Todd Carney MEGA DICKHEAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
These player managers are a disgrace ,if you managed a guy like carney 3 clubs you wouldnt want him to go to is roosters /sharks or titans a guy like him needs a hasler/bellamy or bennett
If you where a professional player manager, you would do your job and get them in the club that offers the most money, or, best overall package.

They are business managers, not stand in parents.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
OMG, the amount of people claiming that drinking your own piss is the most putrid of all human activities, need to get a ****ing clue. Scenario, if it was a picture of Todd Carney sitting on his couch with a glass of urine, would he still be getting sacked?, NO FUKCING WAY. Oh, but because its in the toilet (holy shit, he is in a place where urine is actually meant to be), he get condemned as a filthy lowlife animal. FMD, I bet you 1 million dollars, if you saw somebody like Cooper Cronk on a TV ad spruiking the benefits of "RED PEE", the new urine energy drink, you'd all run over your kids to get to the store to grab a 6 pack. So, lets get down to the crux of it, LOCATION. Apparently there is still a stigma with the toilet, to be more precise, the public toilets. How many misdemeanors or indiscretions have occurred in this wonderful place?, SBW and Falzon anybody, half the Broncos in one cubical, far our, was that how Thaiday got his name "Third man" from? and how could be forget, Geoff Huegil and his wife. Is he the only person in the the entire world to get done in the loo on the rack?, bloody amateurs. In closing, the public toilets.......Shit now Ive forgotten what I was on about, but you get the gist.
You forgot George michael and alan jones In public toilets....

The key point with carneys sacking Is he was on his last warning ever since he left roosters and joined cronulla.
He was on complete alcohol ban by the club as what I have heard.
He had breached the alcohol ban rule a numerous times earlier this year but sharks were waiting for something like this to go public.
I am with you if it was any other cronulla player he would have got slapped on the wrist and brushed under the carpet.
Todd carney is and has always been a basket case, he brought this upon himself and shouldnt blame anyone else.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you where a professional player manager, you would do your job and get them in the club that offers the most money, or, best overall package.

They are business managers, not stand in parents.
Its the whole package not just the highest money for 1 deal ,case in point look at where hes at now ,care for your client allows them to make good money their whole career not banned from nrl at 28

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
At least he confirmed that this isn't the first time he's unleashed the bubbler.

Jim Doyle has now said he isn't banned from the NRL for life.

Probably shouldn't have been sacked for this but if he's been punching on and pissing behind the bar then he deserves the punt.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Here's the strange thing.

If you saw that on a Jackass film, you'd laugh your arse off or think "ewww".

But everything has to be looked at in context. Todd is the face of the Sharks and a spokesperson like Gallen for them. He's seen as a role model by some.

In much the same way Reynolds and Hodko so some truly inspirational stuff for kids and in hospitals, it only takes one drunken moron pissing in his own gob, to undo much good work by others.

The stance had to be taken because the NRL and the club had no other choice. Fail to act and you are encouraging such behaviour, act swiftly and some see it as heavy handed.

Acting swiftly is the lesser of two evils, as its "just one player". If you let it go unseen how many others start doing it.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Its the whole package not just the highest money for 1 deal ,case in point look at where hes at now ,care for your client allows them to make good money their whole career not banned from nrl at 28
Thats why I said " or best overall package " ....... however, are you saying player managers should work babysitters into the deal to prevent you doing something stupid?

Hasler had John Hopoate for a time at Manly, Glenn Stewart with his dramas. Bennett had Russell Packer contacted when he committed that assault.

There simply is no team, or coach that can prevent a stupid person from doing stupid things.

Add to that, Carney was signed at Cronulla after being sacked by the Raiders and the Roosters...... if your his manager, you just get him signed up, you don't start making demands on the club to save him from himself.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Why hasnt carney ,a $650k/annum player, employed a lawyer? , why would HE speak to the press of all people?
I find this whole incident very strange.
The guy has just starred in a game where against all odds made a once in a lifetime comeback and the very next day he's sacked because of a picture which wouldnt see the light of day as evidence in a case of unfair dismissal.
He could argue that he was set up because the club was going broke and due to his past history he was the easiest target... Just saying hypothetically....
I think he has finally realised he stuffed up big time lol

A

Alexander the Great

Souths should sign him.
He will fit right in the green and red.

