Tony Abbott

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.A.Baracus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
also B.A- these policy holders had the definitions of what they were covered for in writing, if they chose not to inform themselves on their level of coverage I think they have only themselves to blame.
http://www.facebook.com/floodinsurancefairness

I take it you've never been in a position where amajor company is ripping you off or making you sign some ****..

Ghost of Dime

Future1stGrader
Reaction score
Two similar parties my ass, the simple fact is that labour sold their souls in the last two elections knowing full well that their party policies were unpopular and the only way they could win power was to mouth promises the public wanted to hear- very few of which have come to fruition. The Coalition may have moderated their stance to a degree, but at least they have maintained the integrity of their party.

Ghost of Dime

Future1stGrader
Reaction score
http://www.facebook.com/floodinsurancefairness

I take it you've never been in a position where amajor company is ripping you off or making you sign some ****..
how were they 'forced' into the policies? It's a shame they didn't look into the level of cover better, but the fact remains that a large number of insurance policies are purchased on purely the basis of price comparison. Like most things in life, you get what you pay for- I may empathise with the flood victims, but there is little incentive for anyone to adequately insure themselves if they can expect a handout when the sht hits the fan.

Ghost of Dime

Future1stGrader
Reaction score
Am I reading this correctly? Baracus is in favour of state owned media?

B.A.Baracus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
in western countries we have recessions and downturns. in despot countries you have millions starved, low life expectancy and limited rights. I will take the recession please. Thank-you.
Most despots were put in power by the west anyway so thier coporations can rape the land and exploit the poor in the name of free trade. I wonder how well off we'd be if we didn't get cheap imports from these 3rd world countries. Hell, our own farmers only get 5 cents per litre for milk.

Some become "despots" only if they don't bend over for the Yanks. Eg: Fidel Castro.

B.A.Baracus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Two similar parties my ass, the simple fact is that labour sold their souls in the last two elections knowing full well that their party policies were unpopular and the only way they could win power was to mouth promises the public wanted to hear- very few of which have come to fruition. The Coalition may have moderated their stance to a degree, but at least they have maintained the integrity of their party.
NO politicians have integrity. And you hit the nailon the head about Labour and what they did to win POWER.

THAT is the problem. We vote them into OFFICE, not into POWER.

B.A.Baracus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The US make many mistakes which the world pays for. I cannot agree with that statement "it's not america's fault."

Look at their record.

B.A.Baracus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
power is just a loose term. obviously its the power of the government office. you are desperate.
No, they want power. Labor, Libs, Greens, they are all ****wits.

We're bigger ****wits for playing their game.

Ghost of Dime

Future1stGrader
Reaction score
how were they 'forced' into the policies? It's a shame they didn't look into the level of cover better, but the fact remains that a large number of insurance policies are purchased on purely the basis of price comparison. Like most things in life, you get what you pay for- I may empathise with the flood victims, but there is little incentive for anyone to adequately insure themselves if they can expect a handout when the sht hits the fan.
I'm interested to see this point addressed

B.A.Baracus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Commie? I'd rather we go back to the days I was called a troll.

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
its a mistake for the US to back some dictators in the name of stability, but before the US backs a new guy theres an old dictator who operated the same without US backing. its not americas fault, they had garbage before and the west had nothing to do with it.

Now this is a naive statement

Do you think its a mistake then to give these dictators billions of dollars in aid?

F R 3 D 5 7 A

√ [ό] √
Reaction score
Now this is a naive statement

Do you think its a mistake then to give these dictators billions of dollars in aid?
The US backs a dictator even up until the last few weeks. Then when the people revolt against the dictator, the US save face and ride the wave. Utter hypocrisy.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Its the way of certain groups to blame the Americans, but they forget its their own ****ed up people who landed their country in the spot it is in

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
they only back dictators because they have no choice. they can either back nobody and the whole area becomes the worlds biggest dung heap (even more than what it already is) or back someone and maintain some peace. yep blame the US for every current world event. you think these people are ready for a low corruption democracy? heck naw, and the US know it.

Dude, you're just spitting out government propaganda

Egypt received the 2nd highest amount of foreign aid. If they didnt back him, then maybe this revolution couldve happend 30 years ago

The US will overthorw democratically elected leaders and install their own puppet dictators to look after their interest. Its the gullible who believe the stuff you just posted

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Its the way of certain groups to blame the Americans, but they forget its their own ****ed up people who landed their country in the spot it is in

Berries, please dont pretend you know what you're talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.