Todd Carney has desire to return to NRL after turning life around at French side Cat

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Have to agree with him. Players have done far worse, Todd just kept doing stupid things and the NRL had enough.

Barba bashes his wife and becomes the face of the NRL last year, Russell Packer almost kills a man and will be playing this year and Danny Wicks for drug trafficking.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
There is def players that should not be running around. But carney has to realize he is a grade A fukkwit and has had more than his fair share of chances .and while he hasn't done those things mentioned he has put people's lives in danger more than once.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There is def players that should not be running around. But carney has to realize he is a grade A fukkwit and has had more than his fair share of chances .and while he hasn't done those things mentioned he has put people's lives in danger more than once.
It was the photo that ruined him, if it was just told by someone he would of never got the sack.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It was the photo that ruined him, if it was just told by someone he would of never got the sack.
I think it was his constant string of offences the photo was the straw that broke the camels back. Give it time he wont make full season over there with out doing something stupid

Rottie

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I think he's having a dig at Gallen with the drugs comment

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He does stupid shit yeah but nothing as bad as current players or returning players have done who are put on pedal stool (Inglis, Bird and etc)

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
its interesting how he says he hasnt been in jail as if he hasnt done anything bad enough to get into jail

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Come back to me in 24-48 months and I'll be convinced then.

His planes bearly landed over there ane he already thinks he has some sort of entitlement to be allowed to play inthe NRL. Sorry Tod .. too many chances blown before.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Would love to have him in our squad tbh. As much of a retard as he is, he honestly hasn't done anything close to as bad as some of the current NRL players running around. Yes he's a repeat offender but its quite the double standard to have woman bashers/gropers, convicted felons in our game and tell him he's barred from the NRL.

That and he is one hell of a superstar.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Would love to have him in our squad tbh. As much of a retard as he is, he honestly hasn't done anything close to as bad as some of the current NRL players running around. Yes he's a repeat offender but its quite the double standard to have woman bashers/gropers, convicted felons in our game and tell him he's barred from the NRL.

That and he is one hell of a superstar.
No doubt about his talent, but too unpredictable. Could go full retard at any moment.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Ohhhhh my bad ... he has only been over there less than 6 months, and already wants to come back to the NRL :roflol:

29 JUNE 2014 - Carney sacked from Sharks.
30 JUNE 2014 - Agent claims Carney was setup. - http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/todd-carney-lewd-photo-a-setup-says-agent-20140630-zsqim.html It was in the press.
18 NOV 2014 - Carney upset at NRL but happy in France at Catalans. - http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...exit-but-happy-in-france-20141117-11oqc5.html

"As soon as I get settled, I'll be taking (French) lessons," said Carney, who will live with former Cronulla teammate Ben Pomeroy while he finds his own place.
"I've signed a three-year deal and I'd like to finish my career here and go on longer, after the three years.
"I'm really going to get into that and the culture and make this my home for the rest of my career.
"I want to try and make this my home for the rest of my football career."
That was merely 2 months ago.

So once again proving that Carney loves to talk shit.

MAYBE his sudden change of heart is because his teammates over there aren't as impressed as the boneheads he hung out with in Australia who almost glorified his stupidity.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Carney didn't get banned for one thing, he has been kicked out of multiple clubs and finally everyone had enough. Guy has to bloody grow up, and there is no way he has grown up after 6 months in France.

More likely he just hates France.

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Carney may need the NRL but it doesn't need him. Good riddance.

Malla

Reaction score
He has a point. For me though it comes down to the Sharks and their reluctancy to even fight to keep him. Given the amount of crap they went through last year, they took the easy route and let it be.

I think that he will be back by 2016. Probably back home with the Raiders.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Where have I heard this before. He went to country QLD, played park footy and worked in a pub and said he learnt his lesson, it was meant to be a redemption story when he went to the Roosters but it didn't last.

He has a point. For me though it comes down to the Sharks and their reluctancy to even fight to keep him. Given the amount of crap they went through last year, they took the easy route and let it be.

I think that he will be back by 2016. Probably back home with the Raiders.
The problem is the Sharks told he had one chance only and he promised the coach that he would do the right thing. What he did isn't a hanging offence but he used the one chance that they gave him.

Malla

Reaction score
Where have I heard this before. He went to country QLD, played park footy and worked in a pub and said he learnt his lesson, it was meant to be a redemption story when he went to the Roosters but it didn't last.

The problem is the Sharks told he had one chance only and he promised the coach that he would do the right thing. What he did isn't a hanging offence but he used the one chance that they gave him.
Apparently he was still doing that same old stuff up in North QLD and Sharks were aware of it upon signing him.

I agree with you - it was definitely a clause in his contract and he broke it, but that was between he and the Sharks. Had the Sharks fought to keep him he would still be here because he didn't break any laws. He did not bring the game into disrepute - he only brought himself into disrepute and embarrassed himself upon doing so. I was surprised David Smith came out the way he did and really put it on Carney. I think Sharks were sick of it more than anything and were happy to see the back of him.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pls wasn't this bloke banned from visiting his home town of Goulburn by a judge his a goose let him back in game I don't really care but don't allow anywhere near my team he would be a cancer to younger players coming through

Status
Not open for further replies.