Tonight could make or break Kyle Flanagan

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a fan of his performances since round 1, but if there’s any game he will get up for it’s the Rooters. He needs to put in a good performance tonight, they’ve got a severely depleted team so it’s an opportunity.

if he just brings the same old mediocrity he’s fallen into the last few months (which I kind of expect), then he’s gonna rot in NSW cup the rest of his bulldogs career surely. He needs to kick on if he’s gonna partner burton next year with Avo fullback (which looks the most likely scenario right now)

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can’t see him playing well. Jake is still running the team so Kyles job is to organise the left hand side attack. But he has no running game and doesn’t dig into the line.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He’s badly out of form and the players surrounding him are hardly going to help bringing his form back. No first grade half should have to rely on a hooker like Katoa.I don’t really think tonight makes any difference because his career it’s already on the brink.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He’s badly out of form and the players surrounding him are hardly going to help bringing his form back. No first grade half should have to rely on a hooker like Katoa.I don’t really think tonight makes any difference because his career it’s already on the brink.
True but if he does step up and provide something, it does help his prospects and earn some respect that he can actually play half to fg standard.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I can’t see him playing well. Jake is still running the team so Kyles job is to organise the left hand side attack. But he has no running game and doesn’t dig into the line.
Our attack is a joke, not sure what made Baz think we could pull it off. We've now somehow ended up with Flanagan @ 5/8 where he isn't the least bit suited to the role :tearsofjoy:

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Definitely winable game roosters without teddy etc look very beatable.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Our attack is a joke, no sure what made Baz think he we could pull it off. We've now somehow ended up with Flanagan @ 5/8 where he isn't the least bit suited to the role :tearsofjoy:
People still blindly support Baz' decisions.

I can't see us dumping him but he is making some mind boggling selection decisions no question, and not helping his own cause.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Broken already jist by being picked.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
People still blindly support Baz' decisions.

I can't see us dumping him but he is making some mind boggling selection decisions no question, and not helping his own cause.
Its either Flannagan/Lewis/Wakeham/BBO

Flannagan - decent d more experienced and polished than other halves.
Lewis - Great d, decent experience, no future, no polish.
Wakeham - Complacent
BBO - Will shine off bench taking away Kyle's spot soon.

As much as we dont like, it is the logical approach atm.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Its either Flannagan/Lewis/Wakeham/BBO

Flannagan - decent d more experienced and polished than other halves.
Lewis - Great d, decent experience, no future, no polish.
Wakeham - Complacent
BBO - Will shine off bench taking away Kyle's spot soon.

As much as we dont like, it is the logical approach atm.
Logical? ....
Avo 7
Flanno 6

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't think he ever was or will be good enough and he certainly isn't mentally strong enough to make it. They need to try and cut their losses and get rid of him after a year like the Roosters did.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think he ever was or will be good enough and he certainly isn't mentally strong enough to make it. They need to try and cut their losses and get rid of him after a year like the Roosters did.
But the Roosters made him look good. Other teams can now see how shit he really is.

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem with Flanagan is he is too fragile.
He has the emotions of a 17 yo girl.

On top of that he is too structured and goes through the motions too much and seems like the type of player that goes into his shell when it doesn’t come off.

It’s shane because at the start of the year I was hoping for big things, he says all the right things but cannot deliver.

Having a soft as fuck forward pack doesn’t help him at all. Hopefully that’s fixed for next year and I’m sure at some point he will have another chance with a better side.

He needs more size and to engage the line more.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
But the Roosters made him look good. Other teams can now see how shit he really is.
It won't be easy. But the Roosters had to pay some freight to make it happen and we'll need to as well. I still think another club like Canberra, Saints or the Tigers might take a chance on him for 300k.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will def be the test
If he just sits back then Robinson and do can just sit back and laugh on how we fell to signing him.
I hope he has a good game plays at the line a bit and kicks into space not straight down the throat of the roosters back 3
He should know a little about the defence structure and possibly how to break it