a short pass on the line. Something. Have a go or go back to the minors as a kid from the 20's will give more effort.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They probably wont send him to nsw cup because it would make them look stupid after the massive paycheck they put him on. Des is stubborn so i expect rex to play throughout the year no matter how bad he plays

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I havent been impressed by Williams yet, and tbh i wasnt sure why we bought him to begin with, back when they got him. BUt that being said nobody in the side has been playing great, and most of the side have been taking the ball standing still and running a few metres to be tackled. even superstars like Morris and Barba are not taking the ball on the run.

Williams might go better when our side starts making yards up the middle and putting the defense on the back foot, so our attack has some depth and space to move, and we start running onto balls.

Eagle eye

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's tricky.

You can't name a player not proven as 100% guilty. That'd have them hauled into the courts for defamation.

Peptides don't stay in the system for long, so testing now for them is useless. Therefore they can't get proof that way. Instead they are relying much on heresay, and the word of other players. In the case of 2 big names they know they did it, but they do not have witnesses proving so. As a result they are leaning on players they believe are also involved, so that someone will "break the ice" so to speak, and drop others in it to save their own career.

If all the players stay tight lipped on it, nothing will be able to happen.

All it takes however is a deal between a player and ASADA to give them complete immunity, and the floodgates will open.

This is why someone has a firm hold on the broom, and is furiously sweeping under the rug (if you catch my drift).
It goes from bad to worse.

They only name they come up with is Jon Mannah. What a disgraceful pack of pricks ASADA are.
Seriously ? Do they have no shame at all ?

How Tim maintains his composure is a credit to the man. I would have gone off my nut publicly.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I hope the Mannah's sue and win, big!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It goes from bad to worse.

They only name they come up with is Jon Mannah. What a disgraceful pack of pricks ASADA are.
Seriously ? Do they have no shame at all ?

How Tim maintains his composure is a credit to the man. I would have gone off my nut publicly.
Mate it was disgusting that article. Truly bottom of the barrel stuff from all three reporters.

Of course they've lit the wick and it's gone everywhere in the media now, so despite having passed, his name will now be forever smeared with this rubbish.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Isn't Williams due to be a father soon from looking at his instagram? Maybe he is more focused on becoming a father and is finding it hard to mix his emotions and his job currently, people should lay off the big guy and let Des do his work with him.

Also on the Mannah article, do the media even think anymore? If I was in his close family (parents and siblings) I would be asking for action most likely legal.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Isn't Williams due to be a father soon from looking at his instagram? Maybe he is more focused on becoming a father and is finding it hard to mix his emotions and his job currently, people should lay off the big guy and let Des do his work with him.

Also on the Mannah article, do the media even think anymore? If I was in his close family (parents and siblings) I would be asking for action most likely legal.
Australias media are starting to look like a TMZ program

Alphamale

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I for one would like to see him used as the main kick return forward for as long as it takes for him to remember what it's like to get more involved and run onto the ball at full speed with distance between him and the defence. He may then be able to apply that same mindset to the rest of the game

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
At this point Tony Williams is not up to 1st grade, being big and strong isn't enough, he needs to go back to NSW cup or lower and learn how to run onto a pass, find involvement in a game, put your hand up and take a run out of your own end even though you have no where to go and will probably get smashed, stand in a tackle and off load and for christ sake get out of the backline or at least stand on side in it. In my opinion these should be the general requirements for a $600 plus thousand dollar player a year. He needs to demand some ball of a set play a tap a scrum a short pass on the line. Something. Have a go or go back to the minors as a kid from the 20's will give more effort.
I've got to agree with you General. I've said it before and I'll say it here: "Whenever Tony Williams is on the field he reduces our forwards to a five man pack". It might be different if he had a bit of a go , but he wont.

And as for the $600K plus player, its a bit like buying a car. It doesn't matter what it cost, its how it goes that counts. So while T-Rex hasn't got many kilometres on the clock, how about we trade him in?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just wanna see him stand deeper and make some runs with or without the ball, at least he would be trying something. Jogging from a standing start will never work for him, to his credit he is being targetted and shut down.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I just wanna see him stand deeper and make some runs with or without the ball, at least he would be trying something. Jogging from a standing start will never work for him, to his credit he is being targetted and shut down.
THIS..

If he stands deeper, gets quality ball, hits the line with some pace, and runs wider, he is near unstoppable. Add in the mega fend that he has too.

He can break a team as much as SBW / Burgess / Taylor can when he's on his game.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I really think he is scared, that's why he doesn't run onto the ball

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Play him at prop so he can face his fears about running onto the ball..

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've got to agree with you General. I've said it before and I'll say it here: "Whenever Tony Williams is on the field he reduces our forwards to a five man pack". It might be different if he had a bit of a go , but he wont.

And as for the $600K plus player, its a bit like buying a car. It doesn't matter what it cost, its how it goes that counts. So while T-Rex hasn't got many kilometres on the clock, how about we trade him in?
He might just need a tune up!

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I really think he is scared, that's why he doesn't run onto the ball
Fear? No chance.

He just doesn't understand our team structure yet. TBH I don't understand it either!

Come on Dogs I still have faith in you!

Status
Not open for further replies.