rissolerob

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
And who did he give an EXCLUSIVE interview to....none other than that bottom feeder Dunny Weidler,....they deserve each other.
By the way.. if Todd is looking for a job...... I want to put a "water feature" in my front yard , I think he would be perfect.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
And who did he give an EXCLUSIVE interview to....none other than that bottom feeder Dunny Weidler,....they deserve each other.
By the way.. if Todd is looking for a job...... I want to put a "water feature" in my front yard , I think he would be perfect.
Na the **** would piss in his own mouth lol

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Since Noyce is so clever he can coach the Sharks himself.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Spot on brother. Konrad Hurrell case in point. $5K and no suspension wasn't it?
With the Hurrell thing, when you watch the video you can't tell if its real of fake but with Carney you can see his knob...

ninja_h

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not sticking up for him or anything but by coincidence i had a similar type of incident happen to me yesterday. I parked my car at the entrance of our work carpark overnight which was btw closed and reopens at 8am but some bloke who works at with me who obviously has nothing better to do ,took a 'sneaky' photo of me getting into my car at 0730am to go home and then put it on Facebook making me out to be some Fukwit who has no respect for others trying to get into the carpark. He meant for it to be a joke.

Now this dipshit who doesn't work shift hours or even use the carpark cause he's a tightarse piece of sh*t doesn't realise that after-hours we are authorized to park anywhere within the front of the establishment within reason .

My point is it's a violation of privacy and a misinterpretation of the situation as I firstly did not give him permission to take a photo of me let alone make a false statement of what I was doing.

How do people get away with sacking people over a picture . I know that unless you are told that you are being filmed is it permissible to use photos in court for evidence.
In what light we see his "act" is a matter of subjective aesthetic opinion; the point here is he did it in his own private time, he has every right to act like an idiot or a performance artist- a corporation or an entity has NO right to infringe on the civil liberties of their employees.
In a society where racist, sexist or any other discriminatory remarks are tolerated under the protection of freedom of speech; where wife-beaters girlfriend-bashers malicious property damage offenders- the list goes on and on- have escaped criminal charges and incarceration; Carney has become a scapegoat of the latest NRL spin on so-called tough stance on players' misdemeanor.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
With the Hurrell thing, when you watch the video you can't tell if its real of fake but with Carney you can see his knob...
Sorry come again,

His knob or he Is a knob?..lol

Even If u meant his knob, have u seen it before?...so it could be a plastic one which u can buy from those adult stores...lol

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry come again,

His knob or he Is a knob?..lol

Even If u meant his knob, have u seen it before?...so it could be a plastic one which u can buy from those adult stores...lol
Haha, Carney isn't that smart bro

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Haven't read every page

He wasn't just sacked for this there had been two other occasions he stuffed up and he was on his final warning

He is hopless on the piss and won't learn simple as that

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
You guys need to get with the program and stop defending him. You're wasting your time in any case. It won't stop here either. Anyone in future who is shown to hit a girl, crap on someone or something, drink their own urine will be GONE. No more lifting tackles, no more punching, no more racial abuse, no more ref abuse. Anyone who doesn't like it can head off and support UFC and when you do it can you take the knuckleheads who think Carney was hard done by with you please?
Gee mate, very mature of you to go around calling people knuckleheads, get of your high horse for a sec and realize that some people do actually have a conscience about throwing somebody out on their arse over a situation, that although was controversial wasn't illegal. So you would be fine to throw out Cooper Cronk if he did the same thing? you wouldn't, you'd make up all the excuse in the world to save his arse. So please don't bring up all this legal bullshit, your point of view is taken from a perspective that you dislike Todd Carney, the person, not the footy player. For the record, I can see why the Sharks have sacked him, I respect that, but I don't have to like it, you are entitled to your opinion as is everybody else, but just because we don't agree with them, there is no need to call the rest of us knuckleheads like some neanderthals who cant think for ourselves.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Gee mate, very mature of you to go around calling people knuckleheads, get of your high horse for a sec and realize that some people do actually have a conscience about throwing somebody out on their arse over a situation, that although was controversial wasn't illegal. So you would be fine to throw out Cooper Cronk if he did the same thing? you wouldn't, you'd make up all the excuse in the world to save his arse. So please don't bring up all this legal bullshit, your point of view is taken from a perspective that you dislike Todd Carney, the person, not the footy player. For the record, I can see why the Sharks have sacked him, I respect that, but I don't have to like it, you are entitled to your opinion as is everybody else, but just because we don't agree with them, there is no need to call the rest of us knuckleheads like some neanderthals who cant think for ourselves.
i wouldnt i hate cronk

but...... no prior indiscretions and a clean skin

as i said carney wasn't sacked just for this he has had 2 chances prior at the sharks and was on his final warning

Dog Till I Die

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Carney logic

Not that I'm defending what he did, but can someone explain to me how one football player's career can be abruptly terminated for an act where there was no victim, was not performed publicly, nor embarrassed or hurt no-one (except Carney himself) and yet the AFL allows a player charged with three counts or rape to play on this weekend???

