Toby Rudolf

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He's average .... Atoni and Hetherington should be our bench middle forwards. If you are looking for Rudolf to be one of your starters / enforcers then you are in big trouble... Club should be aiming higher than a bloke who can't tackle

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's average .... Atoni and Hetherington should be our bench middle forwards. If you are looking for Rudolf to be one of your starters / enforcers then you are in big trouble... Club should be aiming higher than a bloke who can't tackle
I agree bro, I think is a little bit above average though. It depends on how much we get him for. We still need to get Thommo some quality support up front. IMO, Rudolf is not that by himself

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I agree bro, I think is a little bit above average though. It depends on how much we get him for. We still need to get Thommo some quality support up front. IMO, Rudolf is not that by himself
Agree, my main concern too is how much we would have to pay. I don't know who else the club would look at... I don't like him but I'd take Dunamis Lui for 1 year over Rudolf so the club could assess a genuine option for 2023

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know we need to sign 30. I don't consider Naden and Rudolf to be big name signings. Rudolf is solid and Naden is unwanted at Penrith and hasn't played first grade since he got done for getting on the rack. If we sign players like these I expect a quality 9 and another prop or strike second rower.
100% agree mate although if the reports of paying Rudolf anywhere near the $500-600k are true, its a big name contract regardless of whether or not he is actually a 'big name'. I dont mind having him in our team but I think his max value is $400-450k and I am not sure he would leave the sharks for that.

Hooker and a prop are definitely a priority.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He'd be a good signing at the right price. 3 years at 400-450k would be good for us. Much more and you risk overpaying or him flopping because expectations increase etc..

Either way, he's an aggressive middle forward who has some skill and makes good metres which is what we need. He and Thompson would make an imposing starting front row. Especially if we sprinkle some cheese on there..

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He'd be a good signing at the right price. 3 years at 400-450k would be good for us. Much more and you risk overpaying or him flopping because expectations increase etc..

Either way, he's an aggressive middle forward who has some skill and makes good metres which is what we need. He and Thompson would make an imposing starting front row. Especially if we sprinkle some cheese on there..
Hey B-Train Love your avatar pic. Top photo man!

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
100% agree mate although if the reports of paying Rudolf anywhere near the $500-600k are true, its a big name contract regardless of whether or not he is actually a 'big name'. I dont mind having him in our team but I think his max value is $400-450k and I am not sure he would leave the sharks for that.

Hooker and a prop are definitely a priority.
The guy will be 26 next January played 1 season covid one 2020 less games and now 7 games 2021 we also beat the dolphins with him in the team in the cc gf few years back

No way his worth over 245k fuck that shit

So many better players we should have a nab at Papalii maybe sticky can help baz here let him goi would take him asap not likely same as Tpj and Big Taumalolo

Theres still some big off contract forwards for 2023

Like Tino and one of JFH or Kikau

save the dosh

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The guy will be 26 next January played 1 season covid one 2020 less games and now 7 games 2021 we also beat the dolphins with him in the team in the cc gf few years back

No way his worth over 245k fuck that shit

So many better players we should have a nab at Papalii maybe sticky can help baz here let him goi would take him asap not likely same as Tpj and Big Taumalolo

Theres still some big off contract forwards for 2023

Like Tino and one of JFH or Kikau

save the dosh
We'd probably be able to get Leota for 2023 if we were willing to wait 1 year (I'm not). 245k for Rudolf isn't a competitive offer (actually an insulting offer). 600k and he probably signs, slightly less and we're in for a chance imo. People/fans who don't rate him (I think he's in the do the job/quality range personally) aren't going to want to sign him for what it'd cost obviously.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I’m not certain here.

He is a good solid player. Though that’s not 600k.

If it was 400k for sure. Lock it in.

I get Napa is on 650k though that doesn’t make it ok to fuck it up again.

We all agree atoni and hetho bench will be good enough.

Thompson needs a beast to start with. Rudolf isn’t that. He’s a solid pack player and I have no problem with him at 400k.

My preference is by far going hard at Pangai or as others said maybe have a sniff at papali etc. these blokes are game Changers . Leaders. Sign them at 600k. Hell if probz pay papali 7-8... he’s a beast. Pangai s issue is suspensions and brain snaps or he would be too.

We just need that wrecking ball too for our pack.

Regardless b Smith has to be priority. Hooker is fucked and has been for years. Him locked in gives us everything we need except a big fucking prop and if we don’t have enough for a 600-800k prop then someone like rudolf will have to do till we are free of dwz and Jackson.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
True but dont forget, we still have to have 30 players signed!w
Just because we are letting a bunch go, we still need to replace them and they can't all be big name players (We're not the roosters!)
I would definitely Get rid of Crichton,Napa,hoppa,and unfortunately rfm,who the past 2 seasons has played a handful of games,and has become injury prone,there’s around $1.8 million there.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hopefully an upgrade on ogden and that's about it.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I would definitely Get rid of Crichton,Napa,hoppa,and unfortunately rfm,who the past 2 seasons has played a handful of games,and has become injury prone,there’s around $1.8 million there.
Already spent Hopoate and Napa's money.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why are people so confident we are getting the cheese. Don’t get me wrong I’d love to have him but no indication has been given that he is coming. I’ve only heard he is most likely going to stay in melb next year.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score