Todd Greenberg to scout coaches on UK trip!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

neovo89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
HULL Kingston Rovers coach Justin Morgan has emerged as a surprise candidate for the vacant Canterbury coaching position.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal Bulldogs chief executive Todd Greenberg will interview Morgan during a trip to England next month.

Greenberg will also speak with Hudderfield's Nathan Brown, Castleford's Terry Matterson and Bradford's Mick Potter.

Morgan is a former Canberra, Parramatta and Warriors forward who has built an impressive reputation with the famous Hull KR club since 2005. Although he will be interviewed, Morgan isn't seen as a favourite to coach Canterbury next season.

Greenberg is known to be a fan of Potter, who was the Bulldogs fullback in their premiership-winning sides of 1984 and 1985.

But there are elements of the Canterbury board that want NSW coach Ricky Stuart.

However, Stuart would be forced to give up the Blues coaching job if he was to take over at Belmore.

Canterbury may not be in a position to name their new coach until early September.

Caretaker coach Jim Dymock took his first step to being retained following an 8-7 golden point win over Parramatta at Homebush on Friday night. The Bulldogs board has agreed to take its time in selecting the replacement for Kevin Moore, whose contract for next year was terminated.

Moore continues to remain silent over his sacking.

Dymock will be an enormous chance of retaining the reins if he can guide Canterbury into the semi-finals.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...aches-on-uk-trip/story-e6frexnr-1226101637178

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Waste of fkn time and money. If he is serious, he is kidding himself.

neovo89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I appreciate the effort Greenburg is putting into this, scouting talent in the UK however I feel that there two completely different codes of class?

I can’t see Brown or Morgan winning us the Premiership anyone know what Morgan’s success rate is?

But in saying that it’s the Dailycrap so no credibility.....

TheBarba

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If we appoint Nathan Brown as the head coach of the dogs I will not support the team. I will go as far as to not support the code as a whole. Watch this space if Brown is appointed I will have plenty of dogs gear up for sale.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm hearin ya! after 55 years of support that would apply to myself too!!!

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im a big fan of Micky Potter tbh.

He took an understrength side in Les Catalans to a CC final a few years back. He took St Helens to a GF last year. Is currently going through a resurgence somewhat of the Bradford Bulls. He is slowly rebuilding a team that has been on the ropes for the last few seasons after being a force in the early to mid naughties.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I appreciate the effort Greenburg is putting into this, scouting talent in the UK however I feel that there two completely different codes of class?

I can’t see Brown or Morgan winning us the Premiership anyone know what Morgan’s success rate is?

But in saying that it’s the Dailycrap so no credibility.....
You say you can't see Brown winning us a premiership yet you have no idea about his success rate?

Honestly, the stupid things people here come out with in relation to Super League is phenomenal. I reckon people here probably would've passed off Sam Burgess and Gareth Ellis as being crap before they even saw them play.

luke

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
wht does he have to fly to the uk? hasn't he heard of this new fandangled thing called video conference

Bulldog Bandit

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If Dymock gets us to the semis without Stagg, Ennis, & Tapau then surely he should be given a chance to coach the side in 2012. But somehow I feel the club has already made its mind up on a replacement.

neovo89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You say you can't see Brown winning us a premiership yet you have no idea about his success rate?

Honestly, the stupid things people here come out with in relation to Super League is phenomenal. I reckon people here probably would've passed off Sam Burgess and Gareth Ellis as being crap before they even saw them play.
Explain me the success rate that he had a the Dragons????? you want him coach????

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Explain me the success rate that he had a the Dragons????? you want him coach????
Sorry, I meant Morgan since that's whose success rate he was talking about.

Also, I didn't say I want either of them as coach, just that it is pretty stupid to hold an opinion which is essentially based on nothing, except possibly a lack of knowledge.

neovo89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sorry, I meant Morgan since that's whose success rate he was talking about.

Also, I didn't say I want either of them as coach, just that it is pretty stupid to hold an opinion which is essentially based on nothing, except possibly a lack of knowledge.
Point taken! Was basing my judgment on the lack of current UK coaches doing the rounds in our current code! And Sam Burgess and Gareth Ellis who? They are both injury proned half the season and have little effect, but WHEN fit can be an assist to a team!

CBDog

In the Zone
Reaction score
wht does he have to fly to the uk? hasn't he heard of this new fandangled thing called video conference
Tell me where would you rather be now?..........sitting in a bar beside a pool in the Greek Islands with plenty of bikini babes or freezing your backside off
here in the Sydney winter?.... While your there you would bump into heaps of Polititians overseas on trip junkets......oops I meant taxpayed overseas information gathering studies
concerning some bullsh1t they dream up.

The trip is probably a smoke screen holiday.

Stuart's the man.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I've got a big rap on Justin Morgan. The guy is an excellent coach.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Brown is a good coach, his situation at the Dragons wasnt the best as he was really young and played with most of the team. He has had a few years away and had pretty good success in the ESL, he has grown as a coach and people shouldn't judge him only on his years at the Dragons. He has come a long way since and if he was appointed coach I wouldn't mind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.