Logic?
Justice?

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Three million reasons enough was enough when it came to troubled star Todd Carney

Paul Kent
The Daily Telegraph
July 01, 2014 12:00AM

TODAY’S sermon comes from the finance department, a public service announcement to all those believing Todd Carney was hard done by.

Chances are, I’ve heard it already ...

He only harmed himself.
Can’t a guy have a night out without it ending up in the papers?
No-one else was involved.
Who else’s business is it?
Surely an incident this small can’t cost him his career?

It’s an argument old enough to buy wrinkle cream, and goes around every time a players is sacked for poor behaviour. And while the momentum is slowly shifting it keeps being repeated, a fading voice in the wind of reason.

So that’s why today we are in the finance department. Maybe people will understand better if we put it in terms different to what you or I find socially acceptable.

Every Friday night Channel Nine gets around just under 1 million. They are what I like to call “rusted on” viewers. They love rugby league. They are going to tune in whether it is Manly and the Roosters in the grand final replay or Canberra and North Queensland in the Forgotten Cup.

But three times a year a little magic dust gets sprinkled over rugby league and State of Origin rolls in and, as shown in games one and two this season, more than four million people around the country watch the game.

What that tells the finance department is that there is potentially 3 million people prepared to watch rugby league - just not prepared to watch it all the time.

And being the dreamers they are, as finance people are nothing if not dreamers, they try to imagine what the game would be like if that potential 3 million tuned in every week. And started taking their children to the games. And started buying merchandise from their new club. And became members. At this point, the finance department usually need a good lie down, as they are rolling in cash.

The game’s focus should be attracting those people every week.
Now, how can they if simple standards of decency are not met?

Forget the “mums” argument, what right-minded person of any sort would encourage their child to get involved in a code that simply turns away when basic standards of behaviour are not met? That’s not what attracted you or me and all of us other rusted on fans. We fell in love with the bravery, the athleticism, the combat ... and learned to tolerate that unsavoury because by then the love affair was on. It was too late.

But those 3 million people are still deciding.

Some of those defending Carney might not have realised the Sharks have no major sponsor. How do they approach their next major sponsor, trying to get them to invest in rugby league ?

Potential sponsor: “Rugby league? That’s the game where that fellow peed in his own mouth, that right?”
Poor old Steve Noyce: “Oh yes, he’s one of our best players.”
Potential sponsor, rising for the door: “Well it was a pleasure doing business with you.”

How could a sponsor possibly believe his brand is being promoted positively by associating himself with that?

Over the years, millions of dollars have been lost to rugby league after sponsors walked away from unsavoury incidents at clubs.

Millions.

Now pretend that money is still in the game, as you hear clubs arguing for salary cap concessions, and long service allowances, and marquee player payments. Players can’t pretend it’s a business at those times, but not when sponsors walk away.

Another reality, hidden away, is that when sponsors walk away, the loss in revenue usually means someone in the front office gets the tap.
Sorry, we just can’t afford you anymore. Does anyone pass the cap around for those people?
Indeed, it’s why the Sharks don’t have a major sponsor now.

Carney’s career is a tremendous disappointment, and it is all self-inflicted.
The job now is to ensure his life does not go the same way.
He needs help. He needs alcoholic counselling.

On Monday his manager David Riolo went to pains to say the photo was staged, that it was made to look like he was doing it, without ever really doing it.

Really? That’s the best we can do?
Riolo would be better served getting Carney professional help for his alcohol problem.

Players might not believe this, but not every episode of player misbehaviour ends up in the media. Stories and incidents involving Carney have been coming out of Cronulla all season, and all have been let pass as they served no public interest until this photo ended up on social media, where it could not be ignored.

Once that happened, Carney did not harm only himself. He harmed the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.